Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

PB, this is the set up I use most often. Find some
momentum and buy small pull back. It either continues
or I get stopped.
If reluctant to take the trade why not take a possy half or .25
of normal. Just to have something in it. The worst
part of trading for me is watching a move I wanted to be in. Would just take smaller possy.
That would work really well for me while I'm working through the issues I have with these setups. Thanks.

eur/nzd stopped out. I took this long trade counter to the trend after a strong move down on the basis that, clever lad that I am [not], it would regress back up to the mean before continuing down. I wish I had written this, especially the bit I've underlined, before taking that trade.

What the hell am I doing taking a long on a strong move down on a pair that has a strong underlying down trend? On full size.

gbp/jpy long trade. Stop remains at 155.71 even though I could bring it up just below today's open at 155.82, but it looks like it would snap that up right away. I've placed a limit buy at 156.60 and I'm turning everything off.

gbp/jpy long trade. Stop moved up to 156.11 just under a bunch of s/r levels. +5 locked in.

Trying to salvage something from the shambles of the day.

Just bot Eur usd 1.3125 to sq. just bot 2 units
Nzd usd at .8910 with v tight stop at .8900.
Just woken up and didn't like usd weaker agst
nzd and jpy. Will prob regret trades but will be square
before non farm tdy anyway.

FX Punt - I presume working from an institutional trading desk the NFP won't present you with the same degree of bid/offer shenanigans that retail brokers unload onto their clients. But are you always flat going into NFP?

I appreciate that is almost always a high degree of volatility around the data and apart from making sure my stop is already well out of the way of OANDA's 20-30 pip free lunch, I've taken a view that it'll go my was as often as against me and therefore no point coming out.

Having just read that, even if true, 50/50 doesn't actually stack up too well given efforts made to maintain at least a small edge. Have I answered my own question?