New Look T2W

Any chance of earning report's dates for US stocks added to the the calendar too ( it would be great if email also be sent to members one day before earning date. )

HI Paul,
Sorry, I didn't mean to be insulting about the TT comparison ;-) I meant to say the posts were hard to read and the format similar to this one.
You are quite right, one of the main problems was the new access method and re-registering.
Great to see the black font.
Thanks for all the work.
Richard

I don't like the site re-design

I'm using a 17" crt and everything is spread the full width of the screen resulting in my
having to turn my head first to view/navigate what's on the page and when reading pages

previously I could read all the info about a thread easily, thread title, page quantity, last
poster, views quantity; now I have to left right my head in order to read that info and the
same when reading thread posts

google: optimal text width; screen readability

T2W pages need margins — wide white margins

for me the above is MAJOR concern
far too much strain trying to view/read pages, a problem I believe needs to be addressed

I don't like the front page -- as above, and it resembles the front page of a comic, and
I can't login/out there, I have to click on Forum first to do so --
please, save me clicking -- frontpage login

on the plus side, posts can be read without login and linking in other forums means the
reader there doesn't first have to register at T2W in order to view the link

when I click on T2W via Favorites the site appears FAST, and it hasn't crashed or
de-logged me when I was googling elsewhere — 5 gold stars

sorry to state the obvious while everyone talks about fonts... anyone noticed the immense improvement in speed?? no more ten second page loads!

I usually prefer serif to sans serif, but this post font is harder to read than the Arial of the old style. A slightly bigger point size would be good. How about a button on each page to toggle between a couple of stylesheets - one with serif, one with sans serif? Or high contrast/low contrast etc. Well done on the upgrade - it must've been a hell of a lot of work.

I think the new site looks fine, I won't say better than the old site, as i didn't see anything wrong with that.

It will soon be totally familiar to everyone, although will take a few days to adjust to.

I agree that this font is a bit harder/slower to read than the old one, but perhaps thats something the eyes will adjust to.

Very Windows Vista-esc.

Last edited:
Its a shame that you can no longer vote for people IMO. Feedback is useful for positive comments, but what if a new member appeared who was a complete tool?
;)

Last edited:
Actually you can still vote for people by using the reputation system. Click the little scales icon third from the bottom left on their post - and you can good/bad post it. We dropped the simple rating system for a member in prefernce to the reputation system. As it was confusing to have two going on. We'll shuffle around the icons probably to make it more intuitive too.

I appreciate that time and effort has gone into the re-design but it is not for me.

I find it difficult to read due to the font and background colours. As to finding my way around I suspect that it will take me some time to become fully accustomed.

I am sorry to be negative but I find the new format f'uzzy and wooly' when compared to the previous design.

Regards

bracke

Actually you can still vote for people by using the reputation system. Click the little scales icon third from the bottom left on their post - and you can good/bad post it. We dropped the simple rating system for a member in prefernce to the reputation system. As it was confusing to have two going on. We'll shuffle around the icons probably to make it more intuitive too.

Thanks.

therefore if you disapprove of a post, does the person get the same nuumber of reputation points deducted, that they would have had added to their total, had you approved of their post?

Cheers.

I usually prefer serif to sans serif, but this post font is harder to read than the Arial of the old style. A slightly bigger point size would be good. How about a button on each page to toggle between a couple of stylesheets - one with serif, one with sans serif? Or high contrast/low contrast etc. Well done on the upgrade - it must've been a hell of a lot of work.
Just realised I'm seeing serif because I haven't got MS Trebuchet on my computer. Seems a bit odd to fall back from Trebuchet to Times New Roman. How about something like:
"MS Trebuchet", "Free Sans", Arial, sans-serif; That would catch a sans serif on every comuter AFAIK.

Old look gets my vote

There's a loss of compactness and consequent need to scroll with the disadvantage of seeing less information at any one time.

The script and colorscheme is harder to read.

Some features have gone.

I'm largely over on another site now but will look in from time to time to see if there's any improvement or reversion.

I still like it.

Having to re-log in upon returning to the site (in firefox at least) seems a bit of a nuisance delay. Is this for security reasons?

Thanks.

I still like it.

Having to re-log in upon returning to the site (in firefox at least) seems a bit of a nuisance delay. Is this for security reasons?

Thanks.

I've noticed this too.
I wonder if its FF v2.0.0.3 or T2W? :confused:

I think there is a problem with remaining logged in - as I've experienced this too. We'll look into it.

The link to the chatroom is gone, but I'll post some instructions to access it from mIrc. However we won't be supporting this going forward, so the room will only be available temporarily.

Blackcab - good point, I'll update that now to fall back to Verdana or Arial, san-serif etc.