New T2W Forex Contest - Starts Sun, 15th May

The winner will be the one with the biggest t1ts of course...

Seriously though - what guarantees are there that T2W will stick to their own rules on this one?

Will the winners reflect the voting sentiment in the T2W awards? Most people get it wrong, so don't be too suprised.

I'll have a go of this comp when the bugs are cleared up.

Edit: Who were the T2W award winners this time around? Wot were catagories again?

If we have a starting capital of $50,000 - how many lots is that ?

If we have a starting capital of $50,000 - how many lots is that ?

I've got 2 single lot positions open without stops at the moment...and have almost 80% available margin. So I guess you can do about 10 lots
maybe more when stops are in place on existing positions!

good morning, well, numbers still arnt matching up, even if i play the numbers MT4 from FXCM, and forexdesk is off. 1.4121 on FMCM and 1.4125 on forexdesk, just cant play with these conditions

There's an issue with IE currently that means that the manual trade page may become unresponsive after a little while. We're going to fix that shortly, in the meantime Chrome/FireFox may be a better bet.

GlenGary said:
ok, i found the MT4 platform, but still getting same error, I'll wait till tomorrow, at least im half way there, lol..

So it turns out the file for MT4 integration from yesterday was up to date. Therefore if anyone has any problem with it, then report them here.

c6ackp said:
BUG#1 - stops don't work!

How do you mean they don't work? They should be working fine. Please let us know exactly the problem you're having.

counter_violent said:
Adjusting stops / limits should be up / down toggle buttons. It's 2011 and there should be no need to type in any prices.

Noted - and we'll be adding these shortly.

kimo'sabby said:
Edit: Who were the T2W award winners this time around? Wot were catagories again?

Head over to http://www.tradingawards.com.

Pat494 said:
If we have a starting capital of $50,000 - how many lots is that?

It depends on the currency pairs, for example, opening your first trade now, you could open a max of 7 lots of GBP/USD or 12 lots of USD/JPY.

GlenGary said:
good morning, well, numbers still arnt matching up, even if i play the numbers MT4 from FXCM, and forexdesk is off. 1.4121 on FMCM and 1.4125 on forexdesk, just cant play with these conditions

Essentially there's a delay between when MT creates the order and we receive on our servers. You can adjust the polling from the default of 4 secs, down to 1 sec. Then there's a fraction of a second delay hitting our servers, so you're looking at at between 0.5 and 1.5 secs minimum delay I'd say. Of course the price can easily move in this time. We're adding support to hook up directly with your broker, which will get around this issue, as the price you trade at will be the price that appears in ForexDesk. But until then, scalper will have to factor in the slippage caused by this delay. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do to fix that, it's a limitation of the EA implementation.

There's an issue with IE currently that means that the manual trade page may become unresponsive after a little while. We're going to fix that shortly, in the meantime Chrome/FireFox may be a better bet.

So it turns out the file for MT4 integration from yesterday was up to date. Therefore if anyone has any problem with it, then report them here.

How do you mean they don't work? They should be working fine. Please let us know exactly the problem you're having.

Noted - and we'll be adding these shortly.

Head over to http://www.tradingawards.com.

It depends on the currency pairs, for example, opening your first trade now, you could open a max of 7 lots of GBP/USD or 12 lots of USD/JPY.

Essentially there's a delay between when MT creates the order and we receive on our servers. You can adjust the polling from the default of 4 secs, down to 1 sec. Then there's a fraction of a second delay hitting our servers, so you're looking at at between 0.5 and 1.5 secs minimum delay I'd say. Of course the price can easily move in this time. We're adding support to hook up directly with your broker, which will get around this issue, as the price you trade at will be the price that appears in ForexDesk. But until then, scalper will have to factor in the slippage caused by this delay. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do to fix that, it's a limitation of the EA implementation.

OK Sharky, thanks for the info, going to have to change up the game plan, as my system works by the 1/4 second, thats a big differance

First update of the competition.

There's a total of 16 entrants and the current leaderboard rankings are:

1. counter_violentmoves £53,588.00
2. redart £51,716.97
3. megamuel £51,633.20
4. steve £51,769.96
5. jidokwan £51,050.00
6. Sharky £50,297.43
7. Pat494 £49,908.39
8. c6ackp £49,735.00
9. dmt257 £49,031.00
10. GlenGary £48,929.14

And the following traders have yet to make a trade:

kam2001 £50,000.00
trader_dante £50,000.00
Lightning McQueen £50,000.00
EK1 £50,000.00
breadman £50,000.00
Superspurs £50,000.00

I've got 2 single lot positions open without stops at the moment...and have almost 80% available margin. So I guess you can do about 10 lots

Thanks CV and Sharkey

Maybe stops work if a stop level is entered on the original order ticket - I haven't tried it as I've only done one test order. E/U was trading @ 1.4100 and I shorted it (-5) without including a stop level on the ticket. Price dropped to 85 so I entered a, roughly, break-even stop entry @ 97 (+5 lots). I left the trade for a couple of hours and E/U was trading @ 105 when I returned. My stop entry order had disappeared but it didn't close out the open short position.

I'm pretty sure that's what happened so you may want to double-check this...

Dante is so confident he hasn't made a trade yet. He's going to wait until last minute and wipe the floor with us all! C_V currently showing us all how its done. I'm going to enjoy being in second place while it lasts!

I mis-read CV's set-up instructions and used a different user name when setting up ForexDesk, I have asked ForexDesk to change it to match user name on T2W but am waiting a reply. I have set account name to match my user name here with the #1 on the end. Will that be OK?

Thanks Atilla!

Andycon, that's fine.

c6ackp, we'll look into the issues with stops. I'll post an update once I know more.

I still cant figure the MT4 out, i redid it 5-6 times, and still get the 8888888888888888888888 error

take profit would have been great last night, woke up and up and back down from my ticket, ugg

If you beat me this week it's only cos you've had a head start, which isn't fair really.

OK, i think i got it straighten out, using FireFox, just have to adapt to the differant pip count, because its not the same

yeah, my style isnt pared with this interface, MT4, close, for $70 profit, then look on FXDesk, $18 profit.. There is a huge differance, and its annoying.. great fun and the concept is cool, but using FXCM for MT4 and the numbers that FXDesk has, is just, crazy..

Good luck everyone,

Im just whinning, I will adapt, FXDesk is just ahead by 5 seconds it seems, then MT4, and it messes with the mind a bit,