Missing

I can't remember another case just like this one.

I can.

Reminds me very much of that Australian couple a few years back. They were on a camping holiday when their baby was taken from their tent by a dingo.

They too ended up getting accused of her murder. It was a news story that travelled all over the world for some reason.

I think after many years they were eventually proved innocent after some of the childs clothing was found in the outback.

Don't think their marriage survived it though.

dd

I expect the film rights are already being negotiated....hopefully there will be multiple choice endings...then everyone will be happy right !....:rolleyes: ...sod the truth...just make it up.

I expect the film rights are already being negotiated....hopefully there will be multiple choice endings...then everyone will be happy right !....:rolleyes: ...sod the truth...just make it up.

Yeah, people will probably be talking about this years from now.

Just hope pictures of her don't start turning up on the PC hard disk drives of some of these paedo's that get caught every now and then.

dd

Last edited:
...sod the truth...just make it up.
I think you're onto it. I'm not fully convnced that isn't what happens already anyway and probably always has. We just sometimes prefer to buy into someone else's 'truth' than go to the effort of constructing one of our own that we can fully believe in.

Bad taste joke anyone....

The latest update from leading car manufacturer ...it features a larger boot...if interested ask for the Renault Mccann

I expect the film rights are already being negotiated....hopefully there will be multiple choice endings...then everyone will be happy right !.... ...sod the truth...just make it up.

I would suggest that the performance of the Portuguese police thus far might be more suited to a Pantomime than a full scale movie.

Although that is a staggeringly high number, i think i have heard a similar number quoted for Europe alone.

There was a report on the news last night ...unrelated ....that said ...people trafficking is the fastest growing crime in the U S A

Something is not quite right about the whole story right from the start IMO.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would be capable of withstanding such intense media & police pressure without cracking if they were guilty. But then, what about OJ .....

I really sympathise with the McGann's if they are not guilty of anything sinister. But then they shouldn't have left a toddler alone in the first place.....

Last edited:
Well this is such a high profile case now that it would be foolish indeed if the Portugese authorities tried any kind of "fit up"....scrutineers everywhere....
So I believe that if the McCanns are charged then the evidence must necessarily be strong in order to bring the charges in the first place....

Yes, the parents did not use the supervised creche facilities at the holiday resort when they went out on the p**s.

Instead they left 3 helpless infants in a room all on their own while they proceeded to whoop it up more than 100 metres away...out of sight, out of sound contact and possibly out of their heads.

That is what is not quite right about the whole thing...3 infants all 4 years old or less, Home Alone.

Yes, the parents did not use the supervised creche facilities at the holiday resort when they went out on the p**s.

Instead they left 3 helpless infants in a room all on their own while they proceeded to whoop it up more than 100 metres away...out of sight, out of sound contact and possibly out of their heads.

That is what is not quite right about the whole thing...3 infants all 4 years old or less, Home Alone.

And Doctors, pillars of society etc. etc. :confused:. This type of neglect might be more easy to understand if they were - eg. - uneducated young chavs who maybe lived in high rise apartments in inner city, the types you see in town centres, dragging their kids around, shouting at them etc.

It could be they did that deliberately - so that when they sent their friend back to check on them they would discover maddie gone - all while they were in the restaurant! Unfortunately he/she didn't look very hard and it was then left up to Kate to raise the alarm.

It is fishy - however I also find the idea that they could dig up/move their daughter and bury her somewhere without being spotted/recognised quite bizzare also.

Frankly I don't know what to believe. Part of me hopes that they are guilty otherwise the portugese police have a lot to answer for in terms of harrassment and leaked 'so called' evidence, put yourselves in the shoes of an innocent McCann family.

And Doctors, pillars of society etc. etc.

Why do you automatically assume that doctors are pillars of society ?

Would you have described Harold Shipman similarly before he got found out ?

And Doctors, pillars of society etc. etc. :confused:. This type of neglect might be more easy to understand if they were - eg. - uneducated young chavs who maybe lived in high rise apartments in inner city, the types you see in town centres, dragging their kids around, shouting at them etc.

'Professional people' dont always make the best parents.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would be capable of withstanding such intense media & police pressure without cracking if they were guilty. But then, what about OJ .....

I really sympathise with the McGann's if they are not guilty of anything sinister. But then they shouldn't have left a toddler alone in the first place.....

That's my attitude, exactly.

Split

Why do you automatically assume that doctors are pillars of society ?

Would you have described Harold Shipman similarly before he got found out ?

Doctors, by the important job they do, are pillars of society. Where would society be if doctors didn't exist? chaos maybe? if so, doctors help keep society going (acting as pillars).
This does not mean that as people in their personal lives they are the best, or that they are not capable of doing wrong, personally or professionally.

I do not consider doctors gods. They make mistakes, sometimes big ones.
I trust my own research/diagnosis of ailments etc. more than i would that of a GP following a 5 minute chat.

It could be they did that deliberately - so that when they sent their friend back to check on them they would discover maddie gone - all while they were in the restaurant! Unfortunately he/she didn't look very hard and it was then left up to Kate to raise the alarm.

It is fishy - however I also find the idea that they could dig up/move their daughter and bury her somewhere without being spotted/recognised quite bizzare also.

Frankly I don't know what to believe. Part of me hopes that they are guilty otherwise the portugese police have a lot to answer for in terms of harrassment and leaked 'so called' evidence, put yourselves in the shoes of an innocent McCann family.

I must say, when i hear about the mother carrying the girls teddy bear everywhere she goes and is seen in public, if a person was wanting to drum up sympathy, deflect attention away from themselves etc. this is the type of strategy that might be used..........