millionaire on the doll?

Is there any law saying that somebody who derives their income through spreadbetting and therefore does not have a job could not sign on?

Are you serious. Why would you want to tell the benefits agency your life story and financial affairs for £70 a week, when you could make that in seconds. Go to the benefits agency, you will be stood next to smack heads and get nothing short of a 'financial cavity search'

I was in the DVLA last week taxing my car, and there was a chap in there who wanted to tax his old car for 3 days whilst he repainted his drive, and parked it on the road ...... not kidding. It wasnt you was it Pelzar

:LOL:

k

been away for the weekend so only just looked all the replies!! Was only asking as a point of interest, dw I have no intention to sign on.

Karl, no it wasnt me mate I keep my 911 in my garage!

Last I heard, if you were not available for work, you couldn't claim. And if you did and someone told the relevant authorities, then you'd have to pay it back plus interest plus a fine. Besides, if you're making a living trading, why the hell would you waste your time claiming the benefits on offer (which are great if you're a chav but not even worth putting clothes on for if you're a decent trader).

i'd burn theoir house down. after seeing my tax bill for the year i feel like throttling people.

Spanish89 claimed lots of benefits whilst trading and I know of others who do it too. Very slim chance of getting caught/getting in trouuble, but who can be arsed to go and sign on ever week or whatever it is for the sake of £120 per fortnight?
(mind you, spanish was claiming housing benefits aswell the cheecky git! lol)

Spanish deserved every penny he got!
He did a lot of public good.
He should have been paid a lot more purely for his entertainment value!

He provided me with several chuckles both here and on elitetrader.
Many a trader probably stopped themselves from entering a trade simply because spanish was in it and hence saved themselves from a bad trade.

Spanish89 claimed lots of benefits whilst trading and I know of others who do it too. Very slim chance of getting caught/getting in trouuble, but who can be arsed to go and sign on ever week or whatever it is for the sake of £120 per fortnight?
(mind you, spanish was claiming housing benefits aswell the cheecky git! lol)

Yes but spanish wasn't receiving an income from his trading - so he needed those benefits.

Yes but spanish wasn't receiving an income from his trading - so he needed those benefits.

Really? I was under the impression that he gave a member here (possible shadowninja??) his ETX sign on info to verify that he had been making a few thousand pounds per week?
Maybe im wrong. i guess we'll never know.

However, I do know of some young traders who trade mini accounts trading very small stakes with a few thousand in the account who make maybe £200 per week, who also sign on, giving them £260 per week which isn't a great wage but its tax free and they earn as much as their friends who work the 9-5.

Filling in the forms or whatever you need to do, isn't worth it to me, personally.

There may be other reasons to sign on though .. . . .Imagine a City worker having been made redundant and now dabbling at home . . . .. .making bits/bobs here there, but with a big mortgage, . . . . .if they had mortgage insurance they would need to sign on for that to be paid .. . . .if not . . . . .trouble.

I know 2 people in that exact position. Are they scroungers . . .. .NO . . . . ..just trying to keep the wolf from the door at a difficult time . . . . . .good luck to them.

i'd burn theoir house down. after seeing my tax bill for the year i feel like throttling people.

I wouldn't blame a few unfortunate poorer people for your big tax bill, I'd be blaming your/our governments for spending trillions of £££ and $$$ on equipment to fight a couple of sandal-wearing "terrorists" in the deserts. Even after they spend all that money, our service men and women still seem to end up with useless equipment, especially the British. A lot of ex-forces I know often bought stuff from the Americans with their own money because they "didn't want their guns jamming in the middle of a fire fight" or "wanted to make sure their helmets would actually save their lives"... and rightly so! Of course it would be totally crazy if a millionaire was claiming benefits but I doubt he'd bother with all the forms just for a couple of quid. That being said I know a few people on the dole and some of them have made a lifestyle from it, are so lazy you can't even mention jobs to them, just getting up off their arses sounds like a marathon.

All that would be required is to keep up your National Insurance payments by direct debit and no need to sign on the 'Dole'

Your are absolutly joking me!! Why would you even think of that?

lol, forget about the 'millionaire' part of it! That was just a swanky title to make his point I guess.

Obviously someone that rich wouldn't claim the dole, but think about people who are eeking out a living through spreadbetting (say £200 per week) and are claiming the dole at the same time,

Wrong or right in your view??

lol, forget about the 'millionaire' part of it! That was just a swanky title to make his point I guess.

Obviously someone that rich wouldn't claim the dole, but think about people who are eeking out a living through spreadbetting (say £200 per week) and are claiming the dole at the same time,

Wrong or right in your view??

Absolutly wrong. That's the minimum wage so why claim on the dole too?

Re: millionaire on the doll?...Come on..it's DOLE

Absolutly wrong. That's the minimum wage so why claim on the dole too?

Some chavs claim unemployment benefits then proceed to urinate the money against the wall.Others squander it in pursuit of riches by partaking in the sport of kings.

So whats the problem with an unemployed person higher up the evolutionary tree actually making an extra £200 via spreadbetting whilst claiming unemployment benefit?