Patience - what is it?

So why do you close so many trades after a short time for a big loss?

Overall it is a profit , I made a mistake , I should have just bought at 12400 put ,instead of closing the puts , yesterday was very volatile and hectic.

I rewrote the july spread.

Sit back, relax and don’t even think about pressing that “buy” or “sell” button on your trading platform.

Sit back, relax and........
anigif_enhanced-15531-1422903769-13.gif
(y)

"Patience - what is it?"
I havent got time to read the whole of this thread, can someone just PM me the answer. Now!

Bill Lipschutz the currency trader summed up PATIENCE when he said, "Out of 250 trades in a year, it comes down to five, three of those will be wrong and you will lose a fortune and two will be right and you will make a fortune; for the other 245 trades-you should have been sitting PATIENTLY on your hands."

The short term day trading and weekly gambling is likely to make you impulsive , unprofitable and emotionally deranged.

Why are most traders impatient?

We feel better in control of destiny , we are not used to uncertainty and when we see certain profits WE JUMP AND TAKE THEM FAST BEFORE WE MISS OUT ON PROFITS.

One experienced trader once told me: ''Do your analysis properly and once you done - trust your analysis.'' I would say it is more aimed towards stock analysis, however I believe this can be applied to any kind. The more your analysis make sense to yourself the less likely you will flip out from a trade and thus be more patient.

One experienced trader once told me: ''Do your analysis properly and once you done - trust your analysis.'' I would say it is more aimed towards stock analysis, however I believe this can be applied to any kind. The more your analysis make sense to yourself the less likely you will flip out from a trade and thus be more patient.

No trade is a very good trade.It is being patient.

an old mentor told me

"" be smart enough to build a good system and then be dumb enough to follow it ""

so dont be impatient and change things !!

N

Patience has got to be one of the hardest parts of trading haha. I have the most trouble setting and forgetting my trades. Sometimes I will think I need to get out early or let the trade keep going. Luckily, I've learned that once my trade is placed, I just need to stay patient and let it play out how it will.

an old mentor told me

"" be smart enough to build a good system and then be dumb enough to follow it ""

so dont be impatient and change things !!

N

Patience helps control all your enemies within your self like self sabotage , reactive trades ,impulsive trades , over trading , need to be right , fear , greed , mind traps , information processing errors . mistakes , entering poor set ups , exiting trades early and information processing biases.

Short term and intraday traders eventually suffer from all the above psychological handicaps.Go to longer time frame trading and set and forget strategies , these make you very patient and less self destructive.

Patience is the most important skill in trading.Trader will make more money from the few trades and avoid the losers.

https://experiencelife.com/article/worth-the-wait/

Patience is one of the things trader can't control at times especially if they feel like they really need to do something for their investments.

Patience is one of the things trader can't control at times especially if they feel like they really need to do something for their investments.

Thats a very negative way of looking at it, you are condemning yourself to failure with that attitude and pre allowing yourself to fail.
How about "Patience is something a trader can and must learn in order to be successful".