Page constantly loading on T2W site

robster970

Veteren member
I've noticed today particularly that whenever I load a page, it never completed and seems to be spending it's life trying to talk to google analytics.

I'm not enjoying my browser churning. Can a competent geek sort it out? I've also noticed service unavailables coming from ads too.

In fact, looking at the bottom of my browser, it's now churning on view.atdmt.com.

:rolleyes:

Sounds like an internet connectivity issue ie. your ISP is having some problems grabbing things off the web. Can you let us know if the problem still exists.

It's done it for me beofer a couple of times actually, but isn't currently doing it. I assume it's to do with an advert somewhere.

Yeah it normally happens when it's trying to load something external to the site like an advert or a stats monitoring service like google analytics. Seems fine to me now.

Something like this seems to be happening a lot to me tonight.

I use Firefox and always update it when a new update/plugin is noticed.

Other tabs in the same browser session seem ok.

I am not sure what it's doing when it has these problems ... I will see if I can identify this if it happens again. Admittedly my little laptop may be a tad overloaded, but I've never noticed it like this before.

I use IE8 and tonight clicking on 'New threads', Forum or trying to access some Forum pages just loads header and white blank screen. Problem is intermittent, not had this before.

I use IE8 and tonight clicking on 'New threads', Forum or trying to access some Forum pages just loads header and white blank screen. Problem is intermittent, not had this before.

me too.
culprit is the advert for "lightspeed".
the page loads the advert, then a blank page beneath.

Attachments

• light-001.jpg
    light-001.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 235
me too, same probem as trendie. refresh the page a couple of times and it loads eventually

You're right, it is lightspeed. What a blithering nuisance. Never heard of them before but I will be blithering sure to remember their name now - not for the reasons they hoped when they placed the ad either. Can't they blither off?

Yep - Just happened to me again....that blasted Lightspeed (good name eh?).

It's unacceptable that the function of the forum is compromised by adverts.

It's a bit disappointing that no-one on the staff has responded to the feedback.

Yep - Just happened to me again....that blasted Lightspeed (good name eh?).

It's unacceptable that the function of the forum is compromised by adverts.

It's a bit disappointing that no-one on the staff has responded to the feedback.

mmt2w,

try PMing a mod, to see if they can escalate this prob.

I believe the techie is Eamonn, but he may not always be on T2W monitoring.

Thanks beachtrader for emailing me direct since I hadn't spotted this thread before now. I've paused that banner now, so problem should be fixed for now, we'll also find out what's causing it to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I've paused this banner whilst we figure out the problem.

If anyone should notice any advertising issues the quickest way to get it dealt with is by emailing advertising (at) trade2win.com. We do obviously check the site on a reasonably regular basis to make sure everything is OK, but sometimes things get missed - as they have done here.

Apologies for any problems it's caused.

Matt

OK there has now been a new version of the banner implemented using a different type of code which I believe has fixed the problem.

If you should happen to notice it happening again then please email advertising @ trade2win.com and I can deal with it straight away during office hours.

Matt

Incidentally this can take 30-45 mins to update - so in that time you may still see the old banner. Sorry - blame Google :(

now working correctly.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-02-04 at 12.49.50.JPG
    Screen shot 2010-02-04 at 12.49.50.JPG
    268.9 KB · Views: 167