MAKO Global

Guidster

I know there seems to be a few mentions of Mako on the site but nothing that goes into too much detail.

I have a group interview with them in a few weeks and would be very grateful of any advice from anyone who has been for a interview there in the past. Numbers of people at interview?what they ask?tests?group discussions?

If anyone as any idea or advice for me please respond or PM

thanks

[Hey Guidster,

any news? how did the interview go?
fif you already get an answer?
by the way did you apply through efinancialcareers? i applied as well but didnt get any news back and when i phoned them up, they told me they haven't invited anyone for the moment?

Did you apply through another channel?

From memory

Hedge fund bought by Close brothers in 2007 , Close also owns Winterflood a Uk Market maker and is a FTSE 250 company

Hi guys, sorry to drag up an old thread just wondered if anyone had an update with regards to their assessment day, what it involves etc?

I have one with them soon so just tryng to prepare as best i can, cheers.

Mako-assessment centre

Hi, I have the assessment centre coming up soon. Just wondering if anyone knows what it involves? I know there will be a trading simulator as well as a maths test. I am guessing it will be a mental arithmetic speed test but I am not sure...Thanks!

From memory it was written, I can't remember if it was mental or if a calculator was permitted. It was more logic than maths in any case... This was back in 2007 at, or just after, uni btw.

I ****ed it up for several reasons, probably didn't help coming back for 2nd interview not in a suit and not knowing anything about the markets, or options, or such like. I'd strongly recommend you focus on that.

What kind of things should you know for the open outcry simulator? That's the bit I am most worried about. Thanks for your help, really appreciate it!

I totally ****ed it up as I essentially didn't even know what a bid offer spread was and this is purely from memory but it was more or less you'd say "30 at 32" then they'd go "yours how do y ouremain?" then you'd go "29 at 31"

Actually that sounds really retarded, it probably wasn't that simple. Honestly I don't remember it very well, sorry I can't be of more help. The idea was that you were simulating a market maker though.

Does anyone what the maths test is like? Is it more quant based or just usual numerical logic? Thanks

Mako

Does anyone what the maths test is like? Is it more quant based or just usual numerical logic? Thanks

Missy...the maths test from what I can remember was pretty striaght forward...nothing you can revise or prepare for really...to be honest the maths test side of things with Mako and any of the other similar firms should be the least of any candidates concerns as they are rarely that difficult (certainly relative to the job) and you can't prepare for them...I would focus on being prepared for the open outcry part and just think about how a bid-offer spread works. The other part of the interview is where you are all sat round a table and asked what you are doing now, why you want to trade...also worth knowing what was in FT that day etc..

cheers

Hi, i have passed the Mako Global Assesment two days ago and i didn't have any news from them. After how long did they cintact you ? Are currently working at Mako ??

Took about a fortnight to invite back for second interview and about a fortnight to reject me iirc... Certainly the second delay was around that.

I got a call back in less than a week for second interview.. Haven't yet attended so haven't received the rejection phone call!