Forex Spreadbetting companies?

Scanjet

I've been using CMC but am not impressed with their business practices. ODL and IG Index are next on my list of companies to try, but before I do I was wondering if anyone had an opinion, good or bad, on this pair. Their trading screens look user friendly, but are they any better than CMC from the trading viewpoint?
Alternatively, are their any others around who are recommended?

I switched from CMC to IG a while back and have been very impressed. However, IG close their daily spot prices at 20:00 UK time and their spreads for Forex futures are very much higher.

You need to check the spreads for whatever you trade if you hold over night since you can roll over spot prices with CMC virtually for free. I only trade gold long-term and the spread is standard there.

IG beat CMC easily when it comes to manually closing trades - one click and you get the price you asked for, instantly - unlike CMC where you can wait for a whole minute and get 20 points worse! You must have a Standard Account with IG, not a Limited Risk Account otherwise the spreads are too high. I find they always honour the un-guaranteed stops even in a spiking market such as after a news release. They actually are very slow to action stops which is scary but they always do so at the correct price. If you are quick, you can pocket a few extra pips if it's gone past your limit!

Once you try IG you will never look back. Make sure you set up the account without the guaranteed stops that they will try to feed you and you're away

Many thanks £10k. Now, has anyone used ODL?

I have used ODL. The only problem is that if you use MetaTrader 4 you don’t have single click trades...(as 10k said)

Expert advisor is good if you have time to learn how to program it, but is not that difficult.

Also guarantee stops for large orders, I don’t believe they exist. Sometimes you get filled with slippage, sometimes you get worse price since large orders need to be accept by dealers, and sometimes the market gabs, and then you end up having a nice argument with a Trader LoL.

I've just left IG. Endless requotes once they recognise you as a consistently profitable trader (Not boasting here, just stating the facts)

Now with Futuresbetting and can't believe the difference. Absolutely instant execution, and I'm talking about less than one second, every time. If you can make £400 a week with IG, you'll do a grand with FB.

I'm a scalper and trade DAX, mini Dow, EURUSD and Cable. I just trade breakouts and sometimes use Stealth, which I've always found to nbe good.

Yes, sadly IG are taking longer recently and spreads have widened considerably on some instruments. Concerning...

That said, I've not got slippage more than 1 pip which is fine considering market tutmoil.

I wasn't really worried about IG's slippage or widening spreads. The prob was when a trade reversed into loss, from profit. Their system would churn away for ten to twenty seconds before announcing the price was no longer available and please to try again. I had to try sometimes three times before I could effect an exit. By this time I was often over £400 in loss.

I **** on IG's memory!!

Futuresbetting has by far and away the most superior platform/system. They're surely the only bookie worth going with.

I've just left IG. Endless requotes once they recognise you as a consistently profitable trader (Not boasting here, just stating the facts)

Now with Futuresbetting and can't believe the difference. Absolutely instant execution, and I'm talking about less than one second, every time. If you can make £400 a week with IG, you'll do a grand with FB.

I'm a scalper and trade DAX, mini Dow, EURUSD and Cable. I just trade breakouts and sometimes use Stealth, which I've always found to nbe good.

Futuresbetting : looks alright, they are using ladders as well like Trading Technologies (TT), should be good fun.!.!

I dont know about a grand though! i dont think that there is any company giving money for free, you know what I mean

There is only one SB worth using IMHO and that is Futuresbetting. Super quick, fab platform and great customer service. Just beware you are betting in the underline currencies. I.e. if you make money on the Dow it is dollars. But they will convert upon request.