No brainer trade journal

I trade real money on the smallest possible scale for my provider - 10p per point for gold, 50p for fx, £1 for indexes. Not too worried with losses - annoying, but can afford them. Overall, I'm up anyway. Started in July '11.

I've managed to lose a decent amount of money at 50p/£1 per point in the past. Just because you're up overall doesn't mean you can throw it away or one day you won't be able to afford it. Did you win on that trade? I haven't checked so don't take that as me rubbing it in if you lost:LOL:

Anyway, how you getting on Majordutch? I always check daily charts although rarely take trades on them but haven't seen a thing for ages. Have you managed to keep discipline and stay out?

I've managed to lose a decent amount of money at 50p/£1 per point in the past. Just because you're up overall doesn't mean you can throw it away or one day you won't be able to afford it. Did you win on that trade? I haven't checked so don't take that as me rubbing it in if you lost:LOL:

Anyway, how you getting on Majordutch? I always check daily charts although rarely take trades on them but haven't seen a thing for ages. Have you managed to keep discipline and stay out?

goodthanks. no trades for me in the last week on the daily/weekly, nothing I like has shown up. I continue to try and learn to demo scalp 1min/5min charts, still not profitable at scalping.

I did not go for that trade in the end. I trade fx occasionally only, when someone much more experienced calls a trade. My most trades are on FTSE 100, but it's always 2 up, 1 down and I'm ending where I began...

market order sell WTI. 2 lots SL $100.00. 1st lot TP $95.00, @ $95.00 move stop to break even for 2nd lot with TP $90.00.

large outside bar right on the $100 round number. high prob trading.

Attachments

• WTI daily.png
    WTI daily.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
market order sell WTI. 2 lots SL $100.00. 1st lot TP $95.00, @ $95.00 move stop to break even for 2nd lot with TP $90.00.

large outside bar right on the $100 round number. high prob trading.

oh c0ck, got stopped out by 0.27c on my feed and now price is making a move with the trade. just have to take the loss on the chin. I am now thinking i should have put my stop behind the top of the bar, classic coulda, shoulda, woulda. I believe James16 himself would have put stop behind top of the bar and moved to break even when around +30 pips up. Also thinking it probably wasnt a great idea putting SL right on a RN as we often see these RN, pivots run over several times to clear out orders.

Spotted a couple pins around, what's your opinion on these Major?

Attachments

• DOW.jpg
    DOW.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 137
  • Silver.jpg
    Silver.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 135
Hi Mate
I like the pivot zone area on the DJ however I don’t like the size of the pin relative to the large previous bullish bar. Also I would have wanted to see price close below the previous candle close. Most importantly taking the trade would be right back into a big round number which is something I don’t like. So on the DJ it’s an easy pass for me.
The pin on Silver would also be an easy pass for me. I would want to see the nose sticking out far more than it is, also I prefer to take a bearish pin at a swing high, this is back into a bit of chop.
If I had to take one of them I would take the silver one but keep it on a tight leash, getting the stop to b/e quickly. Price is likely to move quickly to 3200 where it will probably chop around for a bit if it broke south then retested 3000 I would be much more interesting to me.

I spend more time looking at pin bars in the Jame16 forum as I get more from it. Recently I have found T2W very draining it just seems to be full of vendors and angry and bitter people. Good material is thin on the ground. T2W is a lulz monster.

Bullish Outside Bar at a swing low on the daily chart. The bar itself is a good size but not huge located @ 2.000 BRN and off a rising trend line. My final profit target is 2.1 however i am going to be managing this trade on a daily basis. I am going to use a 20 pip buffer above the entry so that gives me an order entry of 2.0250. SL 1.9940 (10 pip buffer BUOB low).

Attachments

• trade1.gif
    trade1.gif
    22.1 KB · Views: 194
moving stop to b/e trade currently +53 pips. looking for runner up to 2.1 (=+750 pips), happy to take many break evens with the occasional runner looking after the profits.

exit here +70 pips. 4H pin bar against trade popped up so need to get these profits off the table.