New Trend for the Buck

gugaplex

The Greenback is set for a nice rebound. Trying to find a dollar bull is more difficult than finding a oil/gold bear. Tides turn, and I think the tide is turning soon for the dollar. I live in the U.S., so I am already invested in the buck. I base my views on doing the opposite of the crowd.

The chart for the buck is also interesting. I see limited down-side risk and much larger up-side over the short-term. Also, over the next few years the dollar should recoup a good bit of losses and you will once again hear the term "strong dollar" in the head-lines (then you should sell).

I know that the dollar bears are going to rip me with fundamentals and data regarding monetary policy. These same facts/estimates have already been factored into the value of the dollar against other currencies. What matters is whether or not the "facts" will come to fruition as predicted.

Well since Bush has made it pretty clear he will invade almost any oil producing country that threatens to sell oil in Euro's instead of USD I suppose there is still good reason to think the USD couldn't drop all that far and may even bounce back. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Cheers,
PKFFW

Chart looks prime for a break-out. Expect gold to fall from current levels as well....

Nice performance thus far today. Looking for a big break-out "relatively speaking" for the ducket.