One Trade a Week

tradeAweek your stop loss at 58 has been hit on QQQ. Here's the closing trade details:

Closing Trade

Powershares Qqq Trust (NASDAQ:QQQ)
Direction: Long
Entry: 58.16
Exit: 58

Percentage loss: -0.28%

ATR Adjusted Percentage loss: -0.22%

Trade Grade: D

Only a small loss on this one tradeAweek.

Looks like this ones a gonna Slip. Here's the closing trade details:

Closing Trade

Dax Index (DBI DAX)
Direction: Long
Entry: 7350
Exit: 7355

Percentage Gain: 0.07%

ATR Adjusted Percentage Gain: 0.05%

Trade Grade: C-

Thanks isa.

Had a feeling I should have exited at 7400 area.

Just glad to get out without a loss, this trade didn't feel right. Nas & S&P down a bit so may have a down week!

We'll see if I was way too cautious ... or not!!

I hope your right as I'm heavily short this week with the VIX, Palladium and I'm giving Mikes GBPJPY short a whirl, although I didn't get the entry point I planned for on that as I manually entered instead of being patient and letting it reach my limit. So we'll see if I'm right to be or not although today's price action was certainly a step in that direction.

I'll take the small loss. I still believe we will probably close the week higher on the indices and lower on the dollar.

It's certainly a possibility looking at the charts. The S&P 500 is still above the 50 EMA and the rising trend line so I maybe premature going short as it could easily bounce here as well.

Morning Mike, the Yen has weakened across the board over night and the stop loss on your GBPJPY short at 132.8 has been hit. Here's the closing trade:

Closing Trade

GBPJPY (FX:GBPJPY)
Direction: Short
Entry: 130.90
Exit: 132.80

Points loss: 190

ATR Adjusted Percentage loss: -1.49%

Trade Grade: F

Unlucky Mike, it is a big move in this today. Possible short covering maybe?

Positions Update

Attached is the positions update for today. Four trades still open and are highlighted in red.

Attachments

• Trades_spreadsheet_17-5-11.png
    Trades_spreadsheet_17-5-11.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 124
Nice bounce in risk assets today. Expecting a descent correction in Dollar before going long.

I'm still on the other side personally. Lots of buy orders around the 50 day MA so I expected a bounce today. But still think this market is going lower very soon as we are going to close below the 2 year trend line today. I think a test of 1300 looks likely.

Attachments

• Picture 22.png
    Picture 22.png
    106 KB · Views: 128
Positions Update

Hi everyone. Attached is the positions update for today.

Attachments

• Trades_spreadsheet_18-5-11.png
    Trades_spreadsheet_18-5-11.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 128
Positions Update

Hi everyone, here's the positions update for today. Everyone's in negative territory currently that are still open so SlipperyC still leads this week.

Attachments

• Picture 36.png
    Picture 36.png
    16 KB · Views: 125
Go me! Winning on 0.05%!! :eek:

What a crazy week! Don't you just love the volatility!! (y)

I'm not loving the volatility. Am getting whipsawed a bit this week. I was too eager to get into my position this week. I need to exercise more patience.

I'm not loving the volatility. Am getting whipsawed a bit this week. I was too eager to get into my position this week. I need to exercise more patience.
patiencepatiencepatiencepatiencepatiencepatiencepatiencepatiencepatiencepatience

and more

patiencepatiencepatiencepatiencepatiencepatiencepatiencepatiencepatiencepatience