My, €4.1k to €227k in 2 years, journal.

LOL @ all the attempts at serious posts to this thread.
Multi nic trolls bring out the best in everyone. :rolleyes:

Peter

This is interesting. If we are assuming that Benji is a chart based trader, why would it make a difference what the instrument is?

From your experience what would you list as the 5 biggest differences between the characteristics of an index futures chart versus any forex chart?

Thanks

these are fair questions WSW, but i am afraid you are wasting your time asking jungerns - he doesnt know. part time he buys signals, his full time job is to talk nonsense, some of it comes as advice to newbies.

imo benj needs to take a step back, read the links provided by liquid v and at least read up on some background information about the markets he intends to trade, the market participants etc, & if hes sticking with fx then a good place to start is gammajammers articles:
FX Market Participants

he should post a demo trade early in his journey, every now and again, based on the material hes been reading & whatever style he thinks he may like, so that ppl can comment on.

benj - no more mention of the Eu/stephen trade, i promise. you will be laughing about it one day if/when you actually manage to make some good progress with your trading.

if your getting swamped with information overload, you could do worse than looking at the 3 ducks strategy for a reminder that trading doesnt need to be complicated. it doesnt get much simpler than that, & only takes a few mins to explain - but pls dont mistake simple for easy, the execution of the strategy is the hard part. (note: i have no connection with the 3 ducks system / owner, & i do not trade it).

g/l.

Thank you very much Peter, it's awfully nice of you to say so.

Excellence.

These lulz are of the same calibur of the black swan fan fiction post... I always dreamed of being a single Nic guy in a trading forum.

Please 1000 points for anyone who can find that fan fiction post for me :cheesy:

these are fair questions WSW, but i am afraid you are wasting your time asking jungerns - he doesnt know. part time he buys signals, his full time job is to talk nonsense, some of it comes as advice to newbies.

imo benj needs to take a step back, read the links provided by liquid v and at least read up on some background information about the markets he intends to trade, the market participants etc, & if hes sticking with fx then a good place to start is gammajammers articles:
FX Market Participants

he should post a demo trade early in his journey, every now and again, based on the material hes been reading & whatever style he thinks he may like, so that ppl can comment on.

benj - no more mention of the Eu/stephen trade, i promise. you will be laughing about it one day if/when you actually manage to make some good progress with your trading.

if your getting swamped with information overload, you could do worse than looking at the 3 ducks strategy for a reminder that trading doesnt need to be complicated. it doesnt get much simpler than that, & only takes a few mins to explain - but pls dont mistake simple for easy, the execution of the strategy is the hard part. (note: i have no connection with the 3 ducks system / owner, & i do not trade it).

g/l.

Well thank your lucky stars than my usual success has brought me time in the Maldives from this coming Sunday and continued success will be on hold for a couple weeks....

Will be sure to send you a postcard ole boy, sorry loser......jub jub :LOL::LOL:

Good post. But Why should one risk 5 k on 300 k account.

it was just a hypothetical example.

But, now that I think of it better, 5k is around 1.5%, whereas to make 400k in 2 years, a good amount of leverage needs to be used, and probably a risk/trade of 5%, which is 15k risk/trade, which is even better for my point :cheesy:

as i said, the fail of this thread will be huge, and sooner or later benji will stop posting because he will start losing, and start losing a lot. And then this thread will go on in the archives as yet another failed attempt of a cocky-ego-driven-wannabe Livermore newbie...

Right, morning whoevers here. Cleared my head yesterday afternoon by going out on my bike - quality. Dunno if any of you lot do cycling, but when the Tour de france comes round, my bike always gets dusted off. Only problem is, the lycra doesnt fit quite as well nowadays :LOL:. Stupid little ASBO sh1ts were yellin abuse at me when i went through the estate - if i wasnt going so fast i wouldve turned round and "sparked" them right out!

Did more reading about Trend following last night, but buying high and selling low just doesnt feel right, so instead im going to buy low and sell high. Basically trade "support" and "resistance" with pins, seems simple enough (y). Will do a small stakes trade today putting my new system into action! As recommended by Jungrens, ill post up the price and time before entering. Any haters out there who think it's a sh1t trade, guess what, i dont care! Fight on.

Good trading to you all.

Rocky Balboa Speech - Motivation - YouTube

Hi benj1981. Just discovered this thread. I'm new to trading too having opened my first account of a massive £100 3 months ago. I applaud your positivity. I can't see why your goals cant be achieved. My account is up 73% after the 3 months and going strong. It strikes me that there are a lot of "legendary members" who turned out to be failures at trading and just stay on these forums to criticize others. They're probably grumpy old retirees who just sit at their computers to avoid their wives. Keep up the good work.

Good trading to you!

FX Market Participants

g/l.

Thanks for the advice RSH, knew you were alright really. Ill have a look at the stuff you said about today - much appreaciated.

Good trading to you.

Friendly word of caution.

I went down the road you intend some 15 years ago, full of eagerness and invincibility, just how hard could it really be I asked myself. Its a piece of cake and off I went to make make my millions.

To cut as long long story short I lost my first pot, re-grouped and off I went again, blew my second pot, nearly £30K down the swanny. I had the sense though to keep working whilst I started as I had a young family at the time.

By this time, I'd learnt the errors of my ways, and moved on positively, eventually succeeding in trading full time as my sole income.

It can be done, but it won't be as easy as you think, I have seen many a similiar thread on here, needless to say, their not around any more, and that's not because they have made their millions.

Keep your job, develop your trading plan and strategy and trade a micro account for 3 months at 10p a pip with a view to see how you get on, before trading for a living, take an honest review of what happened before cutting of your income stream and entering the lions den.

Maybe ill be different though, you dont know. I think your advice comes from a good place, ie not hater, so cheers. The work's drying up so cant do it full time anymore, which is why trading's perfect, becasue if i get good and quick, money will start flowing in replacing what i was earning as a spark. I know it wont be easy, but ive done a lot of reading in the last few days, and have calmed down some of my expectations (didnt trade yesterday as it was too early). Stay tuned.

Good trading to you.

Attachments

• cable_too early.gif
    cable_too early.gif
    48.6 KB · Views: 123
I know you won't listen to haters - so try this:

Rocky's the best because he gets beaten a lot but he always gets up! So make your aim to get as much experience as possible. And the only way that you'll do that is by betting small. There's a proverb in Go: "Lose your first fifty games as quickly as possible". And it's the same in forex - 'lose your first 50 fifty bets as cheaply as possible'. And the only way that'll happen is if you start with small, small amounts!

I know you won't listen to haters - so try this:

Rocky's the best because he gets beaten a lot but he always gets up! So make your aim to get as much experience as possible. And the only way that you'll do that is by betting small. There's a proverb in Go: "Lose your first fifty games as quickly as possible". And it's the same in forex - 'lose your first 50 fifty bets as cheaply as possible'. And the only way that'll happen is if you start with small, small amounts!

I like the Rocky analogy (y). Thanks a lot for your advice, noted.

Welcome to T2W forum too, the best traders are here, and i WILL (tip of hat to Patricia) join them one day.

Good trading to you.