Masters in investment management

sam_w

Hi

i'm currently out of work and have had about a yr and a halfs worth of trading/ analyst expereince. Im currently trying to break into the world of asset/wealth management and every agency ive spoken to have told me the same thing, that it will be very hard to break into that kind of business without actual expereince in it. I've writen to loads of companies and most have either not replied or said that they cant really help. So i was wondering what would be the best option for me. Prehaps to do a masters thats related to the field and then when its done apply for a graduate style role? Only problem is that the course is going to cost me £17k+ and if i cant geta job at the end of it there is no point me spending that money really.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

i have been told by a professor--he teaches strategy--that nowadays it is tough to get a job in finance, even with a master's degree. but it is a field i also want to get into.

depending on your school and your results, obviously, you should get plenty of opportunities to build up your network while following the programme.

Cant you take up an internship somewhere? After few months you could be a full time paid employee and that could get you started. As for the masters degree, well it helps but no one can guarantee a job even with a masters degree nowadays.

I've tried asking for internships but no luck. Im really finding it hard finding work atm. I've done an IMC and am currently doing my SII exams to see if that helps.