Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't get me wrong I am not knocking Pocrel I think he is excellent and its a great journal, I was just wondering what people thought of his calls, is he above average? I just don't see anyone else doing the same thing as he does here. Some people make live calls, they give no reason for them or very limited then they come back maybe with the result of the call then again maybe not

Why is there not more people on trade2win doing this kind of stuff or is it just to difficult to do

and as I said I am not knock pocrel at all I am applauding him

Don't get me wrong I am not knocking Pocrel I think he is excellent and its a great journal, I was just wondering what people thought of his calls, is he above average? I just don't see anyone else doing the same thing as he does here. Some people make live calls, they give no reason for them or very limited then they come back maybe with the result of the call then again maybe not

Why is there not more people on trade2win doing this kind of stuff or is it just to difficult to do

Think about it - If everybody did the same thing in all walks of life ?
It's being human, having a choice.
Not everyone' cup of tea etc, etc.
Even the Turtles individual results varied. Some did well -other Turtles didn't. Note that "more" people did not take up Turtle trading albeit it is not difficult to do. Individual results will vary in any endeavour due to being human.
As I said - you have to do your own research and look at your results since your "Pocrel" type trading will vary in outcomes to his.:)

It's not easy to do live calls and pay attention to trading at the same time. I tried it once but gave it up.

Think about it - If everybody did the same thing in all walks of life ?
It's being human, having a choice.
Not everyone' cup of tea etc, etc.
Even the Turtles individual results varied. Some did well -other Turtles didn't. Note that "more" people did not take up Turtle trading albeit it is not difficult to do. Individual results will vary in any endeavour due to being human.
As I said - you have to do your own research and look at your results since your "Pocrel" type trading will vary in outcomes to his.:)

pocrel's doing a good job here posting not just the criteria for entry and exits, but also his live trades and even trade alerts for markets that might develop into a pin bar entry situation.

He seems to be doing well but I'm having a poor time matching results I expected. Maybe others are doing what I aim to do with pins for the next few weeks to improve my win rate - I will be waiting for the next candlestick (or slightly later) to confirm the direction indicated by the pin and look to enter on its Close. I don't think the nose of the pin would now be a viable stop, too far away, I may find I can use the near end of the pin itself, we will see.

Set up on USD/SGD - But i dont fancy the 12pip spread much!!

Attachments

• usdsgd.png
    usdsgd.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 168
AUD/JPY

Tripple top + pin bars - Possible Reversal

Attachments

• JYP-aud.png
    JYP-aud.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 146
Morning hope everyone had a good week? A new month and i finished up 5% last month so very happy with that.

This the dollars rise continues this morning so just drawing my lines and looking to position myself to get long the dollar at the moment but i feel it does not have far more to rise so we may also get some nice reversals this morning

Dollar chart and what i am looking at

usd index.gif

aussie was already trading nicely this morning

audusd.gif

Anyone having problems with feeds this morning? my brent, crude and ftse feed are down

could be a nice set up on the FTSE in 8 mins, not very strong pin bar but excellent R/R

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-01 at 09.21.23.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-01 at 09.21.23.png
    279 KB · Views: 134
Alot of people in the room this morning, i would just like to welcome everyone but if your expecting alot of quick trades i am afraid it does not work that way, i spend alot of time waiting which is something you must learn to do.

At the moment I am really waiting for a retrace of the dollar index it's way over extend, so to take anything short now would be far to dangerous

Alot of people in the room this morning, i would just like to welcome everyone but if your expecting alot of quick trades i am afraid it does not work that way, i spend alot of time waiting which is something you must learn to do.

At the moment I am really waiting for a retrace of the dollar index it's way over extend, so to take anything short now would be far to dangerous

here is the chart and why I am so concerned, major support area

usd index.gif

Anyone watching EUR/GBP ? - uptrend broken to the downside, pin on the 1hr chart

Anyone watching EUR/GBP ? - uptrend broken to the downside, pin on the 1hr chart

Morning ffsear, lovely trade on the audjpy yesterday well done hope you made some good money?

as for eurgbp its not for me and the reasons why

8 points into a round number

average daily range nearly reached

coming into a support / supply area so we could get a big bounce

so those 3 things would keep me out

Short at 0.8808 stop loss 0.8830 limit just going to let it ride for a bit take half at break even

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-01 at 09.40.16.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-01 at 09.40.16.png
    311.3 KB · Views: 261
Cheers - made 1:1 on the aud/jpy.

Do you have a site that lists ATR for fx pairs?

Cheers - made 1:1 on the aud/jpy.

Do you have a site that lists ATR for fx pairs?

No i dont have a site, but my TSR indicator on my screen calculates it all for me

but if you take the daily pivot and count down, eurgbp is down 52 points this morning and for that pair thats big, the average is about 60 for a day so i would be very careful at these levels

have a look at the TSR on the chart

eurgbp.gif

You raise 3 good points pocrel lol I have moved my order to almost a break even stop

What do you think of the FTSE setup 2 pin bars near a pivot point (although the one isnt complete yet)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-01 at 09.53.01.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-01 at 09.53.01.png
    226.7 KB · Views: 241