mudskipper's journal

nice! glad to see you're following. I'm off to work tonight so will be out of here shortly. stops are at BE now that we are in this chop again. we'll see how it goes. I'm in a short scalp from earlier still. left for a cigar, and it was a pip off my TP so babysitting it now. moral of the story, don't leave for a stog when you are scalping...

LOL

How about the moral of the story is give up the cigars?

They're BAD for you.

Right, I'm going for a smoke.

In a bit.

too wait or not to wait. 113.34. EU break even. done for the day.
from post 22: "SHORT EUR/USD AND EUR/JPY NOW
entry 2417 and 113.87

tp 2290 AND 113.30
SL 2455 AND 114.31"

EU lowest at 1.2294, profit taken, fraction of lots left on table to run, stopped at +1pip
EJ met

Attachments

• ejmay19.3.jpg
    ejmay19.3.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 154
  • EU may 19 call.jpg
    EU may 19 call.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 159
new set-up watching today. no details yet.
? buy limit at blue line?

Buy Limit order entered at 2445.
SL 2410.
TP 2515 as initial. want to set this one free at that point, will leave some lots on the table to run with a BE stop loss.
then 2591, then 2745ish are good possible targets after that

Attachments

• may19.eu.jpg
    may19.eu.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
just a thought, not sure if others ever feel this but:

the support is so obvious, placing a tight stop under support will only lead to being stopped out, by those bigger players looking to scalp some quick profits before reversing things back up. I wonder if zooming into a 5 minute chart is the way to go if support is broken, then waiting for the breakout above again AND the retest, before taking this trade. You wonder at this point if this will be the case. Then you wonder if you do sit on the sidelines, will there be an aggresive bounce that one would end up chasing??

TODAYS POST START AT #24

just a thought, not sure if others ever feel this but:

it seems the support is so obvious, placing a tight stop under support will only lead to being stopped out, by those bigger players looking to scalp some quick profits before reversing things back up. I wonder if zooming into a 5 minute chart is the way to go if support is broken, then waiting for the breakout above again AND the retest, before taking this trade. You wonder at this point if this will be the case. Then you wonder if you do sit on the sidelines, will there be an aggresive bounce that one would end up chasing??

then there's the question...is my support line wrong? should I get in now? see last candle. see blue circles.
I think I have done this many times in the past, ended up with a decent drawdown waiting, only to end up worrying for hours then being right in the end, however these can be the ones where you feel so right, you'll let it come against you until you get margin called? anyone done that? its really sucks, and you'll probably pull it off a couple of times in your career, as I have done. Lets not let that happen here.

Attachments

• EU thoughts may20.jpg
    EU thoughts may20.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
u dont have any idea how to trade. this is my bad message 4 u !

there is a good message too.
u dont need any idea.
u ve to look 4 the temporary top and the temporary low of every time series of prices.
That s it. Instead of talk-talk-talk u ve to look-look-look !
isnt easy enuf 4 u ?

HOWTO u may ask. look 4 SHS and its inverted SHS.

Re: u dont have any idea how to trade. this is my bad message 4 u !

u dont need any idea.
u ve to look 4 the temporary top and the temporary low of every time series of prices.
isnt easy enuf 4 u ?

hey! that's cool. If this is all that's wrong with me then I've got it made in this life. I can't imagine how difficult things must be for you with your irrational thoughts and behaviour. Sorry for your misfortune.

Re: u dont have any idea how to trade. this is my bad message 4 u !

u dont need any idea.
isnt easy enuf 4 u ?

Here's an idea. How about you give the guy a break? He made a good call, with good reasoning behind the trade idea, rather than spouting an esoteric number series that leads you to brazenly conclude the Euro has bottomed...right before it nosedived.

Mudskipper: I repped you last night because you made a good call at a good level (that has since moved up around 200 pips from where you called it). You also had a very interesting insight that it took me a lot longer to reach.

Keep up the good work.

"because you made a good call at a good level ", the order wasnt filled

level and time were wrong !
trader_dante, u ve to read carefully .u r not proofing any contents.

"20100520, 9:32pm #26 mudskipper
? buy limit at blue line?
Buy Limit order entered at 2445. SL 2410. TP 2515
as initial. want to set this one free at that point,
will leave some lots on the table to run with a BE stop loss.
then 2591, then 2745ish are good possible targets after that"

there is a head and shoulders pattern on the hourly eur/usd now if anyone trades these. we are essentially testing the breakout of the neckline now. nice profit target if it pans out

current trade on. short from here to 2150. stop 2303.

ps. not based off h+s. i'll post them for others but they are too subjective so I hardly trade them.

Attachments

• eur.usd.may25.jpg
    eur.usd.may25.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 146
thanks! I thought so too. stopped just now. will watch for failures to the upside here.

its funny you know, I had a buy stop at the current level as well and ended up thinking, why am I even thinking about going long here in this market..so I removed it. now that my resistance may become support, it's another short term possibility.