Loser 2 Winner

Really great advice guys so in summary:-

Gradual Changes
Keeping it simple
Mindset, Risk & Management
Own Experience

Unfortunately you don't have track records of the various advisers, so you may as well try to do it your own way.

I would say it's important to preserve the capital while learning (no capital = no trading), so it would be less painful if you stick to strict rules. Maybe if you limit your potential losses to 0.5% max per trade, 1% max per day, 2% max per week, 5% max per month etc. This is just an idea - you can use your own figures - just try to imagine what would it feel like if you suffered that kind of losses and adjust them accordingly.

PS If the amount you can afford to lose is £10,000 - 0.5% would be £50. Are you OK with losing £50 per trade or £100 per day or £200 per week or £500 per month? Also can you afford to lose £10,000 without adverse affects on your standard of living?
If not, you should think about some other figures or maybe try to open a demo account.

Can you follow the rules i.e. stop trading once the loss reached predefined daily, weekly or monthly level? If not you shouldn't use real money.

It is a slow, boring and demanding process to make it from loser to winner. The other way round is much quicker.

Hi,

For those who have made it or near making it in trading what changed it for you to make you profitable?

Thanks.

Spending the time, energy and effort necessary to research, design, develop, engineer, test, analyze, verify, proof and certify my own custom indicator designs and then learning how to integrate, implement and execute on them with a cohesive, synergistic, fault tolerant, load-balanced digital trading system that was designed to learn as it traded.

Pulling the rabbit out of the hat: Priceless.

A Digital, Fault Tolerant, Load-Balanced, Intelligent Trading Systems that Learns.

Don't leave home without one! ;)

Spending the time, energy and effort necessary to research, design, develop, engineer, test, analyze, verify, proof and certify my own custom indicator designs and then learning how to integrate, implement and execute on them with a cohesive, synergistic, fault tolerant, load-balanced digital trading system that was designed to learn as it traded.

Pulling the rabbit out of the hat: Priceless.

A Digital, Fault Tolerant, Load-Balanced, Intelligent Trading Systems that Learns.

You built an indicator which you believe helps you trade. Fine. There's no need for the rest of that waffle.

When i realized:
1. Not to expect to make huge returns
2. I am trading against all those other traders out there and i have to beat and outwit as many of you as i can! To achieve that i must continually learn and adapt, and is the reason i believe all non-adapting or learning systems will fail in the long run.

That's me and I never leave home without me.
Come to think of it,,,,, I lack the certification 'tho.