Opposite Trade Of Day Trader

ok new trader u got me there, that would be a sign of incompetance

So basically you're suggesting squeezing Mr. X?

Problem is if Mr. X can't take a postion overnight he is presumably not worth squeezing ;)

My point is not the worth of Mr. X but the psychology of Mr. X which can may lead us to profit. And Mr. X will definitely take a new position next day and will continue to do so.

The flipper was (and still is) good at this. I wouldn't fancy going up against him though.

Anyway bonus, it sounds like you are suggesting going short at the end of the day when the market has been going up and long at the end of the day when the market has been going down because all the day traders who have been on this move will liquidate their postions before the close. Right?

You are attempting to take me that all long position and all short postions ends in profit. if that would be the case all of us would have the net worth of Mr. Buffet. Right ?

You are attempting to take me that all long position and all short postions ends in profit. if that would be the case all of us would have the net worth of Mr. Buffet. Right ?

I did not mean to sound insulting in my post. I was just asking the question because I don't entirely understand how you intend to take an opposite position of a day trader, especially since there will be day traders with opposite positions to each other as well.

Could you shed some light by suggesting a practical example?

Or do you mean the squeezing and flipping methods that have been suggested above. If so, then you need deep pockets, big balls and a superhuman understanding of the order book.

Last edited:
.....ok so for example since 7.00 am this morning the bund future has traded 497,000 lots. if mr x is in the market for whatever size he is not on his lonesome. The open interest in the contract is 1,227,144 lots as at close last night, all that open interest may cause you a slight problem and get between you and mr.x...