Oil

Wanna bet? ;) In any event a 0.25% rise in rates aint gonna hit that market (medium/long term).

The clamour for rate rises is from vested interests wanting more transfer of wealth, it has nothing to do with calming down markets, cooling consumer spending, or wage inflation which is in fact deflationary (wage deflation has been here for 5 years and as such is similar to the 1920's/30's).

The UK natives could cope with higher inflation, and the inflation is imported, so unless there is a tri party agreement with the US and the EU to raise rates (significantly) then 'our' fuel inflation, basic food-stuff inflation and raw material inflation will not arrest with a raising of interest rates. Crop failure must also be removed from speculation, and crop use in the US for Ethanol (cheap fuel) likewise distorts markets indepedently of speculation..

Only 3 out of 9 voted for rate rises..The Jury is still well out on this one. imho a rate rise wouldn't happen in the 3rd quarter+..

:LOL: You actually took his comment seriously & went to the trouble of that reply.

This is not about interest rate , if the ME stabilized then i think we will c lower prices 80s $ , but if the unrest spreaded to Saudia 200 $ is a cheap price ...

:LOL: You actually took his comment seriously & went to the trouble of that reply.

:) made me smile as well !

Cost-push inflation != demand-pull inflation

But why does King care, his pension is safe from inflation, and with a pot of £6mio+, he's looking forward to retirement I'm sure.

Depends how much of the costs manufacturers absorb. It's going to make things very difficult for policy makers.

Wow, I got more of a response from this than I thought I would!
Too bad not every one said it was going to shoot through the roof.
If they had I would have know for sure that the market was going lower. :LOL:
Keep in mind this is a long term monthly chart.

Wow, I got more of a response from this than I thought I would!Too bad not every one said it was going to shoot through the roof.
If they had I would have know for sure that the market was going lower. :LOL:
Keep in mind this is a long term monthly chart.

Why? Good topic, therefore good contributions...;)

Disagree with this. There's a glut of oil in the US, hence the massive spread between WTI and Brent. There is no shortage of oil in the tar sands in Canada.. if oil stays at these levels, it becomes worthwhile extracting more.

Now, the difficulty is in getting the oil from the US to here.. watch out for the pirates. If we hadn't decommissioned our Navy, we could go out and shoot the f***ers, although that's probably an infringement of their human rights.

I'm getting f***ing sick of this country's attitude now. The world's going to hell, we're drowning in debt, and what do we do? Sell off our fighters and aircraft carriers, and increase the money we give to foreign dictators, sorry, I mean foreign aid.

HMS Cumberland won't dock in Libya because it's "not safe".. what the f---ing f--- ????!??!?!???

GREAT post. You rock, dude. (y)

Oh well, let's give it a little longer then.

;) I'm suggesting that $100 a barrel will become a medium term (5 years) 'support' level...long term (ten years) $150 a barrel..It ain't never coming back to 30-40 a barrel imho...

;) I'm suggesting that $100 a barrel will become a medium term (5 years) 'support' level...long term (ten years) $150 a barrel..It ain't never coming back to 30-40 a barrel imho...

I bet you a dollar that your wrong!;)

Wow...I seriously hope not. With the way the Canadian dollar is so strong against the u.s. Dollar and being all because of oil prices, I seriously hope it comes down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a nice spike up on the Libya cr@p. I see oil dipping back into the high $80's before returning to a more longer term stay over $100.

I'll set my $97 canned ea to "BUY BUY BUY" in the $80's :D

Peter