Other fx systems

At the moment just our FNT one my usual settings and also a trial of the amazing EA on a EU straddle trade on the daily charts as a live experiment since June @ 10p pip.

I was using the beta Affx EA until July but then got pulled for the beta trail as I did not have enough time to provide proper feedback.

I have the one minute daily system which has an EA with it but have not yet installed it. I did try it manually live in May and June but it got noewhere.

Considering Million Dollar Pips EA but an keen to see how Surferking gets on with it on the live account he is trialing. MDP lloks great on demo accounts but from what i've read performs worse on live accounts due to slippage, delayed entries etc. So will see what Marcus reports back for a few months.

I read a rumour that MDP had had it's EA decompiled and a counter EA written so the market effectively is often trading against it making it lose live. Not sure if this is true or just chinese whispers. Apparently any succesful EA that makes money and gains mass appeal is reverse engineered so that a counter EA can trade against it taking the opposite side.

I doubt that would happen to us as only maybe 200 people tops actually trading our EA.

M

Yeah I've been looking at MDP too. It's one of the cheaper EAs at $99 but like you I'm concerned just how effective it will be once slippage etc is taken into account. Plus SmartLive (now GKFX) aren't exactly the most reliable brokers out there, so if anyone wants to spreadbet in the UK using MDP, it might not perform as well as it should.

That said, MDP does seem to consistently perform well, could be worth sticking on a demo account for a while.

Talking of commercial EAs, I've been trading the Wall Street EA for quite a few months now, and the results are pretty good. I'm getting 10% to 20% per month, and haven't had a losing month yet. Of course performance over such a small period of time is meaningless, but it seems to be working pretty well even in the current volatile market conditions.

You can check out a link to the "official" live trading results on FX book here if you're interested:

WallStreet Forex Robot REAL System | Myfxbook

I haven't been using the EA long enough to recommend it yet, but it's certainly looking interesting so far. I've also had good success running it on "unofficial" pairs, such as AUS/USD.

I got this in my mailbox today for anyone that is interested in what IG have to say!

---------
We are delighted to invite you to our free-of-charge seminar on Understanding the Forex Markets at Southampton on Thursday, 10 November.

These seminars are open to anyone, and are ideal for people who are new to spread betting or looking to develop their skills. They provide a comprehensive overview of spread betting, focusing on foreign exchange (forex) and the technical analysis techniques for dealing this fascinating market.

The Agenda
During the course of the seminar, you'll cover:

An overview of how spread betting works

Forex - an introduction

Factors that influence the forex market

Common dealing pitfalls

Chart techniques and technical analysis strategies

Identifying potential opportunities

How to manage risk.

The Speaker

David Jones, our Chief Market Strategist, has worked in financial markets for over fifteen years, and has been involved in creating and running a wide range of educational programmes for private and institutional investors.

The Details
Date: 10 November 2011
Time: 6.30pm for a 7.00pm start
Address: Southampton Solent University
Sir James Matthews Building
157-187 Above Bar
Southampton
SO14 7NN

Southampton University is situated in the centre of town. To plan your journey, please visit the directions page and the campus map. On arrival, you'll be welcomed with a selection of tea and coffee before the seminar begins at 7.00pm.

Understanding the Forex Markets
--------

Maybe they are trying to get the students to part with their grants!!:innocent:

-S

Has anyone seen the Forex Roundup email from Agora offering a 50% discount on Newsnight Trader? Is anyone still trading it, it looks like it might be a break-even system so far?

Has anyone seen the Forex Roundup email from Agora offering a 50% discount on Newsnight Trader? Is anyone still trading it, it looks like it might be a break-even system so far?

PM Surferking, he set a T2W private forum for it and still trades it but with plenty of + D I beleive.

M

That said, MDP does seem to consistently perform well, could be worth sticking on a demo account for a while.

Pointless doing this on a demo account as you never get slippage on a demo account. My advice is to speak to Paul at SLM and ask to open a second live SLM account saying you want to trial so statgegies seperate from you existing account.

Use a different email and same other details and then bung £500 in it a trial MDP live @ 10p pip.

If it goes badly you may lose a few hundred quid, it it works treat it as a seperate account project for MDP and compound it weekly.

It it does work long term it could be up to £1 pip sooner than you think!

I'm going to do this with my second account once I get feedback from Surferking on how his live trial is going in the November pub meet if I can make it.

It it does work on SLM live I will try it @ 10p pip from Jan 2012.

Pointless doing this on a demo account as you never get slippage on a demo account. My advice is to speak to Paul at SLM and ask to open a second live SLM account saying you want to trial so statgegies seperate from you existing account.

Use a different email and same other details and then bung £500 in it a trial MDP live @ 10p pip.

If it goes badly you may lose a few hundred quid, it it works treat it as a seperate account project for MDP and compound it weekly.

It it does work long term it could be up to £1 pip sooner than you think!

I'm going to do this with my second account once I get feedback from Surferking on how his live trial is going in the November pub meet if I can make it.

It it does work on SLM live I will try it @ 10p pip from Jan 2012.

OK, will be interesting to hear from you and Marcus about how that goes. For the time being I'm pretty pleased with WallStreet robot, got over 400 pips with that last month (on a live account).

AutofocusFx EA is ready to launch! Would be one of the best EAs available now, take a look if you are interested.
AM

Have any of you who purchased FMT seen the email from Mark Fric about his new EA builder, Genetic Builder?

Looks like he's created a bit of a monster, the sort of thing you could spend hours and hours experimenting with.

Hard to know how effective it is without having a go, but I'd be interested in your thoughts - especially from SpinDrift and SurferKing and others who have built EAs before.

Not cheap though, even with the $300 discount during November!

Check it out here:

Genetic Builder

I saw this too and must admit I was vaguely tempted if only for the rapid prototyping of code. But the price is too high I think.

Have any of you who purchased FMT seen the email from Mark Fric about his new EA builder, Genetic Builder?

Looks like he's created a bit of a monster, the sort of thing you could spend hours and hours experimenting with.

Hard to know how effective it is without having a go, but I'd be interested in your thoughts - especially from SpinDrift and SurferKing and others who have built EAs before.

Not cheap though, even with the $300 discount during November!

Check it out here:

Genetic Builder

Good spot. Strange, I should be on his mailing list but didn't get that email.

I might stick it on the company credit card and give it a go. To be honest as a company we pay many, many thousands for developers to create less code than that, so £400 is probably about right considering all the work that will have gone into it. I have no problem with people getting paid for work like this that save me time and the effort of doing some things myself.

If all the additional features that Greg has put into the FNT EA could be added, like partial exits and news filtering, then the money would be a good investment. Given what they have done for version 1, I think all the feature requests and ideas that we all throw at Greg could be sent to them to help them build a very powerful tool.

Of course there's no substitution for knowing how to hand-code to properly de-bug and optimise code but as a rapid strategy development tool this is very interesting. Time is money remember and if this saved me 10 hours of coding and testing it would pay for itself.

If you came up with a decent strategy you wanted features added to later it would probably be be possible to add those features with 'includes' anyway since it generates the .mql. I might ask them to send me a sample EA .mql file to see the quality of what it generates.

Only thing to be careful of now is that people can use it to create and punt over optimised strategies and show them with nice pretty back-test equity curves and punt them out to unsuspecting traders so I can see this helping to proliferate that section of the industry.

great site guys, i've just spent this afternoon reading it!

Marcus, how's your Kangaroo EA going?

Hopping along fine, I run at 1% risk and it's overall paid for itself and up since starting even with the couple of stops that were hit.

I'm sure I can do better with my own work but it's finding the time, same old story.

Hi anyone heard of or had experiences of darkstarforex and the book Order Flow Trading for Fun and Profit (linked) just curious

Got this email yesterday from Richard Hill via Forex Round-up:

I've been busy...

In fact, I've been testing this now for more than eight months – I started in March this year.

Since then, if you'd had been doing this too, you'd have already racked up a tax-free £2,594.

And that's with just £1 trading.

With £5 trading, you'd be up over £12,000!

It all started when I did something I've been meaning to do for a long time...

I asked what YOU want from a forex trading strategy.

I've been talking to readers all this year about their own forex experiences, about how they trade and about what they want from a forex trading strategy.

I listened. And I set to work.

I've been tweaking and testing all year, but I believe I've finally struck on a strategy that will be perfect for you.

You can trade it whenever you want.

You can trade it wherever you want.

And you can trade it at any level you want.

I really am very excited about how this could work for you and can't wait to tell you all about it this coming week.

I'm finishing off the guide this weekend so that you can definitely have this before Christmas. It could make a real difference.

So, make sure you keep an eye out for an email from me on Monday.

Assuming he's been trading it for 9 full months since beginning March this year, his claimed results would've provided an average of 288 pips per month.

That's pretty good going, especially in these market conditions.

So it will be interesting to see what he's come up with. Unfortunately Net Trap and News Night Trader haven't set a great precedent...

Got this email yesterday from Richard Hill via Forex Round-up:

I've been busy...

In fact, I've been testing this now for more than eight months – I started in March this year.

Since then, if you'd had been doing this too, you'd have already racked up a tax-free £2,594.

And that's with just £1 trading.

With £5 trading, you'd be up over £12,000!

It all started when I did something I've been meaning to do for a long time...

I asked what YOU want from a forex trading strategy.

I've been talking to readers all this year about their own forex experiences, about how they trade and about what they want from a forex trading strategy.

I listened. And I set to work.

I've been tweaking and testing all year, but I believe I've finally struck on a strategy that will be perfect for you.

You can trade it whenever you want.

You can trade it wherever you want.

And you can trade it at any level you want.

I really am very excited about how this could work for you and can't wait to tell you all about it this coming week.

I'm finishing off the guide this weekend so that you can definitely have this before Christmas. It could make a real difference.

So, make sure you keep an eye out for an email from me on Monday.

Assuming he's been trading it for 9 full months since beginning March this year, his claimed results would've provided an average of 288 pips per month.

That's pretty good going, especially in these market conditions.

So it will be interesting to see what he's come up with. Unfortunately Net Trap and News Night Trader haven't set a great precedent...

Another 'curve fitted' product based upon a year or so's backtested data perhaps? :rolleyes:

Proceed with caution.......