My, €4.1k to €227k in 2 years, journal.

what is a fixed fractional approach?

It's when you risk a constant % of your account on each trade. For example, If I have a £1,000 balance, and I decide to risk 1% (£1000*0.01=£10) per trade, then depending on whether the trade turns out to be a winner or loser, I'll either be risking more or less on the next trade. This approach scales up your size during good times, and scales down your size during bad times, due to the fact, as in the example, I'm always risking 1% of my account.

GTTY

It's when you risk a constant % of your account on each trade. For example, If I have a £1,000 balance, and I decide to risk 1% (£1000*0.01=£10) per trade, then depending on whether the trade turns out to be a winner or loser, I'll either be risking more or less on the next trade. This approach scales up your size during good times, and scales down your size during bad times, due to the fact, as in the example, I'm always risking 1% of my account.

GTTY

From what I have seen, you are actually profitable..what about putting more capital into your account to speed up the scale up? Or finding investing partners?

From what I have seen, you are actually profitable..what about putting more capital into your account to speed up the scale up? Or finding investing partners?

To be honest, there haven't been many trades, which meet my criteria for this method, therefore the progress has been a bit slow. However, that'll change when volatility picks up.

GTTY.

New trade...

Attachments

• moresilver.png
    moresilver.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 229
Over a year and youre still here trying! Account +
Despite the odds!
Despite the pizztakers yada yada yada.

Reckon you might do ok.;)

GL

Hi everybody,

I recently was lucky enough to be invited to one of IG's Forex seminars, and i'll tell you what; it really opened my eyes!! I've been working as an electrician for the last 15 years, and as nice and regular the cash is, it's not going to make me a millionaire. But, after going to that seminar, i've realised trading could! Yes, i know only a small % actually end up making it, but i think i've got what it takes.

I intend to spend 2 months learning everything i can from free sources (everyone on here's saying you're a mug for paying for training - so that many traders can't be wrong!) from the internet, which I'll also document on this journal, but if it's going really well, i might start trading much sooner.

I've got £5k saved up for my new career, but i will still be doing some spark work on the side if and when needed. I've got a mortgage and a young family - so no pressure! :LOL: But seriously, i wouldn't be doing this if i didn't think i could do it. Confidence is everything, and i don't see why trading will be any different.

Right, onwards and upwards with the challenge. The learning has begun....

From €4.1k to €227k in 2 years can be done if you know how to, I know two guys who've done it a few times. The first guy started with $2000 and at peak time he nearly made $800,000 before dropping back to $600,000 in less than 8 months. The second guy started with $300 and he took more that $100,000, the nearest attempt for him from May - Mid-June with $250 and up to $26,000. The problem with you and me is that you need a strong heart once you bet 10 lots above you will feel the pain. Good luck to you

From €4.1k to €227k in 2 years can be done if you know how to, I know two guys who've done it a few times. The first guy started with $2000 and at peak time he nearly made $800,000 before dropping back to $600,000 in less than 8 months. The second guy started with $300 and he took more that $100,000, the nearest attempt for him from May - Mid-June with $250 and up to $26,000. The problem with you and me is that you need a strong heart once you bet 10 lots above you will feel the pain. Good luck to you

Thanks for the post buddy, interesting stuff! Stay tooned!

GTTY

Fed and the usual volatility in under 6 hours, maybe this can survive til then...

GTTA

Attachments

• Hi-ho.png
    Hi-ho.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 221
With all the stresses that the market place brings, I think now's a fitting time to relax, chill, kick back, and listen to some Alexander O'Neal :cool:

Let's let the market do it's thing, and whateva the result is, we'll accept it. :love:

GTTA

Yo Julian, like this one??

This has been the first thread I've read upon stumbling on this forum, and all I got to say is well done Benj... remember there will always be haters, there will always be doubters, but there will always be you proving them wrong.

Ofcourse most times people over exaggerate their abilitys, as demonstrated perfectly by the TV show the X-Factor, however, if you have genuine belief in yourself, and you have reason for this belief then heck - why not, one life eh?

Also, it looks like you've been consistent and made a profit, so as long as you keep studying hard, developing your experience and using the doubter's boring drivel as fuel for your fire of motivation I don't see why you shouldn't succeed.

Hat off to your sir and good luck

Last edited:
This has been the first thread I've read upon stumbling on this forum, and all I got to say is well done Benj... remember there will always be haters, there will always be doubters, but there will always be you proving them wrong.

Ofcourse most times people over exaggerate their abilitys, as demonstrated perfectly by the TV show the X-Factor, however, if you have genuine belief in yourself, and you have reason for this belief then heck - why not, one life eh?

Also, it looks like you've been consistent and made a profit, so as long as you keep studying hard, developing your experience and using the doubter's boring drivel as fuel for your fire of motivation I don't see why you shouldn't succeed.

Hat off to your sir and good luck

Thanks buddy 4 ur kind words. Gotta keep fightin! Stay tooned!

GTTY.