Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have finally decided how i am going to progress this journal as I know by the messages of support that people like it and want me to keep it going no matter what the nay sayers say

Basically I will run the live room when I am off work part-time so that will equate to bout 14 trading days a month on average and the i will run the journal when I am away on trips such as now where i can focus just on one thing and with my laptop which is prone to crashing at any minute its the best way forward

All journal trades will be called live with chart setups to back this up and the market will decide the outcome, I will also use the example of a model £10000 portfolio as i do in the live room and risk 1.5 % on every trade taken from now on in the live journal

This should dispel anyone from criticism as people can quickly determine if i have been profitable or not and all of this free and all my ideas on my setups are already posted on this site so i can not do much more than that

hope your enjoy the journal going forward

patrick

Last edited:
Actually I couldn't care less, I'm just saying if he did that he would have an edge over other vendors.

He already has an edge way over and above most vendors on here...he has called live trades both here and on the old fx live calls thread.

Pocrel, I admit a bit of disappointment that you are moving to the "dark side" but I have nothing bad to say. You've posted live calls and charts, shown your methods, and answered questions. What more does anyone want?

I wish you well and good luck!

Peter

She finally blew

eurusd.gif

HTML:
All journal trades will be called live with chart setups to back this up and the market will decide the outcome, I will also use the example of a model £10000 portfolio as i do in the live room and risk 1.5 % on every trade taken from now on in the live journal

so just to confirm did you take this trade. you said you would be calling all trades live in the journal but this has been posted after the trade. Please don't get annoyed I think it is great that you said you will post trades live on the journal with a model portfolio. why not link your broker to forexdesk.com (it's free) so we can all see the trades you are calling.

HTML:

so just to confirm did you take this trade. you said you would be calling all trades live in the journal but this has been posted after the trade. Please don't get annoyed I think it is great that you said you will post trades live on the journal with a model portfolio. why not link your broker to forexdesk.com (it's free) so we can all see the trades you are calling.

That trade was not taken, when i take trades i call them live and per usual in the journal so that everyone can see the times of the trade and the outcome also that trade was shown as great example of the system in work so that people can be reminded of what i am doing here

As for forexdesk that does not work for me as i spreadbet with a few accounts, so if your really interested in what i am doing then please feel free to dissect the trades

Unfortunately my travel's have been over weekend's so i have not been around to post any live trades on the blog as the live room is keeping me busy, hopefully i am looking at trading live on the journal again soon when i get a chance

best of luck with everyone's trading (y)

very nice 4hr pin bar on the FTSE100 i know its not using the daily pivots as to this system but it is through a strong resistance line and very good r/r at the moment due to the break of the bar and the retrace
Any thoughts?
Rob

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-10 at 11.37.00.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-10 at 11.37.00.png
    223.4 KB · Views: 181
Just like to thank Pocrel for setting up the live room. I am new to fx, having mainly traded Australian stocks up to now.

Highly recommended.

Keep up the great work!

very nice 4hr pin bar on the FTSE100 i know its not using the daily pivots as to this system but it is through a strong resistance line and very good r/r at the moment due to the break of the bar and the retrace
Any thoughts?
Rob

I like pins but, I'm afraid, am not a great believer in pivots, which is why I leave this thread alone. If you want to talk somewhere else, perhaps, we could exchange ideas.

Just now, though, I see the present 4 hour bar could become a pin in the revesrse direction. What do you think? A couple of hours to go, yet, and anything can happen in that time. But when do you decide to take action, if you have not, already, done so??

Thanks for the support Brendan :)

AS for pivots and the longer time frames, I feel the longer the time frame the less you need pivots, so when your trading off 4 hr charts I think you do not need pivots

I would use more support and resistance as my pivots points and watch the price action at these areas

Also watch where price consolidates and try to play a breakout pullback with a pin bar price pattern, this is a very rewarding play

good luck to anyone playing the 4hr time frame, its just not for me at the moment

I like pins but, I'm afraid, am not a great believer in pivots, which is why I leave this thread alone. If you want to talk somewhere else, perhaps, we could exchange ideas.

Just now, though, I see the present 4 hour bar could become a pin in the revesrse direction. What do you think? A couple of hours to go, yet, and anything can happen in that time. But when do you decide to take action, if you have not, already, done so??

Pivots are great for secondary confluence. Not something you want to be taking blind trades off imo.

Not looking so great now eurjpy, had to delete the last chart due account number showing sorry

short now usdcad at 10128 stop is 10158

damn berlusconi, spooked the market again, same happen in a eurusd trade short yesterday anyway move on

stopped out -30 points or 1.5% of the 10000 model portfolio

so -£150 on trade

model porfolio sitting at £9850 (n)

Markets looking like a big short, so looking for short entries at the moment