Nottingham meet-up

Hi guys. I'm up for a meeting next saturday (as long as Jeremy promises not to stand up on the table and expose his shorts). And Tantalus promises to be most pleasant and congenial. Would be great to see new as well as established faces. Perhaps we could come up with a topic of conversation between now and next week. Either trading or non trading related. Just an idea. Hope you can make it chaps.

Dave.

...after thinking about what Jeremy said at the last meeting, I've had a go at scalping YM based on price action and s/r levels alone. We were talking about risk and profits and I contested that more risk will affect your mental composure and ultimately lead to losses. I did agree that we are in the business for max profits: but how to get them with min risk? Hence the return to my old foe, the e minis. If you can scalp in and out of relatively safe trades all day and you have a position size of around 4 contracts then I think It's possible to comfortably make $1000/ day. With futures you can do this, not with stocks (which I normally trade). Here is a screenshot of the basic charting I've used and I've coupled this with the Ninja Trader platform for volume data/ order flow and because it's a nice, fast and configureable order entry tool. I'll post my trades at the end of the week with my methodology. Orders will be placed at key levels and left to be either hit or missed. See how it goes.

Attachments

• SCALP.JPG
    SCALP.JPG
    333.8 KB · Views: 161
Hi all,

just came across this thread, I've been wondering for a while it would be great to find some local traders just to meetup and have a bit of a chin wag with. If anyone is up for a meetup do let me know.

I will only be interested in meeting up at a coffee shop instead of a pub.

Jer08,

I'd prefer a coffee shop a too, let me know if you'd like to meet up sometime.

Tahir.

Hi s&p
Great! I'll pm the chap in Ruddington, so there'll hopefully be at least 3 of us. Let's see if any others are interested before we organise a venue/time.

Dave(y)

Hi Dave

I would like to come along to your next meeting. Could you please advise where and when. Mike(y)

Due to popular demand I think it's time to ressurect the Nottingham meetup. One of you suggested a coffee shop, which means no alcohol, which is splendid for me as a have a weakness for the loon juice after a week of reclusive and stressful trading. It would be great to meet any folks who'd like to chat over a coffee and muffin. Please offer suitable venues (I'm thinking Nero's). Bob, Jeremy and Kevin, I hope you guys can make it too.

Due to popular demand I think it's time to ressurect the Nottingham meetup. One of you suggested a coffee shop, which means no alcohol, which is splendid for me as a have a weakness for the loon juice after a week of reclusive and stressful trading. It would be great to meet any folks who'd like to chat over a coffee and muffin. Please offer suitable venues (I'm thinking Nero's). Bob, Jeremy and Kevin, I hope you guys can make it too.

Hi

Coffee Sounds good to me!

Regards

Mike(y)

HI guys any active forex traders in Nottingham please contact me 07830 439410 my name is chris and looking for active and serious forex traders in notts

or skype: christopher.abu.aita