NEVER LOSE AGAIN!! TheRumpledOne

The new hour opened at 1.2525 I've gone straight in at 1.2423 ( I wasn't quick enough to catch 1.2424) stop as usual above the next line at 1.2553

Bunny

I'm going to try to hold this one if the stop isn't hit....1st half target 1.2442...2nd half target 1.2366

Last edited:
Are you using real money? :LOL:

A drawdown of over 100 pips is no good for a scalping strategy. (i think it was actually quite a bit over 100 pips, i can't recall exactly what you posted bunny). Crikey, i'd expect to lose about 20 times in a row to acheive that kind of loss. Possible though i suppose.

I note you didn't answer JTraders points previously about demo vs real account trading.

Also, i note that you admit now that you are not following TRO's method, this is good so others will know what results to expect.

Keep up the good work. Keep adding modifications, pivot points, moving averages, trend lines, different profit targets, stop losses, etc whatever you need (and yes you certainly need it with a strategy like this). I'm sure after enough modification there may be a smidgen of profit available.

Good luck

---

p.s. don't forget the catchphrase 'see GREEN, go LONG, see PROFIT' !

I gave my opinion on demo vs live, JTrader gave his, end of story.

The trendlines are there to help with exits, all entries are per TRO's system. From tomorrow I will scalp as he suggests and take small profits to see how different the outcome will be, but I'm going to finish today as I started with my own exits.

I am not saying this system works, and I'm not saying it doesn't, I'm simply posting each trade as it comes and trading it. Other forex pairs or other markets may give different results. Without anyone else posting their findings we're not going to know.

Bunny

From what I've seen today there has only been 1 outright unprofitable trade on eurusd.

Bunny

One of the issues with this approach is that it is really a "momentum" based trading strategy that takes no account at all of market volatility at time of entry. As volatility varies wildly with different currencies and each hour of the day that they are traded then using a fixed position size, fixed target and fixed stop is doomed to failure in my view. If I were going to trade it I would use dynamic position sizing, targets and stops based on a measure of market volatility at time of entry.

Paul

Reactions: BSD
From what I've seen today there has only been 1 outright unprofitable trade on eurusd.
Bunny

But lets face it, with a 5 pip target, and a 25 pip stop loss you'd expect to achieve a pretty decent hit rate (I really cant be bothered to do the maths), so its hardly surprising to see a decent runs of consecutive wins.

Reactions: BSD
But lets face it, with a 5 pip target, and a 25 pip stop loss you'd expect to achieve a pretty decent hit rate (I really cant be bothered to do the maths), so its hardly surprising to see a decent runs of consecutive wins.

Over 100 trades you'd need 84 winners v's 16 losers to make +20 pips net profit, and thats without even considering a spread........ 420 pips - 400 pips = +20 pips.

This is the reason why this R:R is a menace!

Last edited:
Them new hour opened at 1.2520, because it opened in the segment below my entry, stop could be moved to 1.2528 (the long entry)...stop hit for -4 pips...personal running total for the day -103 pips
possible profit before stop was hit +40 pips

the new hour opened at 1.2520, entry long 1.2528...highest reached so far 1.2552 so there were 24 pips on the table.

Bunny

TRO wherever you are, please come back and let us know how many pips you look for when scalping.

Many thanks

Bunny

The long shadows on the 1 hour bars tell it's been a rough ride today, but the pips were indeed there for the taking.

NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!

I just did.

I followed your plan, and i lost.

Now where do i stand?

Can i sue for false advertising?

:LOL:

The point is, you don't half like BS false statements in your thread titles to gain peoples attention & interest......

"All you need to trade is a horizontal line"

Maybe.

I'm giving that method a go also......
Go long when price hits the upper line, or Short when price hits the lower line.......

I'm trying it on the Dow.
I have drawn the lines......
I have real-life trades placed with my broker.......
Go long when Dow hits 30,000......
Go short when Dow hits 1,000...........
better to be safe than sorry........