Mr Cat learns to trade

There it is in the mirror - self destructiveness. I am glad that i have had the wisdom to paper trade.

Oh well. Draw a line under that. Ac Equity 1000. Max Risk 5%. Here goes.

i have - a system, record keeping, ideas on what I want to do, some specific problems to solve.

Oh well. Draw a line under that. Ac Equity 1000. Max Risk 5%. Here goes.

i have - a system, record keeping, ideas on what I want to do, some specific problems to solve.

Nkay enough self flagellation. Adjust to account for the psychology that caused the meltdown. -> too goal orientated. Need to get a much more "hunter gatherer" vibe to the system rather than a clock on clock off vibe.

maybe the game is 1000-> or bust. The design principle needs to be about playing hard with profit. Ist 100 is more conservitive. if im +5 then be more agressive. Expect big losses, and more big wins. Use the basic patterns that have been working but scaled bigger.

Anyhow 0-1

Im up to 1200.

i read somewhere here that simple moving avarages arn't great for when the market is trading rather than trending.

Last edited:
I need to think through a money management and trading system that I can live with..... i am sort of reeling from my blowout. It means what I was doing was badly designed in terms of the trader/market system.

I think the problem is that I have limited time, and it is irregular so i am sitting down trying to make money whateveer - getting away from selection. Also the simple moving average story really only works on a solid trend. You get in just as the signal is getting ready to fail.

Im gonna try setting stops using hourly pivot point R2 or S2, then pace it in at say min 3% max 10% +or - pofit or loss.

This is a selective strategy, and aI will try using market entry orders. What I was doing before i will put away as a tool to be sharpened

Anyhow figured the blowout.... makes sense. Anyhow gonna take a break, clear the decks and schedule some time to do this rather than doing it in the gaps, and multitasking.