My new trading setup

Never let it be said I don't listen to the sage advice on here...

As noted, now with a chair & a cup of tea.

DSCN1171.jpg

Now all I need is a set of wooden LCDs...

Good luck with the new house.
Looks like a nice setup out of the way and peaceful.
But where is the screen with t2w on it :)

Peter

ADDED: I just noticed your trading has gone to infinity and beyond!!

DSCN1171.jpg

Now all I need is a set of wooden LCDs...

Very nice indeed. Is that a foot pedal under the desk? Back-up in case of power cut - good thinking.

that wooden floor will soon get marked with the castors on that chair - I'm just being practical !

The chair looks good. Maybe need something to put the feet up. IMO you need a sofa and a fridge (with cold drinks). A big touch screen on the side wall would be good for either standing analysis or lying ones from the sofa.

Good luck with the new setup:clover:

No-one has yet commented on the purpose built rail I can throw myself off when I blow my account....

I assumed you put it in so you can get down like carradine or something when you use your "trading setup" for it's real purpose.

huh? I thought it is XTrader.. how could u manage to connect it to IB ?

That's not XTrader - that's a DOM written by my own fair hand (well, with the assistance of someone smarter than me)... :whistle:whistling:whistling

Currently in beta-test for those that want some...

irish-plug-jpg.jpg

I spit in the eye of XTrader....

May the flies of a thousand camels infest their armpits.

that wooden floor will soon get marked with the castors on that chair - I'm just being practical !
bb - Yeah, it would if it was wood - as opposed to the cheap plastic 'wood effect' stuff that's £0.99p a metre from B&Q!
:LOL:

what does your isv do that x-trader doesn't? is there another thread about it?

Shurley I'm not allowed to go into detail...

It's called Depth & Sales. It's a bit hard to describe but basically, it gives a clear view of

- icebergs being executed
- orders being pulled/added at all levels of depth
- actual executions alongside the depth 'this time round' so - as you move to a level you can see total executed and total on limit at that level. Obviously that applies to inside bid/offer only
- cumulative executions at each level
- some operational stuff to clear the above levels when you move up & down.

Like I say, it's hard to describe but it's an information tool that gives you a clearer view of depth, spoofing and executions against depth.

Note that it is not an execution tool - making it so would probably violate TTs patent on static DOM.

Like I say - it's in beta, if you want to play - I have no issue as long as you report the glitches back to me.

PS - this thing is not for sale yet. I've been running a glitchy Excel version since November and this is the 'productised' version. I hope!

interesting, so would you say it's fair to describe it as, in a sense, half way to being a HFT algo... in that it detects the kind of things that hft algos (and scalpers, yes) are looking for, without making any decisions...

p.s. you shouldn't need this to spot a berg, surely? ;)

- icebergs being executed
- orders being pulled/added at all levels of depth
- actual executions alongside the depth 'this time round' so - as you move to a level you can see total executed and total on limit at that level. Obviously that applies to inside bid/offer only
- cumulative executions at each level
I want one! not sure how you can squeeze so much info from throttled IB feed but what the heck! i trust people.. where do I sign in?

I agree - icebergs are fairly easy to spot - just watch the trades flying by against a small bid or offer that doesn't reduce/gets refreshed.

Still, it's a lot easier to see 200 initial bid, then next to that 200 current bid and next to that 800 traded.

Same for pulling/stacking. If you have a head for numbers, you can remember what was at 4 or 5 levels and mentally compare it with what's there. On the other hand if you see 1500 offered and -1000 representing 1000 pulled orders at the level, it is easier to see what is happening.

I consider reading this stuff one distinct skill and interpreting it another skill. All I am trying to do is make the reading easier. As yet, I haven't seen anything that shows orders executing against bids/offers in this way, not have I seen anything that shows the pulling in any readable sense. So, I wrote my own.

please teach me to spot iceberg. i will buy you a coffee? :whistling

At the risk of getting banned - you could always send me a PM....

Just be aware that icebergs ain't the end of the world. They may have sunk the titanic but you can't trade on the basis of those alone. Not on the ES anyway.