Making Money Trading

Which market do you want to learn to trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
looking good on the cable also.both 1h and 4h

I took the 1hr pin (I use the word loosely) on cable this morning. Body was too large to be correctly defined a pin, but liked the confluence of daily pivot, 50% Fib and prior downdward TL. I haven't worked out how to post charts btw.

I'm still in gold from friday, I resisted to take profits before weekend and has now started to take off.

Arf

I took the 1hr pin (I use the word loosely) on cable this morning. Body was too large to be correctly defined a pin, but liked the confluence of daily pivot, 50% Fib and prior downdward TL. I haven't worked out how to post charts btw.

I'm still in gold from friday, I resisted to take profits before weekend and has now started to take off.

Arf
click the go advanced button below the reply,then click manage attachments.
i left this alone,the 4 hour looks better to me

GBP/YEN
200 point drop this morning by 10 am
may have the rest of the day off !!!!!!
some good trading this morn eh!!!?didnt know where to enter first!!lol
currntly short eur/usd,stopped out at +5 on the usd/yen break,will be lookin to reenter if it goes south again(y)

jonj, I took it, just moved to BE, looks to me like it may have real trouble getting through 60-70 area

I also took the usd chf 4h based on this, remains to be seen whether it was a good idea or not, seemed to me like a nice bar off a 365ema, pivot area and 38 ret. Any ideas/comments?

Attachments

• usdchf.gif
    usdchf.gif
    23.9 KB · Views: 362
Couple of eurgbp charts. The two previous 4hr bars are exact to the pip as per James16 thread looking for a break above to continue the trend.

On the 1hr chart the previous bar is also a pin that didnt trigger. Looks a bit like the daily aussie charts pins this morning.

(3hrs to go til bar ends on 4hr chart by the way:)

Attachments

• eurgbp_h1.gif
    eurgbp_h1.gif
    13.8 KB · Views: 352
  • eurgbp_h4.gif
    eurgbp_h4.gif
    12.4 KB · Views: 354
Couple of eurgbp charts. The two previous 4hr bars are exact to the pip as per James16 thread looking for a break above to continue the trend.

On the 1hr chart the previous bar is also a pin that didnt trigger. Looks a bit like the daily aussie charts pins this morning.

(3hrs to go til bar ends on 4hr chart by the way:)
hi 1pipped,got 1pipped tday on my usd/yen trade !lol,
i am currently short euro/gb.i entered on the 4h pin,the shadow of the pin fell a few pips short of a pivot with plenty of fib confluence.a few pips of my trend line and its with the trend.the hourly also had a dbhlc triggerd just before the 4h break which is what made my mind up on the pin.thought id stick my 2p in:whistling

Attachments

• pinbar.gif
    pinbar.gif
    56 KB · Views: 362
  • pinbar1h.gif
    pinbar1h.gif
    55.9 KB · Views: 286
usdjpy 1 pipped me into a trade last week as well ! Also had one on gbpchf that scraped down and missed my stop by 1 pip, managed to get that one out at b/e eventually :LOL:

I actually prefer your 4hr one because it is off a good pivot line rather than small fibs like the 1hr I posted, the pivot looks stronger than the fibs to me ... also with the longer trend like you say.

I havent put an order in on eurgbp, but have a long from friday (for some reason) might move my stop up under the hourly pin area if it doesnt take me out before I get round to doing it

I havent put an order in on eurgbp, but have a long from friday (for some reason) might move my stop up under the hourly pin area if it doesnt take me out before I get round to doing it
lol,your long is doin better than my short!!,as is so often the case !!lol

Ive moved stop up, its under 1:1 if it gets hit, I dont really like the idea of less than 1:1 but sod it, eurgbp has bounced off that pivot again, and the stop has spoken !!

If ide closed it earlier today I could have took 2:1 and be out.... on the other hand if I had closed it I wouldnt have a free eurgbp lottery ticket that might be worth 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, maybe even 10:1 maybe even 20:1 or 100:1 !!! lol

Did anyone take a view on audusd? Gave a few signals yesterday, hourly, 4hourly and i think a daily pin bar off the big 9500 level. Anyone on it? Or people got reasons not to take it? Thanks in advance for your comments.

ill pull the yen order,on the thinking that with gold down,swissy up,euro down all indicating dollar strength

right then,own up,who talked me out of this trade:mad:,oh yeah it was me,trying to think:LOL:

Attachments

• uj4.gif
    uj4.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 487
AUDUSD. Now a Pin is forming. I am long since the pin yesterday morning and added yesterday evening in the ratracement. T_D do you exit when you see such an opposite pin forming?

Love to hear how the pro react to this situation :)

zishor - i would say, take half off now (your addition) and leave the rest. the higher timeframes still look bullish. i am looking to add on any retrace we get. but maybe TD has other views??

i would ignore it if i was long from yday,you have a good entry with trend,you could poss move stop to under pivot at 9560ish,imho :clover:

Attachments

• aus1.gif
    aus1.gif
    23.7 KB · Views: 336
Hi Omni, thanks for your words. I am still a bit unconfident... but I will try something different then I did before where I constantly lost.

Before the knowledge that I need to stay in a trade as long as I can I lost because I took profits to early. My first position is now about 3.5R + the second one 2R+. My goal is 0,964. I will move stop only to BE which is way below the 61,8% fib of the last swing.
Entering a take profit order now, moving stop to be and shutting eyes now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.