Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good work, how come you dropped the pivot points?

Still very similar to how I trade, however I like to see the pivot points coincide with what I determine to be major s&r levels.

The reason I dont use pivot points anymore is because I have been looking for fewer trades and its much easier to setup alerts for the pwh pwl

floor pivots are still fine if you want to use them and can be good for working out daily price movement and range (especially for index and commodities)

forex I think can give alot more mix signals so best to stick with pdh pdl pwh pwl levels as pivots for this

and here is the gbpusd chart follow up from earlier (lovely example today)

gbpusdm301.png

cheers ffsear

Good work, how come you dropped the pivot points?

Still very similar to how I trade, however I like to see the pivot points coincide with what I determine to be major s&r levels.
Yes - I agree. s&r -pivots(s changing to r)-Fibs -Pins-engulfing bars etc...in other words price doing something at certain points such as swing highs etc thus avoiding blindly taking trades based on random location of various price patterns(y)

Cheers, Im on USDJPY today - short at 96.69

Attachments

• USDJPY.png
    USDJPY.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 320
Nice one, think i was fast asleep!

Today.. GBPAUD

Attachments

• gbpaud.png
    gbpaud.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 288
I know cause sometimes I used to trade with pinbar, of course not all are goods trades sometimes i lose money too!! anyway most of winning trade depends where pinabar are, like support, resistence,key level, Fibo...

Hey Pocrel,

Do you use this strategy when a PWH gets broken and then acts as support ? See here on NZD/USD

Attachments

• nad.png
    nad.png
    34 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
Hey Porcel,

Do you use this strategy when a PWH gets broken and then acts as support ? See here on NZD/USD

dunno about porcel, but i go double position when my swing low bar looks like that in that position (i'm not on forex, of course :LOL:).

Hey Pocrel,

Support turned resistance,where Pin is located on the new support, is a favoured way of trading. It validates the pin as being stronger than any old pin in any old location.Pins are usually traded at swing high/lows, as are engulfing bars. Such patterns at other locations (for continuations) require more experience and a readiness to change ones' mind in an instant.:)