Midwest Traders

lbranjord

This thread is for any traders in the midwest area. I only trade forex so far, and live near Minneapolis MN. Anyone else close by :)

Hey Ibranjord!

I'm right here in the midwest too. I've traded stocks, options, forex and now I'm trading gold futures.
Send me a private message and we can chat some more.

I would like to network with traders. I am originally from MN and plan on returning. I am currently in Souther California. I trade forex through CMS with the vtrader platform. I like it for the ease of automating trading.

I scored big in my practice account but noticed when I went live losses accumulated. This has solidified my resolve to continue with the live acct, albeit at the level of "mini's.

My goal is to use an automated system for entries and then to manual manage the trades through hedging, stop loss, and limit orders. Tough thing right now is I have a 'day' job that totally kills my trades. The trades go well, but I am unable to set my limit orders. So trades go my way, hit my limit, but by the time I get to my computer, they very well may have returned to nominal gains or a loss.

I let a short-term autotrade "always in the market" go over night once and experienced the cruel world "of the cms trade desk" steal all my money.

I'm rambling. As I said, I want to network with fellow traders in the are to learn from and possibly, in return, give something back. Since I am in a "drawdown" I wouldn't feel comfortable giving advice.

Regards,
timpar

Come to MN, we'll start a business and rent some office space! Get some monitors going...trade our own accts side by side, share info etc...play some Xbox during the chop perhaps? haha.