Oil

The US & UK crusades in the middle east are to obtain the rights by theft of mineral resources because in these areas the cost of extraction is significantly cheaper, the same can't be said for the tar in Canada.

The UK needs to bin this idea of being a 'world force', we should have an army and the interference levels of the likes of Norway, Denmark or Sweden. Unfortunately we're tied into the USA's industrial military complex which is why Cameron and John Major are out in the M.E. flogging death to surpressed regions that the CIA and MI6 make unstable.

Here Here ..... Cool Britania not Rule Britannia:clap:

Britain should abandon any notion or pretence of being a world player but should instead continue the policies of self flagellation so masterfully adopted by Blair and his liberal cohorts .... both for past real & imagined transgressions

Here Here ..... Cool Britania not Rule Britannia:clap:

Britain should abandon any notion or pretence of being a world player but should instead continue the policies of self flagellation so masterfully adopted by Blair and his liberal cohorts .... both for past real & imagined transgressions

Good post. (y)

I have hope that this coalition government will reopen the strategic review, in light of developments in the Middle East. They've shown they're willing to backtrack in the past, so maybe they will again.

I'm not even referring to the UK having delusions of world power. I'm talking about the lunacy of depleting our armed services, in order to give more money to foreign countries. Depleting our armed services, so that the entire North of England can continue to gorge itself on welfare/subsidies/government pay. Depleting our armed services in order to pay an ever increasing amount of money into the (unaudited) black hole that is the EU.

As Simon Heffer argues in the Telegraph, the UK has now abandoned any pretence at being a serious country. We seem determined to, well, I don't know.. it's as though we want to give up and collapse into the arms of a Euro superstate, with all that that entails.

Final word - Nick Clegg.. the man is an ****, and has a face like an ****. He's competing in the embarrassing stakes with Vince Cable.. amazing..

I have hope that this coalition government will reopen the strategic review, in light of developments in the Middle East. They've shown they're willing to backtrack in the past, so maybe they will again.

I'm not even referring to the UK having delusions of world power. I'm talking about the lunacy of depleting our armed services, in order to give more money to foreign countries. Depleting our armed services, so that the entire North of England can continue to gorge itself on welfare/subsidies/government pay. Depleting our armed services in order to pay an ever increasing amount of money into the (unaudited) black hole that is the EU.

As Simon Heffer argues in the Telegraph, the UK has now abandoned any pretence at being a serious country. We seem determined to, well, I don't know.. it's as though we want to give up and collapse into the arms of a Euro superstate, with all that that entails.

Final word - Nick Clegg.. the man is an ****, and has a face like an ****. He's competing in the embarrassing stakes with Vince Cable.. amazing..

I can't rep this (given out too much apparently) but another great post. (y)