Mr Cat learns to trade

Euro tested 14912 twice.... past 33 seems to me where the action will be.

Should I buy in cheap... ie 120 and double at say 135?

buy signal on 2min and 1 min.... waiting to see what happens at 112

Stalled at 914

Bought Euro at 149.19 ??? Stop at 149. Risk $19.

Looks like stoopid computer is going to jam lol. Checking price I got on for.

Stoopid computer.

Anyhow stopped out. Loss $19. No way its that much with better PC. Oh well.

$16.00 Up 2 Losses 1 Win

Gotta set the stops tighter. Get risk under $10. at kickoff.

Note to self - re methodology.

On the breakout - broader stops are a bad choice. If it falls back as per the last deals the stop is gone. I may as well micro manage them and have them set at min.

Im treating this move north as a trend now ...

Emotional

Feeling annoyed to hash last two deals betting breaks that didn't happen. Or happened without the momentum. Paid to much for each punt too. Need to be careful i don't try and make it up. The market does NOT owe me a deal lol.

bought stop back to 80 - 14 risk

price is 87.... the choice is whether to protect the position. Already 1.4% risk though. Deal is alive at 93.
Sold at 91after a big dip and recover and another dip.

Loss -3 ..... 13 Up 3 losses 1 winner

Good to minimise loss. Stay out for a while. This wasn't a bad deal. and I am have ended it prematurely.

Last edited:
Todays scores + 53, - 18, -19. -3.

Maybe gotta watch what I do with risk while i am ahead. How do i reinvest profits. Don't waste it with broad stops rather take a number of very low cost positions get ahead on one, then invest in it. After it is in the black.

Average loss is 13 thus far which is too high.

For what it's worth in this market I think you are trading ridiculously. Liquidity is tight, next flow is king, 20 point moves are just noise intraday. Think you are making life hard for yourself trying to pick up nickels in front of bulldozers here.

GJ

Thanks for the advice. As I have no idea what i am doing i will take ridiculous as a compliment. The nickles and bulldozers thing i didn't really understand. Anyhow.

In at 149.11 stop 4903 risk = 8

stop moved to 911 - freerolling

stop filled - Nil

Last edited:
Not a great day +13 so another draw for 0.

Profit - 13/1000 (Rating Draw -0, 0)

1 Win - Ave 53
3 Loss - Ave 13
1 Even

Adjustment for tommorow. Keep average losses low.

I appreciate what you are saying I think. Still I'm up in my paper drill 3.5% and 1.3%, neither of which I see as great results.

Your probably right though.

Cheers Rob

In at 149.48 stop set at 38 risk 10

Pull stop back to 28 (price 56) Risk 2%

Move stop to 149.60 12 locked in (price 76)

Stopped out +12

Last edited:
To reduce risk. My plan is to be in the, market when it breaks. If it breaks and retracts it seems it will take out a long stop as often as a short one.

anyhow in at 148.75 stop at 50 2.5% risk.

Jammer you heckled me into a longer stop - lets hope I have got a bargain. lol

Last edited: