okay, lets have the party started! what's the best affordable software?

counter_violent said:
I hopes so very much's isnts its .....trader you say ...learn quicklys you say .....i'ds kill any ideas yous haves abouts tradings stones deads befores yous starts ...franklies

please beware I'm very new trader (only few days in the market) so do not make judgments from the first impression and do not underestimate my abilities..

commented on the "yaws" as dono yet who is who here and been to "kindergarten" already

please beware I'm very new trader (only few days in the market) so do not make judgments from the first impression and do not underestimate my abilities..

Judging by the above comments, I would say that people have made their judgments already.

First impressions are important.

One of the most important personal attributes a trader should have is humility before the market so before you do trade live, I would advise you to take a hard look at yourself and your personal attitude, because for sure, after you lose all your money you will be taking a hard look at yourself and by then it will be too late.

Do you know exactly what you want to trade, which markets, etc etc. ?

If you want to be a US Pattern Day Trader you need to deposit and maintain a minimum balance of
US$ 25,000 in your account.

If you want to start with a small amount, as you have indicated, then spreadbetting might be the way to go for you.

But whatever you do, please do not have the arrogance to assume that you are going to win from day 1.

It's not quite that easy.

shedevilx777 said:

commented on the "yaws" as dono yet who is who here and been to "kindergarten" already

shedevilx777,

I am very confused by what you say. How can you judge your abilities if you have never made a trade? In another thread you asserted that you are able to control your emotions. None of this has been put to the test yet....

And I absolutely agree with yacarob1, arrogance and overconfidence are the quickest and surest route to bankruptcy. To think that you would consider borrowing to invest... :-0

Last edited:
Yes, if you treat the market with anything less than utmost respect you will get a whipping..big time.

Been there !!

QUOTE=shedevilx777]i'm looking for a cheap reliable software where i can buy and sell stocks at the real time, and do profit / lose calculations and automatically buy and sell at the level i decide,

i don't need to read news tru this software, as there is many other sources, don't want expensive software, as i better spend it on my trading account[/QUOTE]

That'll be your brain then? multi tasking n all, sure thats the best software you can have n its freeeee :) women have a natural built in bias to boot on the multi taskings? apparently ?

yacarob1 said:
Yes, if you treat the market with anything less than utmost respect you will get a whipping..big time.

Been there !!

Ditto that on yourself too? treat yourself with anything less than utmost respect you may be setting yourself up for the whipping you think (or dont ) you deserve? Give yourself some big lovin everyday.

Occassional benders ,permiited , of course. :p

shedevilx777 said:

nothing traded as I understand it...

Certainly I can assume from my first impressions that you have no trading abilities.... how do I arrive at this conclusion...simple....you do not understand that you do not understand...and any abilities that you bring from other fields count for little or nought in trading.....

Nobody here is having a go just for the fun of it....most I suspect are trying to get a message across....don't come into trading with the attitude that you can impose your will on the markets.....the reality is, you will blow up very quickly or bleed from a thousand cuts.

Choice is yours....C V

counter_violent said:
..don't come into trading with the attitude that you can impose your will on the markets.....the reality is, you will blow up very quickly or bleed from a thousand cuts.

Choice is yours....C V

excuse me, but don't tell me what to do, Internet is "free community" and i come wherever i like, and your job is to look after your own ar$e, thanks!

fin!

shedevilx777 said:
excuse me, but don't tell me what to do, Internet is "free community" and i come wherever i like, and your job is to look after your own ar$e, thanks!

fin!

Oh dear, now I know for sure....failure written all over it ....ah well ...another one bites the dust ...ta ta

counter_violent said:
Oh dear, now I know for sure....failure written all over it ....ah well ...another one bites the dust ...ta ta

glad you know now what you wanted to know, my view is different, and dont forget the rule your brain it's what produces your vision..

i don't need this dodgy/smiling attitude to trade in the markets fortunately, if i would want that i would rather go to these "get rich quick courses"

i dont know who you are and and you dont know who i am, so why do you think of your self as of "much better person" than myself..?

now i know that is much better not to listen anybody, even ib (which was highly recommended here) does not qualify my expectations (as per crap customer support), I'm researching my self

good bye!

Anyone else care to explain?
I do need sleep sometimes !

Lets imagine...trading ability / success....were all starting out...we have the enthusiasm...we have intelligence...we have ability......already we assume because of this, that we are more than 50% the way up the ladder... because we assume that our above average everything is going to stand us well for trading....over the coming days / weeks/ yrs ....it dawns on us that we are not even close to being a B E trader....let alone successful.....

counter_violent said:
Anyone else care to explain?
I do need sleep sometimes !

Lets imagine...trading ability / success....were all starting out...we have the enthusiasm...we have intelligence...we have ability......already we assume because of this, that we are more than 50% the way up the ladder... because we assume that our above average everything is going to stand us well for trading....over the coming days / weeks/ yrs ....it dawns on us that we are not even close to being a B E trader....let alone successful.....

....and then we loosing all the money , getting in to debts, wife's leaving us, we are all lonely and bored , becoming desperate life pessimists..and all we can do now is to sit here all nite and burg on some newbie in the forums ..

do not judge for yourself!

shedevilx777 said:
....and then we loosing all the money , getting in to debts, wife's leaving us, we are all lonely and bored , becoming desperate life pessimists..and all we can do now is to sit here all nite and burg on some newbie in the forums ..

:LOL: :rolleyes: :LOL:

some people cannot be helped .......socco is right..... good night all :LOL:

I have accounts with multiple brokers, include ib, and am not very impressed with any of their support departments.

Leaving personalities out of it, the only thing important about a broker, is their POLICIES.
i.e. how do they as a company interpret the regulations?

Do they offer 2-1 margin, overnight buying power, or do they give you a margin call if you exceed the amount of cash in your account? Do they tie up your money for 3 days with every buy/sell combination, regardless of your account balance (even though you have a margin account).

I am amazed at the different policies between each broker.

E

shedevilx777 said:

"The most common cause of low prices is pessimism-some times pervasive, some times specific to a company or industry. We want to do business in such an environment, not because we like pessimism but because we like the prices it produces. It's optimism that is the enemy of the rational buyer."

-Warren Buffett

glad you know now what you wanted to know, my view is different, and dont forget the rule your brain it's what produces your vision..

i don't need this dodgy/smiling attitude to trade in the markets fortunately, if i would want that i would rather go to these "get rich quick courses"

i dont know who you are and and you dont know who i am, so why do you think of your self as of "much better person" than myself..?

now i know that is much better not to listen anybody, even ib (which was highly recommended here) does not qualify my expectations (as per crap customer support), I'm researching my self

good bye!

Goodbye She-Devil.....never was there a more apt user name.

Nice to have met you.

One last piece of advice if I may............

Do not carry your intrinsic anger into the market environment , because unlike the people on this thread, the market participants will show no mercy and you will end up getting slaughtered and LOOSING all your money.

Just love that word LOOSING.

What does it mean ?

Take care honey.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :cheesy: