NEVER LOSE AGAIN!! TheRumpledOne

Seriously, what are we looking at here? You paint two blocks of colour on a chart with the price sticking out one end. Do we assume these blocks existed prior to the price breaking out and you went long on the break? And where do you exit? Where are the blocks for that?

I'm not trying to be a pain here, just trying to get a handle on what it is I'm supposed to be amazed by.

why not spend a little time looking at TRO's work over the last 15-20 years and some of the programming work he has done ......not just T2win by the way .........this is not his main Forum

cheers
N

NVP: Did T2W change their policy?? I notice links in your signature! Can I do that and not get banned?
Hi TRO,
NVP's links are to other T2W threads - which is absolutely fine. What we don't like are external links to commercial sites. If you've not looked at it recently, please review our Community Constitution - particularly the section entitled 'Vendor Policy'. You'll then know exactly where you stand!
Cheers,
Tim.

The upper block is the area between yesterday's high and yesterday's highcandle top aka UPPER WICK. The lower block is the area between yesterday's low and yesterday's high candle bottom aka LOWER WICK.

If you watch my YouTube videos, I explain the derivation of this method.

That great call was worth 10 pips to those who took the trade.
Even when you explain it I still don't get it.

What is the difference between yesterday's high and yesterday's "highcandle" top?

10 pips!!! That's a great call? No offence intended, but without stating a stop level or target it wasn't a call at all.

why not spend a little time looking at TRO's work over the last 15-20 years and some of the programming work he has done ......not just T2win by the way .........this is not his main Forum

cheers
N
With respect NVP, I don't want to become an expert programmer - I want to become an expert trader.

TRO posted a chart without indication of entry, exit or target and which was for a period almost a week in the past and just before a massive move against his apparent entry direction. Just what am I expected to be impressed about?

With respect NVP, I don't want to become an expert programmer - I want to become an expert trader.

TRO posted a chart without indication of entry, exit or target and which was for a period almost a week in the past and just before a massive move against his apparent entry direction. Just what am I expected to be impressed about?

Sorry, Sigma-D. if you had followed the relevant video, you would have seen that that was a trade worth taking when it happened.

TRO puts a lot of time into statistical research and it comes down to what , of that, works, a large percentage of the time. In the one that I am referring to, and I leave you to find it, He backtracked a thousand daily bars, around three years, to get his data.

His videos are difficult to understand, I have to repeat certain points several times, sometimes, to get what he is trying to say but I read him because I realise that he is one of the few who has something with a good message in them.

Splitlink, thanks for taking the trouble to state your position. I'm afraid I don't have the patience to watch a video for a trade, so haven't and won't be watching it. I don't even understand why anyone would bother going to the trouble of making a video.

Perhaps I'm missing out on the holy grail, but I just feel trading has in essence to be simple and should or could be stated in a paragraph or two.

But you've made an excellent point: If I'm not prepared to trawl through hours of videos and 20 years worth of programming, I shouldn't be commenting on this thread. And you're right.

Splitlink, thanks for taking the trouble to state your position. I'm afraid I don't have the patience to watch a video for a trade, so haven't and won't be watching it. I don't even understand why anyone would bother going to the trouble of making a video.

Perhaps I'm missing out on the holy grail, but I just feel trading has in essence to be simple and should or could be stated in a paragraph or two.

But you've made an excellent point: If I'm not prepared to trawl through hours of videos and 20 years worth of programming, I shouldn't be commenting on this thread. And you're right.

Hey S

no worries ............hope someone sends you the holy grail in 2 paragraphs soon

N

Last edited:

Hi SD

With the help of many and with an open mind - you can become an expert trader as long as you are a suitable candidate - ie - studious - at least A level / Degree level - committed -patient - sound strong mindset - flexible - willing to accept grey areas and life is not black or white - able to deal with being wrong on a regular basis - can stand pressure and stress - good worth ethic - disciplined - lots of time on you hands with separate income for at least 3 yrs.

That may rule our really 40 -60% of all people who try to get there - but if you do feel your suitable - then allow another 3 -5 yrs and I reckon you then get to a decent level - and than after another 3- 5 yrs - you should become an expert trader.

Meanwhile - your market is a "moving ballgame" - so even then accept you will still be learning more every year.

Then the next problem is after 10 or 15 yrs the markets will be different again with different rules and regulations and new concepts we don't even know about atm - but at least by then you should be well on the way to have banked some good income - and you may by then feel you can retire - or just play with it at whim.

As TRO says - its simple really (lol)

Regards

F

Last edited:
With due respect, F, I find TRO's threads are lot easier to understand than yours. :)

Hi Split

I would totally agree with you - and I think TRO's method therefore have great appeal across a wide range of traders - from newbies to even experienced profitable traders who are happy with their 30 - 70 % annual returns

As I have said many time if I was trading say £1 million - or $ 3 million of my onw money - I would accept a simple strategy and would be delighted with just 35% per annum - and if i ever hit 50% per annum - I would be over the moon

BUT

As we know most retail traders dont trade with $1 million plus capital account. Most part time traders start with a few hundred and maybe get to the $5 -10K amount and then even if they are very serious - still not many have over $100k with their broker.

So at say $20k capital account - a 30 -50% per annum is not really that good if you then look at the time and effort required to make that return - whether its just 5 hsr a week - or 20 hrs a week - not a good return on your personal time investment.

Now if you are looking at 30 -50% - per month ( no not compounding - that brings other problems) then even on $20k - its not too bad an income and great return - even on 40 hrs a week

But to do these type of returns - you just cannot do them with simple straight forward - investment type trading - of only 35 -50% win ratios - stops of 50 or 100 pips and stakes of under 2%

Its takes a lot more - and then that's were you leave the realms of simplicity - get to the devil in the detail and trade the complexities of a dynamic market .

Its certainly not easy - its blooming hard - frustrating - mind testing - difficult - hard work etc etc etc

So that's why my methods would never be able to compete with TRO's on being user friendly - but i certainly know which one I prefer - and so does my bank manager ;)

Good trading to you Split and have a great May

Regards

F

Hi Split

I would totally agree with you - and I think TRO's method therefore have great appeal across a wide range of traders - from newbies to even experienced profitable traders who are happy with their 30 - 70 % annual returns

F

I think that TRO, himself, would be happy with 30-70% annual returns.

He puts points across that are very good ideas to be used with one's own and they should be used in that context, IMO.

He has not changed my own trading style---I am, still, lousy! :D

His videos are difficult to understand, I have to repeat certain points several times, sometimes, to get what he is trying to say but I read him because I realise that he is one of the few who has something with a good message in them.

What can I do to make the videos easier to understand?

Even when you explain it I still don't get it.

What is the difference between yesterday's high and yesterday's "highcandle" top?

Yesterday's high is the highest price during the day.

Yesterday's candle top is the top of the candle body.

If yesterday's daily candle was green, the top would be yesterday's daily closing price.

If yesterday's daily candle was red, the top would be yesterday's daily opening price.

Understand?

I agree, trading should be simple. That is why my methods involve trading at horizontal lines in the direction price is moving.

I make videos because many traders asked me to make them. Some people can learn from reading. Others learn better from watching.

TRO, I, probably, just need time. Absorbing video talk is a drain, not on my bank, but on my retaining capacity and I'm no spring chicken! As I said before, some things I get hold of very quickly but others, while I am studying what you just said, I am losing what you are currently saying, So, I need to run the video back a fair amount.

At present, I am trying to digest your Day Trading 3 but, as you said, maybe I am better reading.

TRO, I, probably, just need time. Absorbing video talk is a drain, not on my bank, but on my retaining capacity and I'm no spring chicken! As I said before, some things I get hold of very quickly but others, while I am studying what you just said, I am losing what you are currently saying, So, I need to run the video back a fair amount.

At present, I am trying to digest your Day Trading 3 but, as you said, maybe I am better reading.

I am happy to answer any trading questions here on the open forum.

And if you have suggestions on how I can improve the videos, I am listening.

Thank you.

Yesterday's high is the highest price during the day.

Yesterday's candle top is the top of the candle body.

If yesterday's daily candle was green, the top would be yesterday's daily closing price.

If yesterday's daily candle was red, the top would be yesterday's daily opening price.

Understand?
Understand? You do have a large sense of self, don't you.

I wouldn't have needed to ask you to explain if you'd used standard terminology on the first place. If you're going to invent your own terms, expect people to ask you what you are talking about.

Get it?

Hey S

no worries ............hope someone sends you the holy grail in 2 paragraphs soon

N

If price is rising, buy. If price is falling, sell.

Cut your losers and let your winners run.

This 3rd paragraph is dedicated to all those that have made an industry out of responding to all those who asked for a definition of rising, falling, loser and winner and all those who purposely spread the belief (both deliberate and unwitting) that such definitions are necessary and can only be provided by those with years of experience and thousands of trades and tens of thousands of hours of screen time under their belt.

And a thank you for the very few who have pointed out what it was really all about in essence and in practise.

Last edited:
"What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? – Truth be told, you can’t please everyone and you shouldn’t try. Care less about what the haters say about you and smile more about what you know is true. Live your life and be happy with yourself, without their negative judgments. Practice listening to compliments and constructive criticism, and ignoring insults and negativity. It’s far from easy, but it’s worth working on." - M&A

Last edited: