Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
stopped out of dax now also -24 full points

worst day yet for the system

totals 7 trades

- 126 full points ouch(n)
sorry bud. not a good day for me either. got stopped out of eurjpy and came out of a long gold position with a loss when your pin was formed. I said that in the last page, you should not have traded if you had taken the oilngold or livechart pivots as we should have gone long the bar before and kept till stop is hit or 1:1. I did the first but sadly couldnt handle the latter.

Attachments

• Spot Gold 9 may(DFB).png
    Spot Gold 9 may(DFB).png
    23.3 KB · Views: 178
sorry bud. not a good day for me either. got stopped out of eurjpy and came out of a long gold position with a loss when your pin was formed. I said that in the last page, you should not have traded if you had taken the oilngold or livechart pivots as we should have gone long the bar before and kept till stop is hit or 1:1. I did the first but sadly couldnt handle the latter.

thanks ddi

for pointing that out, i drew my pivots last night myself as oilngold and livecharts did nt have them and i never checked them today

shame as i would not have taken any trades on gold except the long trade you pointed out

so basically 81 points of my loss today was off the incorrect pivot levels, says it all really

Chart : of the right pivot level is the black line and the red line is what i had as my pivot and traded off

costly mistake but it happens and we have to move on
gold.gif

and you got to add 40 pips profit (system performance) for the gold long gold trade you should have taken.

Tempted by this EurGbp trade, but thought pin not good enough! Sods law sees it become a great trade. Did anyone take it?

Attachments

• EurGbp Chart.jpg
    EurGbp Chart.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 190
Missed trade on the eurusd

Mata Nui pin bar indicator is working well it picked it out nicely (y)

chart
euro.gif

trade alert gold. off R! (livecharts)

slightly different lows on oil and gold i prefer the oilngold levels as i can clearly see where they got them from so i will pass as my pin bar is below the r1

chart
gold.gif

slightly different lows on oil and gold i prefer the oilngold levels as i can clearly see where they got them from so i will pass as my pin bar is below the r1

chart
View attachment 113490
I see what you mean. I'll take it as I like the preceding bars and indicator.

order triggered as am writing..fingers crossed

All there is a bug on the indicator i posted relating to ratio of the body to the bar range. It seems to be inverse. The pin it missed on brent can be picked up by changing the settings but the settings dont relate in the way you would think. I will fix it now

the pin bar indicator never indicated this bar on brent

chart
View attachment 113488

Pocrel, The Brent bar didnt show because the way it calculated the body to bar range ratio was messed up. I have corrected that now.
The parameter BodyToRangeRatio is now a percentage. When it was set to 33% the bar didnt trigger. If i change it to 35% it does display it. This confirms what i thought by visually looking at the bar that the body was close to the 33% but probably slightly over.

The fixed version *with a default of 35% is att.
Obviously you can change these settings

Attachments

• HSPinBar.mq4
    5.2 KB · Views: 214