Newbie to Spread betting

Cantorindex is part of the bigger group "Cantor Fitzgerald" , they are certainly not small ...
Yes I know, that is why I wonder about the incentive to introduce Zero spread. This is a bigger company and there are a lot more at stake Goodwill wise. We all know zero spread do not usually work out. So I wonder if they got a different approach to it compared to what Worldspreads had.

Spreadex is much better now, but the platform isn't great. They had a promo offer for dormant accounts a few weeks back. Not sure if it's still going.

What about Spreadco? Anyone use them? Now CMC has increased spreads S-co seem to have the narrowest. I suspect this has something to do with the need to select buy or sell before you can place a trade.
I have not traded live with Spreadco, but I am concerned about slippage. I know CS will not give me slippage trading 1 point on the Dow.

I was with Cantor Index about 10 years ago - but they stopped listing stocks outside the FTSE 350 and I got the impression they no longer wanted small scale clients. And I didn't like the way they valued open positions at midprice rather than at current exit price. I've used several sbet firms since but IG have consistently been the best of them. I use Spreadex for some of the smaller companies that IG don't quote for.

Reactions: tar
I was with Cantor Index about 10 years ago - but they stopped listing stocks outside the FTSE 350 and I got the impression they no longer wanted small scale clients. And I didn't like the way they valued open positions at midprice rather than at current exit price. I've used several sbet firms since but IG have consistently been the best of them. I use Spreadex for some of the smaller companies that IG don't quote for.
"I was with Cantor Index about 10 years ago", yes during the dark ages of spread betting.:)

Hi everyone,
I'm interested in opening an account with a UK spread betting website which will allow me to trade shares listed in Hong Kong, specifically mining companies. IG Index and Interactive Investor seem to provide this, but only for a limited number of companies. Can anyone recommend another site?
Many thanks
Lee

caesar todd

also

based in US.. most 'reliable' brokers will not touch you with a bargepole.

the 'land of the free' does not allow rogue states like the UK to offer its products to their 'oh so special' population

Simon

caesar todd

also

based in US.. most 'reliable' brokers will not touch you with a bargepole.

the 'land of the free' does not allow rogue states like the UK to offer its products to their 'oh so special' population

Simon
Ha ha Simon, you stole my quote.:)

Yes it is amazing that US citizen put up with this kind of treatment not being able to trade with who ever they like. Protectiveness of their own market to say the least. They just made trading CFDs and SB illegal to quickly solve the problem with growing competition in the gambling industry.

Ha ha Simon, you stole my quote.:)

Yes it is amazing that US citizen put up with this kind of treatment not being able to trade with who ever they like. Protectiveness of their own market to say the least. They just made trading CFDs and SB illegal to quickly solve the problem with growing competition in the gambling industry.

Because it is not trading it is betting ...

Because it is not trading it is betting ...
So what, should betting be illegal in the US coming from companies outside the US? And what about CFDs? It is considered by many countries to be a financial instrument.

So what, should betting be illegal in the US coming from companies outside the US? And what about CFDs? It is considered by many countries to be a financial instrument.

I think they are doing their residents a favor here :)

I think they are doing their residents a favor here :)
I don't think so. Many traders would like have an additional market to trade. I would imagine CFDs at least would be a huge success in the US if made "legal".