MultiCharts 2

watson

Dear All,

I've noticed a few threads mentioning MultiCharts. I can't, however, do a full search as the search facility seems broken for me at the moment (for example, even entering "FTSE" returns no results!).

Anyhow, I note from the MultiCharts web site http://www.tssupport.com/products/multicharts/ that v2 has recently been released, and to my (possible uneducated) eye looks pretty good. The price is $499 for the no support option.

Does anyone have any experience with MultiCharts? I like the idea of being able to use TradeStation EasyLanguage, but it would be a deal-breaker if this doesn't have full compatibility. Also, you can feed OpenTick data into MultiCharts apparently, which would seem to be useful as you could get real-time NYSE and NASDAQ for $2 per month (assuming the system works, and of course I haven't tested it's reliability).

Anyone care to comment?

I looked at Multicharts as an option to get away from the TS data constraints regarding quality and markets available to TS8. To claim full compatability is a bit much as the EL code does need some adjusting on multicharts particularly if you are used to using the graphical ability in TS8 via EL.
TS have some cracking products however and I now use Owndata2, the latest version solves all the previous issues with getting 3rd party data into TS 8.2 . I also bought the datalink to allow live prices to be pulled into excel.

TWI - thanks so much for posting. Sorry to not respond earlier. I tried out the trial, and to be honest did not have much success. The biggest problem is that I found is that it was very slow. It also seems to a bit counter-intuitive with working with data. However, some good functions and a nice interface.

I didn't get to try out the EL compatibility, as I had already decided it wasn't really for me...

Thanks again.

MC trial

Hi Watson, I'm in trial right now and I agree it is not terribly intuitive and I haven't tried importing any TS files. I guess I will keep my old faithful, Amibroker which is more intuitive and keeps getting better plus with adding Patternexplorer it becomes a very nice package. I also have TS2000i and it would be gluttony to add MC. Cheers, Ken

Hi Ken, welcome to T2W! Multicharts may be promising in the future, but to be honest even though my PC is a bit ancient, Multicharts was so slow as to be unusable. TS2000i seems to be pretty good though!

Hello!
I'm new here. Thanks to everybody for this great discussion place.
I agree, TS2000i is good enough intuitive tool.
As for Multicharts, it's quite open to any data provider you would like to use, but it really has definite problems with efficiency.

thanks

I know that this thread is kind of old, but still I thought that I might still contribute to this discussion of MultiCharts. Indeed, it might not always perfectly efficient but there have been a number of previous improvements. If you're still interested, check out this post on tssupport forum: http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=4200

How To Import Owndata2 To Ts

I looked at Multicharts as an option to get away from the TS data constraints regarding quality and markets available to TS8. To claim full compatability is a bit much as the EL code does need some adjusting on multicharts particularly if you are used to using the graphical ability in TS8 via EL.
TS have some cracking products however and I now use Owndata2, the latest version solves all the previous issues with getting 3rd party data into TS 8.2 . I also bought the datalink to allow live prices to be pulled into excel.

Hello
I would appreciate your help, I am trying to import my ascii data into TS 8.3, using owndata 2, any ahelp aould be appreciated. I downloaded the data into owndata2 but when I open TS I am not able to open the charts or locate the data