New Look T2W

Blackcab - good point, I'll update that now to fall back to Verdana or Arial, san-serif etc.
That's definitely an improvement. How about the width of the posts and the fact they don't resize if you narrow your browser window.

I never used to log out of the old site. Maybe I should have but still, I didn't. Therefore, I always came on board whenever I wanted. Now, I have to log in with eight digits everytime, so I don't do that so often There does not seem to be much new, so far and, I was hoping to see more of the old names posting.

I'm a bit disappointed with the anticlimax and am hoping that the site will soon buck up.

The width of the forums isn't resizable but it's set to a comfortable width to read text from.

Spitlink: You shouldn't need to log in each time - there's an issue at the moment keeping members logged in. We should have it resolved shortly.

I never used to log out of the old site. Maybe I should have but still, I didn't. Therefore, I always came on board whenever I wanted. Now, I have to log in with eight digits everytime, so I don't do that so often There does not seem to be much new, so far and, I was hoping to see more of the old names posting.

I'm a bit disappointed with the anticlimax and am hoping that the site will soon buck up.

Hi Split

its easy to save your login details in IE7 & firefox, so that you do not need to type anything when you return to a website requiring a password. I do this & it saves time and effort........

Paul, I realise that you must have teething troubles that need to get sorted. Thanks for answering and Good Luck with the site.

Split

Thanks Splitlink. We've made some updates which hopefully will resolve the cookie problem (keeping you logged in). Let me know if you're still having problems.

Most bugs have now been resolved. We just fixed a rather major one which was preventing people from adding entries to their blogs.

So if you do keep a blog - you can now continue to post entries without any further problems.

I don't think you've fixed my logging in problem, yet. I just had to do it!

I'm glad I'm not you. I can say f*** it until tomorrow!:D

Split

Ahh, so you were on IE6 before? OK - was it working intermittently, or not at all?

Anyone else having probs getting logged out?

Ahh, so you were on IE6 before? OK - was it working intermittently, or not at all?

Anyone else having probs getting logged out?
I still seem to be getting logged out periodically, even if I leave the page open in a tab, no both Opera 9.2 and IE7, will double check my settings, seems to occur after a period of inactivity, maybe 30 mins

But otherwise quite nice look to the site.

Got logged out there in mid edit by IE7

Ok may have found a solution to the logout problem, came across this issue on another site a while back, if you check the "Remember Me" checkbox by the login when you login seems to stop the logouts.

Last edited:
I am having an issue being able to login. Sometimes I can and other times I can't. I have deleted cookies but it has not helped. I keep getting a screen saying that I am not logged in so any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Yeah we seem to still have the same problem. I can't say what it is but we're aware there is a problem, and we're doing our best to figure it out - for the moment you'll just need to relogin im afraid. Hopefully we'll get it sorted - unfortunately it's nothing obvious. It should work fine! :(

I am having an issue being able to login. Sometimes I can and other times I can't. I have deleted cookies but it has not helped. I keep getting a screen saying that I am not logged in so any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Try checking the checkbox next to the login next time you logon Paul works for mr on 3 different browsers

There's a value of 30 mins in which time the session is set to expire if you don't click REMEMBER ME. So can people see whether if they don't click that - then after 30 mins it does log them out, AND also check to see if they do click that it does KEEP them logged in. Hopefully we can get to the the bottom of this! Thanks :)

There's a value of 30 mins in which time the session is set to expire if you don't click REMEMBER ME. So can people see whether if they don't click that - then after 30 mins it does log them out, AND also check to see if they do click that it does KEEP them logged in. Hopefully we can get to the the bottom of this! Thanks :)

Ive been logged in for over an hour now subject to checking that checkbox will logout and login without checking it, I can tell you Opera 9.2 is logged out imediately, if it's not checked no 30 mins, IE7 does seem to stay for a little while.

The width of the forums isn't resizable but it's set to a comfortable width to read text from.
It's a small issue, but I disagree that it's a comfortable width - it's not for me, anyway. Books and newspaper/journal columns run at around 12 words/line whereas this design is 25-28 words/line.

I just Googled [good web design "words per line"] and the first two hits say this. Didn't look any further than that as it's not a personal crusade or anything :)

www.masternewmedia.org: Once you go beyond ten or twelve words per line, reading your content becomes increasingly difficult for the reader. The longer the line length is the harder it is for the reader's eye to go to the next line once she reaches the end of a line of text.

Short line length looks good, easy, unintimidating, and makes reading on-screen as good or better than reading on paper.

psychology.wichita.edu: It is commonly recommended that shorter line lengths (about 11 words) should be used in place of longer, full-screen lengths. This is because longer line lengths require greater lateral eye movements, which make it more likely to loose one's place within the text (Horton, 1989; Mills & Weldon, 1987). It also has been pointed out by Horton (1989) that longer line lengths are more tiring to read. Horton recommends that lines should be limited to lengths of around 40 to 60 characters, which is approximately 11 words per line. A study by Huey (1968) tends to support this in his finding that shorter line lengths or approximately 4" (10 cm) are more accurate on the return sweep than longer line lengths. Moreover, Gregory and Pouton (1970) state that people with poor reading ability performed better when the line length was approximately seven words.