Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

keep up the good work guys ( posting trades) has his lordship started handing out £50,s again to thread posters ???,if so thats a crafty move lord jules

Last edited:
cad/chf reason for exit. Negative Swiss industrial data didn't get any response from CHF. Would have expected weakening and therefore upward momentum on my long cad/chf. Was thinking of baling out for a few pips loss after the 08:15 data, but hadn't got any technical basis to exit.

Monthly and Daily R1 at 9024 which is probably the best I could hope for given the recent low volatility. Had I checked that possible target level before going in I would more sensibly have passed on this one as a potential 16 for 28 makes no commercial sense.

cad.chf. Nail in the coffin. Got an exit signal on the 09:15 BST open at 9020. Would have given me +12 instead of +6. Better, but not brilliant on 28 risked.

FX Punt - I presume working from an institutional trading desk the NFP won't present you with the same degree of bid/offer shenanigans that retail brokers unload onto their clients. But are you always flat going into NFP?

I appreciate that is almost always a high degree of volatility around the data and apart from making sure my stop is already well out of the way of OANDA's 20-30 pip free lunch, I've taken a view that it'll go my was as often as against me and therefore no point coming out.

Having just read that, even if true, 50/50 doesn't actually stack up too well given efforts made to maintain at least a small edge. Have I answered my own question?
Hi PB ,
I'm not always flat going into non farms, but I
do prefer to be as feel it is bit of a lottery.
Another problem for me is we have to watch lots
of orders for customers so I don't actually have
any time for myself to trade ! My time is taken up
executing other people's orders !
We use other banks platforms to help with liquidity and they will
Be about 10 pips wide during numbers.
I personally find it more difficult during non-farms or fomc etc.
I think the algos will win more times in fast moving markets. I will
try and jump on a move but keep positions smaller than normal.

So even you guys suffer 10 pip spreads? Amazing! I figured it would all be 0.1 pip as a norm and maybe half a pip under pressure, but you obviously don't get as big a transaction break as I imagined. I would have thought with the combined institutional liquidity they'd be little risk to warrant those sizes.

So you guys are gaming each other and not just your clients?

Im looking to short gbp/cad , waiting for it to pullback to 1.6290's for an entry, 10 pip spread with my s/b broker

I work for mid tier bank. Maybe if I worked
for top U.S Bank I could use my own Banks
platform with constant tight spreads. The Banks
that offer us their liquidity will widen to about
10 pips. I have access to EBS and Reuters that will
have better spreads but not guaranteed to get
Full amount done.

I still have that advantage of being paid on offer.
High so far,guess best bid u would see is 46 or 47