million dollar question (this is it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the other one will result in an identical loss.

I must be thick please explain to me how:

buy 1 lot at 1.4000 sell at 1.3500 net loss 50 pips

sell 1 lot at 1.3000 buy at 1.3500 net loss 50 pips

Where's the profit?

i only ask how to get out with profit and you have 3 choice of zone. in the zone you can buy/sell more than any lots.

But you'd still have a loss on the other position.

Why not just wait until the price get's into that zone and then trade rather than having lots of pointless losing trades?

But you'd still have a loss on the other position.

Why not just wait until the price get's into that zone and then trade rather than having lots of pointless losing trades?

tell me the following - IF

price at Higher X zone = whats your position entry
price at mid X zone = whats your position entry
price at Lower X zone = whats your position entry

err..its right at your signature sentence.:cool:
Quote: "try making "a million dollars on a million trades, not a million dollars on one trade."

p/s moron like me do advise too...:LOL: take it easy bro(y)

do u mind participate what i asked in post no.18?

tell me the following - IF

price at Higher X zone = whats your position entry
price at mid X zone = whats your position entry
price at Lower X zone = whats your position entry

What'd i'd do,

Nothing in the middle

If it breaks below 1.3000 sell

if it breaks above 1.4000 buy

Simple, buy when it goes up sell when it goes down, nothing when it's chopping about. Wait for favourable trades instead of trying to get ahead of it.

What'd i'd do,

Nothing in the middle

If it breaks below 1.3000 sell

if it breaks above 1.4000 buy

Simple, buy when it goes up sell when it goes down, nothing when it's chopping about. Wait for favourable trades instead of trying to get ahead of it.

good! now tell me..

assume price breaks above 1.4000 and you enter buy at 1.4010, correct?

nope.. this is the real million dollars question. you see the "X"? it is the zone you can choose to buy or sell to make the previous 2 opened buy and sell position INTO PROFIT.

*Profit here i means equity is more than acc balance. for eg: if 3 losing position but with 1 big winning position, its profit and you can close all position and get out with profit.

Look; if you actually have a position on, you will be exposed to the current market price.

Put the trades on - Buy @ 1.4000, Sell @ 1.3000 - and see what the effect of the market price is on your PnL.

The Current price in the market isn't going to have any effect on your PnL because you don;t have any exposures, just a 1000 point loss.

IF you had a position on (which, in this case, you dont), there would be a price at which your position would return a profit. Why don't you try and work it out in pencil on paper?

Look; if you actually have a position on, you will be exposed to the current market price.

Put the trades on - Buy @ 1.4000, Sell @ 1.3000 - and see what the effect of the market price is on your PnL.

The Current price in the market isn't going to have any effect on your PnL because you don;t have any exposures, just a 1000 point loss.

IF you had a position on (which, in this case, you dont), there would be a price at which your position would return a profit. Why don't you try and work it out in pencil on paper?

im just asking if youre stucked with the following 2 opened position, and you have 3 zone available to trade. what entry and what zone need to get in and you'll get out with total profit once market move?

If you're stuck with the following two positions of EQUAL size

long @ 1.4000

short @ 1.3000

There is NO point at which you could exit both at the same time for a profit it will always result in a net 100 pips loss.

You don't have any open positions

You are describing a Stop_Buy / Stop_Sell OCO "Bracket" order. You might as well flip a coin.

If you're stuck with the following two positions of EQUAL size

long @ 1.4000

short @ 1.3000

There is NO point at which you could exit both at the same time for a profit it will always result in a net 100 pips loss.

thats not true, you dont need exit both, but need to exit all position (more than previous 2 position) once total is in profit. i mean like..

for eg: 3 or more position (2 minor loss and 1 big profit) total is profit. not amount of each position.

Last edited:
thats not true, you dont need exit both, but need to exit all position (more than previous 2 position) once total is in profit.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhh

You really don't get this....

but that net position of long 1 @1.4 short 1 @ 1.3 can never be in profit.

if you sell more below 1.3 then it it that second position that is showing profit , the other two are still carrying that locked in loss.

EG

Sell 1 lot @ 1.30000 ($10 pip) close @ 1.1500 net profit $1500

buy 1 lot @ 1.40000 close @ 1.1500 net loss $2500

Sell 1 lot @ 1.2990 close @ 1.1500 net profit $1490

total profit $490

Miss out all the messing with "hedging"

total profit $1490

$1000 more and that's without including spreads, commissiom, rollover fees etc.

You don't have any open positions

You are describing a Stop_Buy / Stop_Sell OCO "Bracket" order. You might as well flip a coin.

assume you had your own strategy now, and theres signal entry buy. so you enter buy with your own analysis, now the difference here is if market go against your buy position (doesnt matter against how many pips) and you enter short to stop losses instead of exit the buy position with stoploss.

now you had exactly the same situation like i said in post 18, theres 3 x zone you can enter and which zone you enter and you'll get out with profit once market move.

"get out with profit" means you add some more trade in some X zone and once market move your trade profile would be more win than lose position. therefore can get out with profit.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhh

You really don't get this....

but that net position of long 1 @1.4 short 1 @ 1.3 can never be in profit.

if you sell more below 1.3 then it it that second position that is showing profit , the other two are still carrying that locked in loss.

EG

Sell 1 lot @ 1.30000 ($10 pip) close @ 1.1500 net profit $1500

buy 1 lot @ 1.40000 close @ 1.1500 net loss $2500

total profit $490

Miss out all the messing with "hedging"

total profit $1490

$1000 more and that's without including spreads, commissiom, rollover fees etc.

pls read post no.36

assume you had your own strategy now, and theres signal entry buy. so you enter buy with your own analysis, now the difference here is if market go against your buy position (doesnt matter against how many pips) and you enter short to stop losses instead of exit the buy position with stoploss.

now you had exactly the same situation like i said in post 18, theres 3 x zone you can enter and which zone you enter and you'll get out with profit once market move.

"get out with profit" means you add some more trade in some X zone and once market move your trade profile would be more win than lose position. therefore can get out with profit.

If you are long 1 lot and you sell one lot you have effectively closed that position.

nope.. this is the real million dollars question. you see the "X"? it is the zone you can choose to buy or sell to make the previous 2 opened buy and sell position INTO PROFIT.

*Profit here i means equity is more than acc balance. for eg: if 3 losing position but with 1 big winning position, its profit and you can close all position and get out with profit.

Yes everyonerich,
I use to do this alot, in fact, this part of my trading strategy, if I am stuck into 2 extreme positions mentioned above.
What i do is to continue trading , by adding more positions as at when its near to either
extreme position, If today the position more closer to lower iposition, I will try to maximise my positions.(anti positions or hedging postions) to reduced the spread of the extreme postions. So the same strategies applies to the top extreme positions).
These will eventuallly, will be postive to your equity . And of course , alot of scarifies to to made too( I believe in the philosophy of "If there is no sacrifies, there'll be no development/profit".)
May be my strategy may not suits you?

Status
Not open for further replies.