Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

out at 1.3057 +40

The price went 0.3 pip below my stop
It was a quick (I would say calculated stop hitting move). I was waiting for it to come back to my entry level to confirm it was a stop hunting game. I should have let it run some more (to 1.3100?), but I needed to recover the loss.

PS Amazing how precise was that stop hunting move:eek:

PPS Anyway it was a wrong stop (level)- I should have put it below 83 really

The price went 0.3 pip below my stop
It was a quick (I would say calculated stop hitting move). I was waiting for it to come back to my entry level to confirm it was a stop hunting game. I should have let it run some more (to 1.3100?), but I needed to recover the loss.

PS Amazing how precise was that stop hunting move:eek:

PPS Anyway it was a wrong stop (level)- I should have put it below 83 really

Good trade Zen.

Bit confused by your comment though. What stop and what stop hunting move are you talking about? Do you mean the bid was 0.3 below 81?

Good trade Zen.

Bit confused by your comment though. What stop and what stop hunting move are you talking about? Do you mean the bid was 0.3 below 81?

Thanks S.

There were few trades though and not all of them were very good IMO

I entered 1st eur/usd trade at 1.3017 with stop at 1.2987. I mentioned afterwards that I should have put stop below 1.2983 (day's low). So my broker's bid price low was 1.29867 (that spike) which was 0.3 pip below my stop. I was stopped at -30 pips loss and then price quickly reversed and eventually came back to my entry level.

At that moment I decided to enter 2nd trade ( entry at 1.3017 - same level as 1st trade and stop at 1.2981 - below day's low). I was guessing about the spike that took me out for -30 loss was a fake, stop hunting move.

BTW I've checked some other charts and price never went below 1.2987 - it came close, but not below. Anyway it was not a massive discrepancy, so I didn't complain. Sometimes they don't stop me although on other charts price hits my stop levels. I've 'helped' by not putting stop properly.

It's funny though - I was right about it hitting 1.3100 and almost ended with a loss (if I didn't perform all the extra trading)

Id like to post a chart explaining reasons for cable trade,but its more of a gut feeling based on price action and a basic fib level back to 2008

have set to take 1/2 off at +25 on cable trade. Taking kids to doctors, we need a red cross on our door lately.

unsure what to do with this cable trade,its 30 pips up with figures to come. I beleive whatever the figures the big movement will be up,but would like to have more than 30 to allow for any downward spike,so may pull out