Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Not sure how this comment will be greeted, no offence is intended to anybody. You really are best to avoid any sites, like this or any other BB you visit when you are actively trading. IMHO they detract you from the job in hand, and its possible to become a scenario where the focus becomes to post your trades rather than focus on the job in hand, this is where the real learning happens. The only person who should be interested in your trade(s) is you, they are, or should not be or interest to anybody else.

There's nothing wrong with posting for whatever reasons but, again, its down to having the self discipline to get out of it what benefits you without taking on unnecessary baggage. If you don't have the self discipline to 'trade first, post later', or can't help squabbling with other egos, the self discipline to trade competently is probably not there either...

Personally, i am curious how other people trade, all in the spirit of self improvement and getting a more rounded view of the markets/methods etc. Only fair then that i put up my own rationale with the trades and i do that when i have time. On the whole, i find it a positive experience. (y)

There's nothing wrong with posting for whatever reasons but, again, its down to having the self discipline to get out of it what benefits you without taking on unnecessary baggage. If you don't have the self discipline to 'trade first, post later', or can't help squabbling with other egos, the self discipline to trade competently is probably not there either...

Personally, i am curious how other people trade, all in the spirit of self improvement and getting a more rounded view of the markets/methods etc. Only fair then that i put up my own rationale with the trades and i do that when i have time. On the whole, i find it a positive experience. (y)

Ok good stuff!

Any questions or if you feel what I am doing is questionable or queries then just post at me :)

I am writing to BJ in a perfectly diplomatic way for not only the potential benefit to him but also to throw my techniques and what I see out there for others to understand.

Whether or not this is useful to you personally or anyone else, I hope at least one person can take something positive from my understanding or alternatively, negatively, in which case, just tell me and hopefully something constructive will come of it? I love to hear peoples thoughts!

After all, this is a good environment; certain people just need to learn to pick up the good points and throw away the bad.

:)

I'd like to say that I really appreciate the live calls, I'm exceptionally new to this and learning is tough, being able to look at people like Splashy and Lord Flashearts calls has helped me massively, sometimes I follow the call, often not, but I always look and try to have a view and understand why they did what they did. From this I've now started to make my own calls, with varying degrees of success, your teachings are much appreciated, thank you! (y)

Some of the best Traders who newbies will ever be privileged to chat to post FREE ideas and entries on Threads like this and they are deemed not useful and Dick swinging ?

jesus christ .....why do we bother :eek:

Some Advice

Umm....if people dont want to read it.... then dont read it ? :|

N

-26 x 2, as pointed out the risk was always there after the spike down and retracement,could continue upwards now

Flash had already pointed out the G/J is a bloody high volatility pairing .....which you will all learn one day if you put time and effort into learning your craft

so no one give us the boohoo....ok ? ;)

N

Order for short on AUDUSD.

Entry: 1.02225
Target: 1.01424
Stop: 1.02530

Risk: 30.5 (ex spread)
Reward: 80.1 (ex spread)

1:2.6 ratio.

Random thoughts:

Taking that all into consideration, r:r becomes realistically more complicated than just stating a simple ratio as i`ve done above. Reason of course depends on how the individual calls a trade early. Big discipline of mine is setting rules to exit early on potential bias change (whether that be PA, s/r stalling, CS reading, patterns etc).

This then of course effects the `true r:r` over its initial forecast and its that figure that truly reflects performance when talking risk:reward ratios.

If all goes to plan that is the potential estimated expectations.

Order for short on AUDUSD.

Entry: 1.02225
Target: 1.01424
Stop: 1.02530

Risk: 30.5 (ex spread)
Reward: 80.1 (ex spread)

1:2.6 ratio.

Random thoughts:

Taking that all into consideration, r:r becomes realistically more complicated than just stating a simple ratio as i`ve done above. Reason of course depends on how the individual calls a trade early. Big discipline of mine is setting rules to exit early on potential bias change (whether that be PA, s/r stalling, CS reading, patterns etc).

This then of course effects the `true r:r` over its initial forecast and its that figure that truly reflects performance when talking risk:reward ratios.

If all goes to plan that is the potential estimated expectations.

how long is the order valid for and why didnt you take it at that level on the pullback earlier

how long is the order valid for and why didnt you take it at that level on the pullback earlier

I will hold the order if price staggers up to this level on small CS ranges. Not wanting anything bullish or wide ranged CS closes. In essence a lower degree of trend to give me confidence in a short term reversal.

(edit: Im also keen to see 1.0239 area... My stop may be slightly wider and depending on how this plays out I may add to the position whilst maintaining my 2% risk profile.

What level on the pull back earlier?

buy eur/usd at 1.2696 top at 1.2681
(IMO still up trend with a bit of divergence - so risk 15pips only)

if you guys are going to keep bickering and competing,you already have a thread dedicated to it,so may be best to fight on their. This is for live calls with stops. I will of course follow the fight:)

mmm, bit water under the bridge now, but I'll try to keep it clear from now if people don't play the game.

There is a divergence for eur/usd on 15 min tf (good for a short), but I wouldn't touch it because of the FOMC series of reports starting at 17:00