ODL; any good

trendie

Legendary member
I use CMC primarily.
But, because they shut down overnight, I cant trust their prices or trade effectively after 9pm and before 7am.

I use GFT Forex for overnight trades.

However, I have come across ODL markets.
They seem ideal. MT-4 charting, UK-based (funds safer?), genuine 24-hour trading, acceptable spreads, SB.

Will be reviewing their background as a company over the weekend, but would like some input from others who use them, or not, and reasons.

Hi trendie,
I opened a 'play' account with them yesterday - just to try out new ideas and take the occasional punt. I chose them for no other reason than their £200 offer against any loss incurred in the first 6 weeks. I received a very swift call from an account rep' who was very friendly and courteous. Out of curiosity, I mentioned the plight of the T2W member who lost £30k with CMC who - he alleges - did not allow him sufficient time to respond to a margin call and, indeed, didn't answer the phone when he tried to call them. Trevor - the odl account rep' - said that odl would have held the position open at least until they had been in direct contact with him and advised him of the seriousness of the situation. He offered me his direct line No. and said that he should be my first port of call if I ever have any issues with the my account or the odl platform. All in all, I was quite impressed, although the same can not be said of their U.S. equity spreads - which are huge. But, if I'm honest, I am comparing them to I.B.'s which is a tad unfair of me!
:cheesy:
Tim.