Mr Spread Betting is back, be careful everyone

Thats quite a list there......an interesting one that I see on here is the James16 one. I studied that method when I first started trading back in 2006 Never saw anything negative or him charging $$ I mean I know he has a separate website that you can join if you wish but it is rarely,if ever, mentioned on the forum....you kind of have to know the website even exists to find it......I never joined it due to the fact that all the stuff on the website is the same stuff on their thread and one of the mods of it told me that. I may even still have an email from him ........he basically said " there is really no need to join the website as everything on the forum is the same , the only difference is that we do webinars once in a while so I would just save your money " ........... Someone must not have been happy with it I guess since it ended up on the list.

Alexander,

You are putting a bit too much thought into this. Robertson doesn't have 6 million, 8 million or 11 million. He just says this to fool gullible people into believing he is a rich trader. The last we heard he was living in a 120k house in Blantyre outside Glasgow. The guy is a con man.

Well assuming he had 8million, I dont think it would be good idea to keep it in ISA or saving accounts.

After tax, the interest rates are usually measly and you will be left with roughly 2.8% which I suppose isnt all THAT bad. However a smart investor would diversify his portfolio and look into possibilities like Time Deposits/CD, maybe Bonds and etc where the net yeild is roughly 5.5% at this time; send a little to an offshore account, invest into REAL estate. Specially in London, I mean really, in East london Aldgate area you buy an appartment and your set almost guranteed to see price shoot up within the years.

Also decrease the amount of tax owned to HMRC, contribute into a pension fund and watch that tax work to your advantage, watch your NETWORTH go up etc. That 8 million he had would have been turned into 10-12million on the Balance Sheet had he actually managed his "theoretical" wealth.

Thats quite a list there......an interesting one that I see on here is the James16 one. I studied that method when I first started trading back in 2006 Never saw anything negative or him charging $$ I mean I know he has a separate website that you can join if you wish but it is rarely,if ever, mentioned on the forum....you kind of have to know the website even exists to find it......I never joined it due to the fact that all the stuff on the website is the same stuff on their thread and one of the mods of it told me that. I may even still have an email from him ........he basically said " there is really no need to join the website as everything on the forum is the same , the only difference is that we do webinars once in a while so I would just save your money " ........... Someone must not have been happy with it I guess since it ended up on the list.

I think things like that probably contribute to the fact that it seems better regarded than most. I don't accuse him of being a scammer, and he doesn't use the silly sales tactics that a lot of vendors do.

It's just my own opinion that he doesn't trade successfully.

A few? :LOL:

J16 divides opinion I think.

My opinion though is that he's an educator, and so can't trade. Obviously, this is my opinion, I can't prove it.

But a member posted something here not long ago that makes me certain that I was right. He said that J16 posted a statement for one month on his forum showing good profitability and what appears to be pretty solid trading. The statement apparently seemed genuine, and I don't doubt that it was.

This has convinced me that he is a marketer and not a trader.

Didnt TraderDante start off by taking some of the J16 stuff and evolving
it into the Pinbar thread. Not having a pop at Tom as ive met him but the
marketing these days evolves from IB's to Pin Bars as they are the easiest
to pass off as a trading system and easiest to believe when put in front
of new traders wanting to learn trading. Just the teaching of trading moving
on from moving average crossovers from years back. This has now moved on
to flow trading as the next big thing.

Also reminds me of a a family friend 15 years older than me who works as a head
trader with 25 guys under him working at Bank of Montreal. He said the only time
he puts a trade on is when friends from big banks give him the heads up their gonna
place a large order and he tries to front run it. Still loses 3 or 4 times but just one trade
will make enough to make the big profits and he knows what his losses on each can be to make
the big one work.

Ged

Last edited:
For some reason, I completely missed this Senen Pousa thing. The thread's 290 pages long, I think I just missed the beginning of it and when I saw it it had been going on too long to catch up. I seem to have seen around that it's a pretty big scam though?

According to press reports they took over $100 million and promptly lost 63% of it. The authorities have frozen Pousa's accounts and are investigating. However he's still running the scam trying to get more people involved.

Return of the Jeffo -where's Mr Spreadbetting/David Robertson/Jefferson thread gone?

Sorry if the original thread is around, I could not find it.

As we know ol' Davey trades all products/techniques/styles (ninja/cowboy/desert storm), he transcends all trading categories, malarkeys & thingamajiggies and thus belongs, i reckon, in a general trading chat section.....

Anyways back to Jeffo/Robbo, & here's wassup:

https://twitter.com/FxJefferson/status/236060146772627456

Enjoy the show.

Attachments

• Jeffo.bmp
    834.1 KB · Views: 266

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 7.43.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 7.43.18 AM.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 260
You should see the results of his new fund. Someone just posted the link on Donna forum:

http://pamm.hotforex.com/en/fund-manager-details.html?l=58974123512456235462810&usermode=0

Jeff

:LOL:

Can't be him. That account is BluepipsFX. If it was his it would be BluepapsFX.

There is a good lesson in that shot actually.

25 trades in 2 days.

83.5% win rate.

This would appeal to many people, because they want a lot of action and they want to win regularly. But:

In two days he's managed to lose over 44% of his account. Even though out of 25 trades he's won 21. Average win is $47, average loss is $250. On average, he takes profits at 5 paps. :LOL:

This is standard for this kind of thing, and demonstrates how these chumps work. It also shows why win rate is meaningless.

No webinar just a new managed account and a private chat room. Seem some members got booted out today of the chat room? Anyway he started a 3K managed account and in one day equity is 500 bucks!!

Are you sure he restricted you or did he close it down? It seems other members cant access it too.

Jeff