Mr.Charts

Status
Not open for further replies.
dvdh said:
You should see a little further then. When I read his posts, I don't feel like he's trying to get my money for a course. He doesn't need it. I'm sure.

But exactly these kind of discussions are the reason he isn't posting anymore.
Guys, Seancass asked a simple question, and what happens? Negative people come in and start to criticise Richard. Because IMO, you're just jealous he's doing a better job than you are.
And what's wrong with asking money for a course. Are you gonna tell us exactly what you're doing when you're making money consistently. Are you gonna give it away for free? NO!

-Dave. :eek:

So we should all shut up and not express our opinions just to keep Richard happy? I find it difficult to believe that he no longer posts here and on other sites just because thebramble was reinstated. Just seems too much of a coincidence that he stops posting and then starts charging for his own site. Perhaps it is just a coincidence but I remember another person doing the exact same thing a few years ago.

Why was he put off by negative posters? He had a private board here, so could choose who was allowed access. Every forum I have looked at has an open discussion about other members and most are more negative than here.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with him charging for his services but why didn't he just say he has left here to start his own subscription site?

wasp said:
.......... As far as I could see, MrCharts were majoritively aimed at promoting his 'training' rather than general trading views//knowledge/opinions, which is IMO, what the site is about. Posting charts and explanations after the event, with explanations wittled down to 'micro-analysis' and no details, helps no one unless you are a student of his.

I don't doubt eithers knowledge and I don't know much about the problems which caused his original banning, but from someone looking to learn, discuss, share opinions and help others, I welcome the current situation.

IMO
I have the view contrary to yours with regard to his posting of charts and explanations after the event according to his exclusive frame of reference. All of these ought to have been very useful indeed to the great majority of members and visitors.

He and I never disagree, ever, even though our viewpoints are different but the results are identical. It is not a mutual admiration society we are talking about here, just that we absolutely concur on many things, even though our methodologies are vastly different.
The same is the case with Alan Rich.

There have been many examples in the past in which he has posted an unfinished chart and posted a challenge as to what the membership thought would develop next. I have never had any difficulties in reading his charts accurately and arriving at the correct conclusion, like him, and in advance of the subsequent market action unfolding, but through my exclusive route, which is not his. This has happened many times.

I have then felt obligated to explain, by very tightly restricting my explanation to, and in simple mechanical terms that anyone can understand, the significance of each twist and turn leading to the final result. This I have done frequently both with charts of current action, past action and action not yet completed.

Again, both sets of results have always been deadly accurate in their conclusions and we never disagree.

So, many of these postings of his accompanied by charts have been explained by him in terms of microanalysis etc,. and then explained by me in terms of P+T+V + I. Therefore if they were not understood in terms of microanalysis they were understood in terms of Supply / Demand, Volume and Intent.

If they had not at the time been understood very clearly by all members and visitors who looked at them, either he or I would have been indundated with questions. This never happened. then obviously the explanations were made very clear, not just from one perspective, but two. This reinforces the validity of independent scrutiny, borne out of two diverse methodologies.

Incidentally he and I are just very good friends and that is it. He is not my student and I am not his. We have a perfect basis of mutual respect and do not pick each others brains. The same applies to our mutual friend Alan Rich.This is because we do not need to, and do not particularly want to. But we do agree all of it is obvious, but you have to be looking at it through the correct goggles in order to be able to percieve it properly.

His departure from these boards is a very great loss to you all.

As for my part, I am not interested in teaching or mentoring anyone at all, or to promote or subscribe to anyones' schemes, or to get involved with cooperation in anything with any member, so my statement above is to be taken in the spirit in which it is offered, which is one of simple and plain verification.

dvdh said:
And the reason Mr. Charts doesn't post on T2W anymore is because a really negative member ran sort of a hate campaign against a couple of people including him. Because of that he got banned from the forum and now he's on parole again. ( as they call it here on T2W). Richard doesn't agree with this, which I can't blame him for! So that's why he's not posting anymore.
I wasn't going to get involved in this thread for obvious reasons.

However, after dvdh's post - I did PM Dave on this, but his response indicates I will probably do better to make a public offering.

For the record:-

The only member, as far as I am aware, who has ever been 'on parole' on this board is me. So it's quite clear who you are referring to in your post and that it was me who Richard must have been talking to you about.

I wasn't banned for anything to do with Richard, but for a one-off incident with one of the moderators.

I am no longer 'on parole'.

I was publicly critical on these boards of many of Richard's antics and also sent some PMs to him - 3 or 4? None of which were (and I stand to be corrected) abusive to any major extent - just critical. I have never sent Richard any anonymous nasties of any kind.

It's a pity Richard decided to try and tie in my return with his departure when there was no direct or logical basis for him to so do. I'm sorry the result wasn't more in line with his expectations. Whatever they may have been.

It's equally a pity we have yet another case of a guru displaying the sort of behaviour that we would not normally associate with those who apparently have it all together sufficiently to have the right to advise others on how to conduct themselves.

Dave - you have a good reputation as a bright and intelligent trader - yet to involve yourself in this silliness - and to do so without checking any of the facts - does not do you justice.

Your loyalty to Richard is admirable, but your ability to assess facts impartially would have been more creditable, and possibly more useful to you, as a trader.

Bigbusiness said:
So we should all shut up and not express our opinions just to keep Richard happy? I find it difficult to believe that he no longer posts here and on other sites just because thebramble was reinstated. Just seems too much of a coincidence that he stops posting and then starts charging for his own site. Perhaps it is just a coincidence but I remember another person doing the exact same thing a few years ago.

Why was he put off by negative posters? He had a private board here, so could choose who was allowed access. Every forum I have looked at has an open discussion about other members and most are more negative than here.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with him charging for his services but why didn't he just say he has left here to start his own subscription site?
I will venture to explain to you Bigbusiness ( and I feel certain Richard will concur with me althouth I have not consulted him in depth) that you do not understand it because you are viewing it according to your own frame of reference, which is not his. His frame of reference is very different. That is why he has left these boards, even though you might consider perhaps it to be a selfish act or stimulated by self interest, which is not the case at all.

What is the case, is that he now considers, that by following the route he is currently following, the demands on his valuable time and effort are considerably less, with the added bonus of not having to become involved in endless closed loop stupid arguments and other frustrations, as he, in contradistinction to me, is still at the final stages of blind generosity, which, with the passage of time and the acquisition of experience in dealing with the public eventually is made to dry up completely.

This burden of blind generosity is a heavy load that anyone who has valuable knowledge and expertise feels compelled to carry, and to bountifully and open heartedly attempt to distribute for whatever reasons and by whatever means until one day something happens to cause the individual to snap and not do it anymore.

This realisation, does not land immediately. It takes time for it to prepare itself. You could say that this realisation arrives by degrees, so infinitesally small as not to be consciously clocked until the sum total cannot be ignored, and the rubber band snaps.

You could say that these realisations arrive in series of experiences, and each of these contains a major realisation.Each of these major realisations is a major event for the recipient. The ultimate, inevitable result of all the realisations waiting to land is disconnection. This ultimate disconnection is a huge loss to all who want to learn, whether on an individual and personal basis they are deserving of it or not.

dvdh said:
Guys,

......................................And the reason Mr. Charts doesn't post on T2W anymore is because a really negative member ran sort of a hate campaign against a couple of people including him. Because of that he got banned from the forum and now he's on parole again. ( as they call it here on T2W). Richard doesn't agree with this, which I can't blame him for! So that's why he's not posting anymore...........................................

-Dave.

Just for the sake of accuracy, the member dvdh refers to was not banned because of any alleged "hate campaign". It is true that Richard (Mr Charts) objected to that member's return because of past antagonisms and did state that as his main reason for leaving T2W.

jon

barjon said:
Just for the sake of accuracy, the member dvdh refers to was not banned because of any alleged "hate campaign". It is true that Richard (Mr Charts) objected to that member's return because of past antagonisms and did state that as his main reason for leaving T2W.

jon

this thread is covering old ground and the original question has been answered.
Why not put it to bed, all agreed say I "i"

For those of you that have seen the Matrix 2 or 3.

Does anybody draw similarities between Scrotates and the Architect

'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Architect: Hello, Neo.
Neo: Who are you?
The Architect: I am the Architect. I created the Matrix. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions, and although the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant.'

Why am I here?
The Architect: Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
Neo: You haven't answered my question.
The Architect: Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

Its him!

samtron said:
this thread is covering old ground and the original question has been answered.
Why not put it to bed, all agreed say I "i"

good thought, samtron. i've closed it.

jon

Status
Not open for further replies.