Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

There is a divergence for eur/usd on 15 min tf (good for a short), but I wouldn't touch it because of the FOMC series of reports starting at 17:00

Plenty of time. My trade would be done before that.

To avoid future bickering. All my stops are 10 pips and target 150 pips. That means my call out price -10 pips and call out price + 150 pips.

To avoid future bickering. All my stops are 10 pips and target 150 pips. That means my call out price -10 pips and call out price + 150 pips.

And I thought my R/R targets were a tad ambitious. Go Joe.:)

Wow, thats some R&R, what time frame have you got that permutation off?

What time frame have you got that permutation off?

With such a reward, the risk would need to be bigger IMHO

But good luck

If you don't like my ambition and wanna bicker, you can always start a trade contest thread to challenge me.

Don't really want to bicker Joe dear but I will glady engage in a duel if you so wish. I'll let you start it. I will expect to see some of those lofty targets of yours hit.

What time frame have you got that permutation off?

With such a reward, the risk would need to be bigger IMHO

But good luck

My risk tolerance is low. As you saw with my first trade, I was out at -5.3 pips. I wanted 5 but it over shot my manually executed stop.

My risk tolerance is low. As you saw with my first trade, I was out at -5.3 pips. I wanted 5 but it over shot my manually executed stop.

OK, Joe, I trade the 5 minute chart only, such a R&R on a short time frame is impractical IMO.

I use a 10 PIP stop and a 10 PIP limit, whilst the R&R is only 1:1, however, accuracy and trend entry are paramount.

I have made just 2 trades today, both on the CAC, with the above principals, both came in. Whilst I haven't entered a live call on these, I have posted charts on the S&P and Indexes thread, where we duscuss set up, rather than making live calls. if you look, you will see both trades had the exact mirror image conditions and where time specific: ie 1st Trade that met the trading conditions after 9 am and 2.30 am.

Try an be realistic with your reward mate.

Please take this in the manner I intended, as advice rather than having a go.

Good luck, (its hard in the beginning, we've all being there)

Out +10.3. Don't like the sharp reversal moves.

As you can see my trade, my time frame is very short.

i think you have to expect sharp reversal moves when you're trading within such a narrow channel...
and obviously the reward you mentioned was sarcasm, right?

Attachments

• eurusd2006.jpg
    eurusd2006.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 109