New Olympic sports

I agree with Salty Gibbon, Brendan Foster is an embarrassment.

As soon as she limped out sobbing, he started denigrating the Olympics saying this race didn't prove who was the best, it was just who could handle the heat best (is that not part of it) blah blah.

Can you imagine if Paula had won and a foreign journalist said "that doesn't mean anything", he would have gone nuts.

What ever you might say about sports stars like Tim Henman being rubbish at tennis, at least he's not a quitter.

No doubt Paula will be diagnosed with a "mystery illness" in the next day or so to spare her blushes.

How anyone could contemplate running 26 miles, especially 26 miles in 35+ temperatures is beyond me.

Never mind that what about our brave troops in the Gulf, where it's just as hot if not hotter who have bullets whizzing past their heads and see their mates get shot to bits.

Fact of the matter is, she realised she wasn't going to win, threw a strop and started crying like a 2 year old. She should hang her head in shame.

How anyone could contemplate running 26 miles, especially 26 miles in 35+ temperatures is beyond me.

Because if you win, you make millions. It is all about money pal and people will go to extremes to get the dosh on offer.

Beats me why she was hailed a hero on the front page of the Daily Mirror today. She failed and failures are not heroes.

Besides, if she had won she would have technically been a heroine - not a hero - or is it politically incorrect to differentiate these days ?

Good news to see Cherry ( The Frog ) Blair poking her ugly nose into London's Olympic bid. That should ensure a glorious failure one hopes.

Hmm how can a put this....

Ladies "jiggling" event has always been a popular one banded around...... Sharon Davies springs to mind.... for an other event which involves hoops.. :eek: :-0 :)

Last edited:
I consider Paula Radcliffe a hero because she is the world record holder for the Marathon - this accolade merits the label of 'hero' in my book. In 37+ temperatures, peoples lifes are on the line. Life is far more important than any gold medal.

Another good day for team GB. A stunning gold medal winning run by Kelly Holmes and the 'Dean Machine' is coming good!

It's great to be able to listen to possibly the most dominant athelete of all time - Micheal Johnson' as both a pundit and a commentator on the BBC. Has ever a pundit or commentator been more eloquent or made more sense?

This begs the question - how have the BBC managed to bag this highly respected individual and how come he isn't (or perhaps he is) working for US TV?

Weightlifting variation

How about this one?

WEIGHTLIFTING
From a standing position competitors will have various electronic goods placed in their arms. In order to complete a lift these must then be taken through a shop door and placed in a mate's van.

There's another new one on now. It's Motorbike Road Rage.
There are 2 geezers wearing crash helmets kicking the sh!t out of each other :eek:

oatman said:
There's another new one on now. It's Motorbike Road Rage.
There are 2 geezers wearing crash helmets kicking the sh!t out of each other :eek:

Oatman,
Are they kicking the **** out of each other so that they will be taken to hospital avoiding an embarrasing drugs test? If so, this thread's just about come full circle :cheesy:

The Beyonder said:
I agree with Salty Gibbon, Brendan Foster is an embarrassment.

As soon as she limped out sobbing, he started denigrating the Olympics saying this race didn't prove who was the best, it was just who could handle the heat best (is that not part of it) blah blah.
{my emphasis}

B*loody hell - must have been painful. No wonder he/she was sobbing...

Janken, Spoofing, Poker

These are the sorts of things us traders want to see at Olympic level.

Can you imagine the gold hanging on the outcome of the GB teams response.

"Will they go rock, will they go scissors or will they play it safe with paper?"

It's great to be able to listen to possibly the most dominant athelete of all time - Micheal Johnson' as both a pundit and a commentator on the BBC. Has ever a pundit or commentator been more eloquent or made more sense?

He may be eloquent on TV but he is not so eloquent that he can't get involved in a near punch up with one of the British sprinters he so eloquently denigrated on the box.

Anyway, what's the prognosis for Paula in tonight's 10,000 metre race. Any bets for where she'll quit this time around. I'll hang my hat on 9,150 metres.

I am sure that Brendan Foster would agree that if Paula ran 9,150 metres and the rest have to run 10,000 metres, that it will be a fair test of midddle distance running.

Stupid cow wimps out again.

Why is she getting all the headlines when there's great British Olympic hopes like Amir Khan.

He's been Britain's best star along with the rowers.

The quitter is being treated like a hero for some strange reason.

They are going to introduce a Quitting Competition for the next Olympics. She should do well.