Making £8k a month on the FTSE

Hi guys hope you were in on the 3.30 move 120 points and im still in but look like my stops not too far away now. I find ig and capital spreads great but ig is my favorite even though i most probably am slowly becoming not their favorite. A word on trades using spread betting. If you ask 10 different people how much they would put on the same trade there would be 10 different answers all according to bank size and risk adversity within their own mind. People should think about it differently . The answer should always be the same. My stake is 1% of my bank. Now i didnt start like that as i had so much success with this so was risking a significant percentage but my pot was small as it got bigger the percentage got smaller. Now i only risk the same percentage on any trade.

Last edited:
Gosh what a day it hass been in the FTSE - Some real nice runs available today but was unable to trade as I have a problem with my trading style that predominately revolves around not eing patient enought. Therefore, I thought to take a time out of the markets in order to get my mind right and afresh. Can anyone discuss what sort of strategies they are playing with respect to the FTSE.

I took 40 points today and looking to take more with my improved strategy. Testing it today I would've taken a total of around 55points today.

How many points you take today in total?

Viks

Hi Viks,

as mentioned I hae been out of the market for the day due to getting my mindset right and thought that I just should have a bit of time out. I would have ganed in excess of 150 points but I just thought I should sit it out today and be more relaxed about my style of trading.
What is this stragey that you have been testing?

V!P

Well i'm using MA5 and 30 on 5min chart but also looking at the 1min chart.

What strategy are you testing or been using V1per?

Keep an Eye on the U.S. Folks

For the benefit of the newbies following this thread, the afternoon move was driven by the U.S. Yes, the FTSE made a 100 point move, but the same move on the DOW was almost 250 points. Keep in mind, however, that while the potential profit is greater, so too is the risk - for two reasons. The DOW is much more volatile than the FTSE and the spread is wider (5pts on ETX Capital Vs just 2 for the FTSE). This isn't so much a recommendation to trade the DOW as it is to be aware of it and when and why it moves. If you trade the afternoon FTSE session and, for example, you're not aware of a Fed announcement due out at 10.00am EST, (3.00pm in the U.K.) you could very easily find yourself in front of a freight train coming straight at you at full tilt. Been there, bought the T shirt and, trust me, it's not nice. As a little footnote to this post, I was long the Dow at 15.01 at 7855. However, as it had been falling up til then and, wanting to take my own advice, I set a very tight stop. Result: stopped out at the low of the day for -13 including the spread. Trading can drive you up the wall sometimes and then back down the other side. But hey, looking on the bright side, had I been short at 7855, I might be facing a massive 200 point loss - or more! Anyway, very well done to those of you that managed to grab some of the move.
Tim.

ftse trading system

Hi guys hope you were in on the 3.30 move 120 points and im still in but look like my stops not too far away now. I find ig and capital spreads great but ig is my favorite even though i most probably am slowly becoming not their favorite. A word on trades using spread betting. If you ask 10 different people how much they would put on the same trade there would be 10 different answers all according to bank size and risk adversity within their own mind. People should think about it differently . The answer should always be the same. My stake is 1% of my bank. Now i didnt start like that as i had so much success with this so was risking a significant percentage but my pot was small as it got bigger the percentage got smaller. Now i only risk the same percentage on any trade.
Hi I was looking at your posts as I am a newbie but have been trading the ftse 100 part time and made 134 points last month and this week i have made 39 points so far by mainly using the MACD with a few other rules,I also use a 15 point stop and I am really interested in your system,you need to set up some beta testers and also I know how you can really make some money selling the system and have all the work done for you such as sales,packaging and make it look proffessional,the main thing to remember is to price within peoples reach.Also If you have any rough edges this company can sort them out,write out your system and get 2 or 3 beta testers that will sign have to sign a secrecy document and plot their progress.I would be very interested in your system myself.Thanks

Hi I was looking at your posts as I am a newbie but have been trading the ftse 100 part time and made 134 points last month and this week i have made 39 points so far by mainly using the MACD with a few other rules,I also use a 15 point stop and I am really interested in your system,you need to set up some beta testers and also I know how you can really make some money selling the system and have all the work done for you such as sales,packaging and make it look proffessional,the main thing to remember is to price within peoples reach.Also If you have any rough edges this company can sort them out,write out your system and get 2 or 3 beta testers that will sign have to sign a secrecy document and plot their progress.I would be very interested in your system myself.Thanks

If he is making a good living why would he want to sell his system? We dont need anymore vince stanizones in this world thanks,system sellers really **** me off!

pat

If he is making a good living why would he want to sell his system? We dont need anymore vince stanizones in this world thanks,system sellers really **** me off!

As John Lennon would have commented............." you're just a jealous guy............."

You can buy my system if you want.

Price is £ 37,000.....no refunds.

Hurry, doors are closing soon.

As John Lennon would have commented............." you're just a jealous guy............."

Does it come with a 30day risk free money back g,tee:LOL:

Patw, he's already explained it's 12 14 ma with a 25 ma as confirmation.

Would he not be getting whipsawed alot if the market is not trending? daytrading scares the pants off me :eek: i think i will stick to more long term setups:clap:

Vince makes more from selling/mlm systems than trading i bet!easier money without the risk not bad for a former hairdresser tho! ah well as long as hes making a pound i guess.... back to the grind stone for me

yes he would. sorry patw, i'm not fully awake yet.

i prefer berakouts, tried to make a vid but windows media player sucks.

Really cant see how this strategy has any longevity. MA's are so laggy and the whipsaws would p1ss me right off, especially on 1min noise. For anyone whose looking for a decent strategy, Id avoid this one like the plague, and concentrate on price action stuff. Dont mean to knock the guy, its great that it works for him, but Im sure you'll find there's more to it than a couple of MA's crossing. I mean that strategy came out with the ark....

Really cant see how this strategy has any longevity. MA's are so laggy and the whipsaws would p1ss me right off, especially on 1min noise. For anyone whose looking for a decent strategy, Id avoid this one like the plague, and concentrate on price action stuff. Dont mean to knock the guy, its great that it works for him, but Im sure you'll find there's more to it than a couple of MA's crossing. I mean that strategy came out with the ark....
Spot on, I tested this kind of system previously. Works ok on trending markets, but when ranging you will get murdered... Have to be real careful...

Any thought appreciated.
Thanks

ftse system

Yeah i know that but the guy that said about selling it didnt catch that

Hi First of all I would like to say that I have always been female as far as I know also I did catch the basic idea of the system and if the system is not affected by people using it why shouldnt he sell it as he will be helping other people,gaining another income and earning his own money trading.Remember nothing lasts forever thats the way of the world.;)

Spot on, I tested this kind of system previously. Works ok on trending markets, but when ranging you will get murdered... Have to be real careful...

Any thought appreciated.
Thanks

would tend to agree,but seems to be working for mrp so good luck to him(y)