Newbie to Spread betting

Irrelevant mate , it is their policy as stated by Simon himself ...
Relevant is it, if it is practiced in live trading. Surely, someone should have mention it lately, on a huge thread like CS thread if it was of concern.

Relevant is it, if it is practiced in live trading. Surely, someone should have mention it lately, on a huge thread like CS thread if it was of concern.

I am sorry it is their policy what matters to me ...

I am sorry it is their policy what matters to me ...
Really, it is on almost on every SB agenda in special cases. Simon are just bold enough to say it. Not that I agree at all, this practice should not be adopted as it contradicts the MiFID.

Reactions: tar
Really, it is on almost on every SB agenda in special cases. Simon are just bold enough to say it. Not that I agree at all, this practice should not be adopted as it contradicts the MiFID.

I think the difference with other SB brokers is the stake size ....

I think the difference with other SB brokers is the stake size ....
That is not my experience with some other SB. Anyway what I mean, you got a negative picture of CS not trading with them. I who has been trading live with them for 6 years do not. And that is based purely on my personally live trading experience with them for a long time. I do not gain anything by recommending them, but as my experience tell me they are OK, while a few others fail at some point CS has not so far.

Who is your favorite SB company tar?

I've traded with CS for while a few years ago but now my account is inactive , i focus now on futures and stocks . For me IG is the best available but my account with them is closed now due to a problem with them but it was my fault , i am currently thinking to come back to SB/cfds , i have a spreadex account as i see they've made huge improvements lately (platform , spreads ) and i have an account with Cityindex AU the UK account is inactive :) , plus my fx accounts ....

I've traded with CS for while a few years ago but now my account is inactive , i focus now on futures and stocks . For me IG is the best available but my account with them is closed now due to a problem with them but it was my fault , i am currently thinking to come back to SB/cfds , i have a spreadex account as i see they've made huge improvements lately (platform , spreads ) and i have an account with Cityindex AU the UK account is inactive :) , plus my fx accounts ....
Yes I have not traded live with IG, they are probably good being the biggest one around.

In recent month I have tested trading live with DF Markets CFDs. They are quite good but give both negative and positive slippage. Extremely narrow spread on indices on some days, and yet they change to wider spread randomly it seems on certain days. I have not yet come to terms with why they change the spread, but I am still trading with them the narrow spread days and will continue to do so as long as I am satisfied with their performance. I will have a look at Spreadex, Irish company if I remember it correctly.

I find City Index more "honest" when it comes to bonuses that Capital Spreads. I can't comment further on my complaint against the Capital Spreads bonus because I agreed as part of the settlement not to mention it in any forum.

I'm still trading with the old City Index trading credit (the one where you can't withdraw but won't expire either). I haven't had any problems so far, but then again haven't been making much from them either.

tar, I would be interested to hear your experience with Spreadex. I remember a few years ago one of their customer services reps admitted to me "We lose a lot of money because of scalpers" but I recently asked them if it was OK to scalp with them and they said yes (they would say that, wouldn't they?) I haven't started scalping with them but I'm considering it, if I find a suitable, profitable trading system, although some say you should never scalp with SB co.'s and go DMA instead (for obvious reasons). I've got a credit limit with Spreadex, the only one to offer me it, whereas IG Index wouldn't even upgrade my account from Limited Risk! I still trust IG more though, because of withdrawal of winnings a few years back.

I find City Index more "honest" when it comes to bonuses that Capital Spreads. I can't comment further on my complaint against the Capital Spreads bonus because I agreed as part of the settlement not to mention it in any forum.

I'm still trading with the old City Index trading credit (the one where you can't withdraw but won't expire either). I haven't had any problems so far, but then again haven't been making much from them either.

tar, I would be interested to hear your experience with Spreadex. I remember a few years ago one of their customer services reps admitted to me "We lose a lot of money because of scalpers" but I recently asked them if it was OK to scalp with them and they said yes (they would say that, wouldn't they?) I haven't started scalping with them but I'm considering it, if I find a suitable, profitable trading system, although some say you should never scalp with SB co.'s and go DMA instead (for obvious reasons). I've got a credit limit with Spreadex, the only one to offer me it, whereas IG Index wouldn't even upgrade my account from Limited Risk! I still trust IG more though, because of withdrawal of winnings a few years back.
Yes the bonus offers user agreement is written in a way they can almost do anything with the bonus acquired. I got the same problem with GKFX, they just wouldn't honor their part when the bonus period was over.

Yes I have not traded live with IG, they are probably good being the biggest one around.

In recent month I have tested trading live with DF Markets CFDs. They are quite good but give both negative and positive slippage. Extremely narrow spread on indices on some days, and yet they change to wider spread randomly it seems on certain days. I have not yet come to terms with why they change the spread, but I am still trading with them the narrow spread days and will continue to do so as long as I am satisfied with their performance. I will have a look at Spreadex, Irish company if I remember it correctly.

No it is based in the UK , they were known for accepting big size bets and for their wide range of UK shares ( small cap ) , they used to own shorts and longs when it was operating ....

Last edited:
Yes the bonus offers user agreement is written in a way they can almost do anything with the bonus acquired. I got the same problem with GKFX, they just wouldn't honor their part when the bonus period was over.

Was the 30% bonus from GKFX you mentioned in another thread only available to selected clients? The only bonus that I remember the UK website had was the refund of losses of up to £300 (not available anymore). I remember getting about £120 from them.

I've opened an account with Spreadex 5 years ago but honestly i didn't use it at all , their spreads were wide and their margin reqs were high , no 24 h trading , now i see they've made huge steps , in regards to the platform , margins and spreads , will look into using them now . Dont know about scalping with them but IMHO really i don't advise you to enter the scalping saga , anyway i think Spreadex is making money i remember i saw a report a while back . As i understand they are good for big size stakes and for small cap shares SB .

No it is based in the UK , they were known for accepting big size bets and for their wide range of UK shares ( small cap ) , they used to own shorts and longs when it was operating ....
Ok I see, yes I remember Short and Longs.

Last edited:
Was the 30% bonus from GKFX you mentioned in another thread only available to selected clients? The only bonus that I remember the UK website had was the refund of losses of up to £300 (not available anymore). I remember getting about £120 from them.
Yes it was a introductory offer only for Swedish clients trading CFDs. 30% of the account deposit, I got everything confirmed in writing, didn't do me good anyway when it was time for them to honor the bonus.

In this IGgroup report page 16 you can see a comparison between SB brokers revenue wise :

http://www.iggroup.com/content/files/interim_pres_jan12.pdf
Yes, Saxo is really big. Spreadex is getting close to Capitalspreads revenue wise. I looked up Cantorindex and was surprised that they have adopted the zero spread promotion like that of the late Worldspreads. Anyone of you got any experience trading with Cantorindex?

Yes, Saxo is really big. Spreadex is getting close to Capitalspreads revenue wise. I looked up Cantorindex and was surprised that they have adopted the zero spread promotion like that of the late Worldspreads. Anyone of you got any experience trading with Cantorindex?

Cantorindex is part of the bigger group "Cantor Fitzgerald" , they are certainly not small ...

I've opened an account with Spreadex 5 years ago but honestly i didn't use it at all , their spreads were wide and their margin reqs were high , no 24 h trading , now i see they've made huge steps , in regards to the platform , margins and spreads , will look into using them now . Dont know about scalping with them but IMHO really i don't advise you to enter the scalping saga , anyway i think Spreadex is making money i remember i saw a report a while back . As i understand they are good for big size stakes and for small cap shares SB .

Spreadex is much better now, but the platform isn't great. They had a promo offer for dormant accounts a few weeks back. Not sure if it's still going.

What about Spreadco? Anyone use them? Now CMC has increased spreads S-co seem to have the narrowest. I suspect this has something to do with the need to select buy or sell before you can place a trade.