One Trade a Week

I decided to exit this as Palladium is at a short term support level and gold looks like it's going to bounce here. So want to get a win on the board after being down the last few weeks.

My exit time on the thread was 11.28am. So here's the closing trade:

Closing Trade

Palladium (June Contract)
Direction: Short
Entry: 733
Exit: 701.92

Percentage Gain: 4.43%

ATR Adjusted Percentage Gain: 1.91%

Trade Grade: A-

As I said previously, my longer term view is that this is going much lower yet so have moved my stop to break even in my real account and will let it run to see what I get.

Attachments

• Picture 49.png
    Picture 49.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Picture 50.png
    Picture 50.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 118
Isa, I sold my real holding early today for a modest profit. Interesting to see where commodities etc go from here. Hanging on to CW. for the moment in the hope of some positive news..

Isa, I sold my real holding early today for a modest profit. Interesting to see where commodities etc go from here. Hanging on to CW. for the moment in the hope of some positive news..

Sods law it'll probably go up now. But who knows. One thing I think that is certain is more volatility in the commodities for a while.

Positions Update

Hi everyone. Attached is the positions update for today so far.

Attachments

• Trades_microscope_12-5-11.png
    Trades_microscope_12-5-11.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Trades_spreadsheet_12-5-11.png
    Trades_spreadsheet_12-5-11.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Inflation data tomorrow in the US. That could put a fire under the US$ if that is better than expected so trading light tomorrow till that is out.

Oil is really volatile at the moment - traded it down to the daily 200 at 95 and up to 100 so a great day. This is what oil was like back in the good old days of 06/08.

Mike

Exit AUDUSD short.

1.0664 on my platform.

Thanks tradeAweek. I have 1.0665 on ADVFN for the 12.19am close, but it went well above you entry target so happy to use your price as it's so close. So here's you closing trade details:

Closing Trade

AUDUSD (FX:AUDUSD)
Entry: 1.0820
Exit: 1.0664

Points Gain: 156

ATR Adjusted Percentage Gain: 1.65%

Well done tradeAweek a really good first trade in the group. Keep it up (y)

Thanks Canto. Your exit time was 4.22pm so the closing price for CW.L was 53. Here's the closing trade details:

Closing Trade

Cable and Wireless (LSE:CW.)
Direction: Long
Entry: 49.48
Exit: 53

Percentage Gain: 7.11%

ATR Adjusted Percentage Gain: 1.56%

Well done Canto, a really good trade (y)

Hi Wig, the UK market is closed for the week so your Derwent London short has been exited at the close price of 1750. Here's your closing trade details:

Closing Trade

Derwent London (LSE DLN)
Direction: Long
Entry: 1722
Exit: 1750

Percentage Loss: -1.60%

ATR Adjusted Percentage Loss: -0.83%

Trade Grade: E

Unlucky on this one wig. It just didn't want to go down this week.

Last edited:
Hi CityTrader90, your USDCAD short has just stopped out at 0.9720, so here's the closing trade details:

Closing Trade

USDCAD (FX:USDCAD)
Entry: 0.9664
Exit: 0.9720

Points Loss: 56

ATR Adjusted Percentage Loss: -0.81%

Trade Grade: E

This ones been on a tear today. Ok, so that's everyones positions closed now for the week so I'll do the results later (y)

NYSE Bullish Percent Index

I thought I'd share this again as it's my favourite gauge of risk in the market. The NYSE Bullish Percent Index has reversed to Os at the key 70 level indicating a more defensive strategy for your long term positions.

Attachments

• SharpChartv05-2.png
    SharpChartv05-2.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 115
Week 15 Results

Wow, what a week it's been. Some great trades this week and the best overall group performance since we started. I personally had my best weeks trading for years shorting gold a few times and palladium as well. It could have been better as well as a few people had trades over 2% ATR adjusted at certain points of the week but let them ride a little too long.

Congratulations to Mike (TradeTheEasyWay) for a massive 3.55% ATR adjusted gain in Silver early in the week, which is the best trade anyone's done so far. :smart:

Below is this weeks results. I'll post the Q2 results in a separate post.

Name______ATR Adjusted Percentage
TradeTheEasyWay____3.55%
isatrader___________1.91%
tradeAweek_________1.65%
Canto1922_________1.56%
SlipperyC__________0.99%
Pat494____________0.77%
CityTrader90_______-0.81%
wigtrade__________-0.83%

Attached is the results spreadsheet

Attachments

• Trades_results_13-5-11.png
    Trades_results_13-5-11.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 119
Q2 League Table

Name_____ATR Adjusted Percentage
dmt257___________3.00%
Pat494____________2.60%
tradeAweek________1.65%
SlipperyC__________1.52%
TradeTheEasyWay___0.68%
Canto1922_________0.51%
isatrader__________0.45%
CityTrader90_______0.03%
A_fr_____________-0.04%
wigtrade_________-3.20%

Name______Performance Points
Pat494_____________3
dmt257____________2
TradeTheEasyWay____1

Above is the current league table and performance points for Q2 so far, but the table doesn't tell the whole story as some members haven't traded every week. Pat is the most consistent performer so far this quarter trading every week and has put in 5 wins and only 1 losing week, and 3 of those weeks were the winning weekly performance. So well done Pat, it's great work. (y)

Well done to everyone else though as well. Keep it up

Attachments

• Weekly_percentages_13-5-11.png
    Weekly_percentages_13-5-11.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 117
A blow-off top in gold is possible before the end of summer. As a swing trader I see opportunity to trade one more swing up in this bull market.

Attachments

• Gold_W1.png
    Gold_W1.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 119
Thanks again for all the work in creating the charts and stats isa.

Tricky one this week for the DAX.

S&P, DAX etc seem to be testing support severely. Part of me says that with overall negative sentiment the support is gonna give way.

But, for better or worse I'm going with the support of the Fed/Uncle Bernanke and my trade will be;

LIMIT DAX LONG
Entry; 7350
Stop; 7245
Target; 7600

Damn my last trade was looking pretty solid for a while and then it just disappeared! :D

I'll have my pick up soon for next week. Happy trading e1.

Edit - I should have managed my trade better though and moved my S/L but oh well!

Last edited:
market
Shanks Gp PLC
Short
SL 125
TP 113

Attachments

• Shanks.png
    Shanks.png
    35 KB · Views: 136