My Journal - Pathways to Improvement

Hi K,

This thread is called : My Journal - Pathways to improvement.
So it's very important for Sun to know what she is actually about to become.
All aspects of trading must be taken in account, especially the darkest ones (n)

Please notice that the list I wrote is not exhaustive but, on the other hand, there are really worse ways to earn a living like:

• Banker
  • Realtor
  • French (president or not)
  • and probably tons of other I forgot (it's getting late)

So Sun, you see that even if your mother is right it could be even worse. :clap:

Have a nice Sunday (here it's 6:10 PM)

All the best.
R.

Good Morning Remulix & Keen,

Thank you Remulix for your inspiring well sorted comment. (y)
Yes it did helps to grow tough skin. ;)

But trading can help people too. I can do the charity...infact I have a wish to donate clothes to the orphan kids...But that is some thing from my side...only if I get successful..:rolleyes:

Have a nice day...
Happy Trading..

08-03-2016

Today Pl is positive because of only 2 impulsive trade & one EU trade made 18 pips straight during LO. I listen to Mr. F & traded low spread pairs at the end to protect profit.:smart:

08-03-2016.png
Win rate today: 71%

Today Pl is positive because of only 2 impulsive trade & one EU trade made 18 pips straight during LO. I listen to Mr. F & traded low spread pairs at the end to protect profit.:smart:

View attachment 220486
Win rate today: 71%

Well Done Sun

A well controlled session

Not too many scalps - ie under 15

Good win ratio

Planning and having breaks to stop your emotions kicking in

Overall - I must congratulate you - as I think you have done well - and although it might have felt very difficult to perform at this standard - every month now it will get easier whilst you stay in control

As you know I will not be around all of March and so will be only about maybe 11 days out of the next 22 days of the month.

Try and remember all my tips and stay in control

All the best Sun - hope to be around just for a few hrs over rest of week

(y)

Regards

Peter

Well Done Sun

A well controlled session

Not too many scalps - ie under 15

Good win ratio

Planning and having breaks to stop your emotions kicking in

Overall - I must congratulate you - as I think you have done well - and although it might have felt very difficult to perform at this standard - every month now it will get easier whilst you stay in control

As you know I will not be around all of March and so will be only about maybe 11 days out of the next 22 days of the month.

Try and remember all my tips and stay in control

All the best Sun - hope to be around just for a few hrs over rest of week

(y)

Regards

Peter

Thank you Peter for your kind words.

I am following that red curve chart & having reasonable breaks.

On the side, I was checking your chart, remember I asked you about a wave correction, so that even if I miss a spot, where I can re enter position. So far what i notice is, TD, when price rests again on the TD is my spot for re entry. Hope this concept is ok?

I will keep posting my results & other thoughts.

Have a nice holiday break..

Regards
S.

Today I thought I would end as negative day...But I am positive, very small but still positive. I made largest gain on GU with 25 pips during LO in one trade.
Win rate 46%

I could have traded more...but currently terminal crashed, since I wanted to trade UCAD after oil news.

Today I had 4-5 impulsive trades. That's why daily pl count is bit low.

One thing to add, I think I should put some time limit on negative trades. If I stay -negative for long time 5-10+ minute. Then I can close it. But yes that would required advance understanding. Not in all cases this decision is reasonable, especially if the pair is slow.

Attachments

• 09-032016.png
    09-032016.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 98
Note

In background, I was making a summarized form of F methods & some details, progress reports of my trading...

Want to share a note from it.
attachment.php

Also I am going back to my old is gold stuff..trade limit. When I was swing trader, i used take only 3-5 trades per day...Average is 3 trades per day..

Here I notice after 10 trades, I do lots of massive multi lots & gambling...
So from now on only 10 trades per day.. Max is 15, no matter what. Even if I stay in loss of -20 pips.

Attachments

• Note.png
    Note.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 659
Finally my AU trade got closed with 10 pips profit from 7460. I was holding this silly trade for more than 2 hours..Glad that US news finally freed me..
I was trading with 4 lots for this..

Market is random..

Attachments

• 15-03-2016.png
    15-03-2016.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 116
Problem of fix take profit

attachment.php

Today my UJ maniac trade.

Attachments

• UJ Story.png
    UJ Story.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,077
Time stop

This is my current trade duration account stat..
Time stat.png

Analysing it I feel, trade holding more than 45 minutes is a complete loss.
For me standard is 15 minutes. (Just like F told me before now its statistically proven)

So for me time stop is maximum 15 minutes. Average 7 minutes...

Got same data for 1500 live trades....

Last trade on UJ, Asian session.

attachment.php

Attachments

• UJ 18-03-2016.png
    UJ 18-03-2016.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 867
Why my RR ratio is bad & what is my problem with early entry...I can explain it in here...with following GU example.

attachment.php

See if I took that buy trade, I would get only 2 pips paying all spreads. (just like always happens)

With staying dynamic, I would close my trade on 1st exit...But look, later it moved 12 pips in favour & that time I was out with 2 pips...

This is the best technical explanation that I can provide about my problem..
Any to the point answer?

Attachments

• GBPUSDM1.png
    GBPUSDM1.png
    79.5 KB · Views: 880
Why my RR ratio is bad & what is my problem with early entry...I can explain it in here...with following GU example.

attachment.php

See if I took that buy trade, I would get only 2 pips paying all spreads. (just like always happens)

With staying dynamic, I would close my trade on 1st exit...But look, later it moved 12 pips in favour & that time I was out with 2 pips...

This is the best technical explanation that I can provide about my problem..
Any to the point answer?

Might be miss understanding the question.

Can you reduce your size.
And go in with 2 or 3 entries.
Instead of looking for that one perfect entry.

Or if you go with that one entry can you scale out 2 or 3 times.

I never look at RR only look at outcomes.

Last edited:
Might be miss understanding the question.

Can you reduce your size.
And go in with 2 or 3 entries.
Instead of looking for that one perfect entry.

Or if you go with that one entry can you scale out 2 or 3 times.

I never look at RR only look at outcomes.

O is right.......outcomes !!!

RR means different things to different people and it means nothing to the market.....:whistling

My approach is to,look at each signal,with complete objectivity and focus on confluence.......I need to get 5 pips.....that's all I need to take initial,profits ......after,that I am b/even even if the balance,of my scalp,retraces.....

Forget aiming for 10 15 or more pips.......that's gravy and it will,take,care,of,itself........

Focus,on making 5 pips........and the setup required

N

Thank you Oscar Reed & NVP,

Actually so far what I remember F does the peeling for trades more than 10-15 pips..

But this idea is nice...on my mt4 I have auto trail position for every 5 pips (7,10 pips for volatile pairs)

Last day, I made my own custom ATR dashboard, which generally shows last 30M, 15M & 5M average movement. Looking at this data is helpful because, as each of my trade has average life time of 7-15 mins, then I can predict if I enter trade on a particular pair, how much I can expect...also can get an idea for BTTZ zone length..

Have a nice day..

Thank you Oscar Reed & NVP,

Actually so far what I remember F does the peeling for trades more than 10-15 pips..

But this idea is nice...on my mt4 I have auto trail position for every 5 pips (7,10 pips for volatile pairs)

Last day, I made my own custom ATR dashboard, which generally shows last 30M, 15M & 5M average movement. Looking at this data is helpful because, as each of my trade has average life time of 7-15 mins, then I can predict if I enter trade on a particular pair, how much I can expect...also can get an idea for BTTZ zone length..

Have a nice day..

That's a very smart approach S.......in fact you are now drifting towards my approach to trading ........relative strength and momentum

I follow,the whole G8 regarding momentum and ATR......at any one time I know what each and every pair combination is doing and therefore,can calculate where the best opportunities are .......24/7 during the week

Keep,going S.......keep,going (y)

That's a very smart approach S.......in fact you are now drifting towards my approach to trading ........relative strength and momentum

I follow,the whole G8 regarding momentum and ATR......at any one time I know what each and every pair combination is doing and therefore,can calculate where the best opportunities are .......24/7 during the week

Keep,going S.......keep,going (y)

Good Morning N,

Thank you for your positive words..
Yes I have your approach since I added Strength meter on my dashboard :)
It helps to me to filter best pairs to choose at this moment..

my dashboard.png

I only trade those pairs, which have strength above 80-90%.
I will do some customization in free time on the exiting indicators to show only the F's pairs..

Have a nice day...
Regards
S.

Finally found a tool for mt4 tick chart.

EURJPYt13.png

Hope it will improve my entries..but it changes bias very quickly..